New Tomenosuke Blaster Pro "Retail" version

...im not sure they ever said that 300 would be a "limited edition" Did they? They did say that this is the "final version" and that no other improvements would be made.

Maybe there will be another run after this. ?

Only thing I have seen is that this will be the final version. Haven't seen anything about final run. I would bet there will be another run as soon as they need money! If it is the final run these are going to go up in price big time I would guess. In the short term they will anyways.

Got my Pro retail version today from HCG. It is really, really nice. As has been said, plenty heavy, though not as heavy as a Coyle. Makes the Offworld seem toy-like by comparison (though it was good for its price). The black finish on the Steyr parts is a little off-putting, given how used to the lighter metallic finish on the Coyle I had become. The cylinder release is a little temperamental and my cylinder rotates with trigger pulls better if the cylinder is not very tightly closed. One interesting surprise is that the "antenna" ("emitter?") in the center of the end of the upper barrel withdraws inward with the bolt when you flip out and pull back on the Steyr bolt. Has anyone speculated on what this upper barrel was supposed to do and how. Was it to fire "sound waves?" The LED's and switch work great.

Anyone know what the decal included represents or where it goes?

Overall, I am very, very pleased with this purchase. I may be adding a little graphite or Rub 'n' Buff to the Steyr parts, though!

Got my Pro retail version today from HCG. It is really, really nice. As has been said, plenty heavy, though not as heavy as a Coyle. Makes the Offworld seem toy-like by comparison (though it was good for its price). The black finish on the Steyr parts is a little off-putting, given how used to the lighter metallic finish on the Coyle I had become. The cylinder release is a little temperamental and my cylinder rotates with trigger pulls better if the cylinder is not very tightly closed. One interesting surprise is that the "antenna" ("emitter?") in the center of the end of the upper barrel withdraws inward with the bolt when you flip out and pull back on the Steyr bolt. Has anyone speculated on what this upper barrel was supposed to do and how. Was it to fire "sound waves?" The LED's and switch work great.

Anyone know what the decal included represents or where it goes?

Overall, I am very, very pleased with this purchase. I may be adding a little graphite or Rub 'n' Buff to the Steyr parts, though!

Since I own a kit and have it fairly close to the WorldCon finish I'm looking forward to the clean "as issued" look on the assembled model. The cylinder release has always been a bit of a pain but having owned several versions of the gun I've found this to common, maybe its a bit of the design of the gun itself? Since it was never really addressed in the film all we can do is guess or create our own fiction what the upper receiver was for. Basically the gun itself seems a bit classic detective Noir revolver to me and I think the gun is just a futuristic version of that type of detective/Noir weapon.

I haven't received mine yet but I do remember reading a blog post on the Tomenosuke blog where they were talking about one of the photos Karl posted a bit ago showing a white 5223 decal on the foward bottom left side of the lower ammo housing of the original prop. With this discovery the Tomenosuke team decided to include this decal to be applied if you so wish. See the thread here http://www.therpf.com/f45/new-discoveries-pix-blade-runner-blaster-pre-production-condition-206446/

**edit* I find the lack of photos of this awesome piece disturbing! Those of you lucky ones who have received it already post up some pics of this thing! :)**

Last edited:
The decal...photos surfaced recently that put those numbers on the left side of the ammo housing where the clip goes in...there are details on their site...I'm surprised to see they didn't include anything about it in the documents included?! I'm getting a kit so I hope that decal is included as I aim to put it on one of my Coyle blasters...

So mine came in today. I was SOOOOO PUMPED. The box felt lighter than I anticipated, although the artwork was amazing on it. I carefully cut the tape with an razor blade and pried it open. And it was EMPTY!!! They sent me a BOX with NO blaster!!! Can you believe that??? Okay maybe I dreamed that.....mine doesn't show up until UPS runs today around 5pm. :(

...the cylinder opening and latch difficulty may be due to tightness. On the real revolvers as on this, there is a small ball /detant that must compress to release the latch.
try a drop of mineral oil...may smooth things up. Can put a drop on the moving parts of the cylinder to aid turning too, It is prob. tight.

Only thing I have seen is that this will be the final version. Haven't seen anything about final run. I would bet there will be another run as soon as they need money! If it is the final run these are going to go up in price big time I would guess. In the short term they will anyways.

This is a direct quote from the Tomenosuke blog:

"This is it for the Tomenosuke Blaster PRO Retailer Edition, and there will be no further new or revised molds. In other words, this is the final form we arrived at."

That's a pretty ambiguous statement. It's leaves no doubt that there will not be any updated blaster in the future, but it does not exactly say there will not be anymore cast. From the tone of the blog though, I take it to mean that there will be no more made period. I am glad I got one just in case.

http://tenshu53.exblog.jp/19882924/

Last edited by a moderator:
I was reading the blog again yesterday and also noticed this snippet.

Hollywood Collectors Gallery has received more purchase requests than the size of the production run, but we have been told by Marushin Kogyo that they are busy producing their own products, and it would be difficult to increase production at this time. Consequently, sales for the assembled model in Japan this summer will be less than 50, and about 50 of the assembly kits will be sold in Japan and overseas.

Of coarse they had to add that "summer" part which again is not the most definitive way to say it. So does that mean there will be more after summer? lol. I guess we will find out eventually......

Asked Mune directly last week. His response:

"We are making more for the 4th quarter.
This ultimate edition is not limited."

I was reading the blog again yesterday and also noticed this snippet.

Hollywood Collectors Gallery has received more purchase requests than the size of the production run, but we have been told by Marushin Kogyo that they are busy producing their own products, and it would be difficult to increase production at this time. Consequently, sales for the assembled model in Japan this summer will be less than 50, and about 50 of the assembly kits will be sold in Japan and overseas.

Of coarse they had to add that "summer" part which again is not the most definitive way to say it. So does that mean there will be more after summer? lol. I guess we will find out eventually......

HCG got 50 Cinemaquette got some too. Speaking of , they have a banner saying they still have 5 available for preorder due to cancellations so if anyone wants to try .........Cinemaquette.nom,nom,nom

HCG got 50 Cinemaquette got some too. Speaking of , they have a banner saying they still have 5 available for preorder due to cancellations so if anyone wants to try .........Cinemaquette.nom,nom,nom

Just called them. No dice. That update on their site is from July. They said they are totally out. Which totally sucks..... Totally.....#*¥@!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back