Bullets for Jayne Cobb's gun, "Boo?"

ahoudini

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
ruqenenu.jpg

Anyone ever make any of these?

I have bullets that fit Rich Coyle's two piece cylinder in the "Boo" I am finishing, but they are just hollow point replicas cast out of white metal. If I mod one to look like these, can someone cast up a set for me (I am thinking resin, pressure cast, as they have to be painted, either way). I suppose another option would be to use empty brass casings of the proper caliber for the cylinder and just cast the bullets (in white metal?) and glue them into the shell casings.

Any interest?

Am I reinventing the wheel and this was all solved long ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Not sure what size they actually are, but the metal base looks like cut down rimmed rifle cartridge. Like a 30-30 or 45-70.

I know they don't exist. or at least I don't think they do. but it's seems a bullet shaped like that would't travel well. I would think the scooped out parts would be fighting the rotation of the bullet. just an observation. sorry I am of no help.....

Those in your pic 1st post with the 'Augur' tips are not for Jaynes Lemat pistol, they are for his 'Grenade launcher' briefly seen being loaded in the scene where they pass the Reaver ship. They are 37mm type shells rather than bullets.

jgl2.JPG

You can see the actual type of bullets it uses in the pistol in the 'gun cleaning' scene.

Jayne1.jpg

SAS

Those in your pic 1st post with the 'Augur' tips are not for Jaynes Lemat pistol,
they are for his 'Grenade launcher' briefly seen being loaded in the scene where they pass the Reaver ship.

SAS

Yup, what he said.
I don't know of any Firefly collectors who have latched on to the grenade launcher/ flare gun,
so I imagine interest would be limited.

Mike
My Firefly/ Serenity Collection:
SerenityMovie.net :: View topic - Firefly/Serenity Weapons Collection

Mike

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back