A Tale of Nine Balance Pipes - Journey COMPLETE!!

Having personally taken one apart completely, I now know how to tell within a better range of certainty whether its the right balance pipes or not. I'd need some photos and measurements of certain parts.
Aren't the BP's inside an outer connector? Thinking back years ago I had an incorrect part sent from Canada.

Aren't the BP's inside an outer connector? Thinking back years ago I had an incorrect part sent from Canada.

Sorta but not st the same time. They're nestled INTO the flame tubes and pretty hard to get out. You can't actually see them from the outside without taking off the couplers which are threaded on. It also have a retainer clip that needs to be broken off to access. It's all from redundant safeties so nothing came loose so everything is stupid hard to remove.

I am very happy to go down in rpf history as the finder of this thing BUT I should point out to those who have messaged me over the past 48 hours that I am financially very committed to other 'prop-jects' so thanks to those who have asked me about starting a group-buy but I am going to pass this over to those with more knowledge/funds/commitment than myself and simply sit back and watch you guys have all the fun & hassle with it. "Bon chance, mes amis"

Derwent3944.jpg

So far I count the following as being in line for a slice of the action, either as committed or showing interest;

NeoRutty
Odiwan72
Fusion
Marv
Juan7Fernandez
Veektohr
Newmagrathea
Cboath
Romans Empire
ScottJua
Russellsch
SofaKing01

That's a round dozen.
Seller will apparently take offers so you could probably get it for 4500
4500 divided by twelve is 375 each, plus a truck-freight and the use of somebody's garage while it's stripped..
It's pretty easy do-able with a little organisation, and not too huge a risk for one twelfth of the costs either.

Anyway, I understand that Marv has already tried to make contact with the seller (without reply yet) and so I think we should all let this first line of enquiry pan out - don't want to flood the seller with loads of interest or he may decide to put his price up or stop accepting offers (which he says he will at the moment).
Let's be patient and let Marv find out what's what before anyone else puts any pressure on the seller.

Derwent3944.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm DEF in! I'm really interested in the round "paper" covered screen shroud! :)

The more RPFers / lower the cost the better! Is someone taking lead on this?

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but if I could get even a male-converted-to-female balance pipe, I can contribute to the pool.

Let me once again stress calm and patience; the last thing anyone wants to have happen is to have the seller tipped off and have the asking price increased to an astronomical ask, which is what happened the last time. And that's even 'if' the engine has the correct pipes.

Marv already made contact? A group buy requires coordination. We need to start a group email and get a lead man for emails. This is how we got popped for more $$$ on the last one... :/

Last edited:
You mean, the people who asked him why it is so cheap and if it has the super rare correct balance pipes for the most famous SW lightsaber. had made a small mistake? :lol

@EDRaven99 yeah watch there be an obi movie, and some guy goes on a "making of " special and shows the world all the parts needed, like TFA did with the graflex...

You'll have just a grenade wind vain selling for $1300

Last edited:
Yeah, this is also why I made sure to get a real Steyr SL receiver for my PKD before the new Blade Runner comes out. I just didn't want to risk it blowing up more than it already has. Hard to put the cat back in the bag once it's out : /

PM'd you my info. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Marv!

yeah watch there be an obi movie, and some guy goes on a "making of " special and shows the world all the parts needed, like TFA did with the graflex...

You'll have just a grenade wind vain selling for $1300

Well ... my mom wrote to me in her book she left me that I should really start to stick up for myself ... so hence this rather perhaps unpleasant reply towards our member Marv :

As far as I'm concerned Marv owes me a grenade which he just personally snatched from under my nose for himself when I had asked him to assist me and had without reserve pointed to the online auction to him yet he declined while he claimed not to be able to 'bid' on my behalf at that time ... so I then turned to member intwenother for assisting me to bid on that UK bound grenade on my behalf ... who then found himself bidding against, yes you guessed it guys, Marv himself under a pseudoname ... so he's a Rogue One that Marv ... in my rpf-dictionary and without scruples ... so I'd say if that Derwent Engine is what we seek then Marv owes me a correct female balance pipe to my choosing ... and free of any charge :angry

Now please move along with the real wonderous discovery at hand ... thanks userd1402 :)

Chaim

Typed on my dad's laptop at my parents home ... thx dad :cheers

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back