My official Dredd build

rralstin

Posted some time ago about lawgiver build I was starting. I have been crafting away at the other parts of the suit, I have a few pics of the collar piece to start, Will take more pics of vest, pads, etc once I complete paint work on them. My collar concept started out as a foam door wreath core. here are a few pics, many more to come :D I just painted this piece out in the shed, looks like leather lol

0730131751.jpgdownsize.jpgdownsize_2.jpgdownsize_3.jpgdownsize_4.jpg

I bought a pair of those same boots! Haven't been able to remove the toe guards yet - screwheads are stripped. The back armor looks awesome!

Looking good.....except, if I may offer a suggestion,the collar might be too large....in diameter. I'm just judging (judging....get it?) by your hand. The actual collar would be a scant couple of inches wider,inside diameter, than the base of your neck. Any bigger and you will not like the look of it on your shoulders when finished. Dredd's helmet is about an inch smaller than the width of his collar. I don't mean to be picky, just trying to save you a do over. Sometimes we don't recognize why things don't look right till we've finished all the hard work. Now, if you have a neck the size of two bull elephants roped together, forget I said a word about it, ha, ha.:lol

hehe, I will take a look at the inner diameter, it looks really close, if anything I can cut the center out of the back and bring it in an inch or so... foam does wonders :)

Posted some time ago about lawgiver build I was starting. I have been crafting away at the other parts of the suit, I have a few pics of the collar piece to start, Will take more pics of vest, pads, etc once I complete paint work on them. My collar concept started out as a foam door wreath core. here are a few pics, many more to come :D I just painted this piece out in the shed, looks like leather lol

View attachment 214489View attachment 214490View attachment 214491View attachment 214492View attachment 214493

Would you mind please going into more detail about how you made this? Very interested.

That is a foam christmas wreath core. I shaved the top off as you can see, wrapped it in eva crafting foam using hot glue. Took a pen and went around the side making vertical grooves in the foam to make the lined look, then took sharp point and made the perforated top. Sealed the edges with more eva crafting foam and painted it black. It looks great but is unfortunately too stiff. I am starting over using a soft inner core so it is flexible. Going to try and make it look identical because it looks so damn good!

That is a foam christmas wreath core. I shaved the top off as you can see, wrapped it in eva crafting foam using hot glue. Took a pen and went around the side making vertical grooves in the foam to make the lined look, then took sharp point and made the perforated top. Sealed the edges with more eva crafting foam and painted it black. It looks great but is unfortunately too stiff. I am starting over using a soft inner core so it is flexible. Going to try and make it look identical because it looks so damn good!

That's awesome! Would love to see some finished pics when it's done!

So both the white material and the green material are craft foam? Interesting.

shoulders are done, also beginning padding the boots and will paint soon. Helmet is being modified to make it more rounded like screen version. VEST is nearly completed, few bits of sewing and hemming to do and its over with. GUN, GLOVES and BELT POUCHES/ACCESSORIES are all that are left. few more weeks to Halloween. I'm on it1006131726.jpgdownsize (4).jpgdownsize_2 (3).jpg

more belt pouches.. working on the ammo clips and clip containers. almost there... 1012132335.jpgdownsize (7).jpg yes toes are foam.. EVERYTHING is practically craft foam :lol o ya, here are the finished boots! 1013130000.jpgdownsize (8).jpg

Last edited:
Im going to miss my beard when I shave it off here in a week... lol but hey I must have the Dredd 5 o'clock shadow for the suit... its a beard itll come back lol.. Clip containers and breach mine pouch, breach mine is out in the garage coated in green, finished my WORKING flash grenade too :) need to make a video and post it later.. :) 1014130005.jpg1014130005a.jpg

dredd belt buckle ... :ninja 1014130036.jpg ahh what the heck here is the flash grenade :p
cant help myself, I'm excited all my work is almost done!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back