Moebius.....The Tumbler

Hi Brad, The plastic sounds like it is a little brittle?
good to see Mobius making the instruction a little more detailed.

muzza

I picked mine up today at the LHS and I concur with what others have said. It is a great looking kit on the sprues. I am tempted to do it up as the Camoed one from the first film, although the body panels are going to make masking rather interesting given all its crazy angles. If I do it in black, the challenge will be to not make it look monotone, meaning LOTS of subtle weathering with black and dark gray shades, plus perhaps some clear tints for a blue black effect.

I dont know if its available in the uk yet, want the kit but am not in a big hurry to buy it as it will just sit ontop of the big pile I already have.
:)

For a long time I thought this kit might never happen. Mainly because it was announced years ago and had its release date pushed back multiple times. I thought for sure they'd get it out in time for DKR.

Treated myself to a Tumbler at the local shop, and scored a slew of lableless floquil jars for 25c each. Glad I dropped by.

So glad I bought the kit. It is not you usual car model; there is no whole body. Each panel of this thing is a separate part. Rubber tires are great, I never got the pod but I was afraid from the box art the front wheels would be too large, like the 1/50 hot wheels. Its not like that at all, very exact proportionally. It was totally worth the wait. Can't wait to dig in. I got out all my old stumpy brushes, it'll be dry-brush city.

Had a chance to see a real Tumbler in Philly last year. Look for some great reference in a build thread sometime in the near future. I recall hexagon mesh being used here and there. Probably should have grabbed some photo etch. Hey, any excuse to go back to he hobby shop.

Will acrylic paint stick to the tires on the tumbler? I want them to be a flatter finish so I can weather them...

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back