3phase Red Jammer

3phase

Sr Member
OK I’m getting thru my build and was wondering if I can get some help. First I am missing a few parts but if I can not get them I am OK with it as I have had this kit for a while now and should have checked it when I first got it.

Also i am about to order the TEE strip so if any one in Australia has them for sale or needs anything from Plastruct let me know.

Also i would like to purchase the BF109 guns if someone has any and a R5 droid as i intend to leave the jammer dome section removable and have a droid section as well (if you know what i mean|)

The missing or incorrect parts are.

The blury part

9365100592_940e24ab22.jpg

Next part i was given 2 the same but 1 of them should have more to it on the end.
Here is my build

9362326403_5b3e0a5dc4.jpg

here is what it should look like from the instructions

9365101584_828afbb75e.jpg

the last one is the sealab part.

9362325943_a777b5f570.jpg

but this is what i have

9362326995_f221e47e9b.jpg

Hey 3phase,the part in your first picture is from Airfix 1/24 Hurricane.In the second picture,I also have 2 Kettenrad parts in my kit.One like your showing & one like in the instruction picture.As for the sealab part,I don't think that part was included in the kit.

Now show some build progress pictures.:lol

Dave

I thought the Sealab parts were supposed to be included? I think it was a running change I put in, but it's been a while so I forget the particulars. The Airfix part was from my stash, since it too wasn't in the bag of parts I received, but I do know that Mike cast them up for the kit run...

Thanks for the info guys but i dont think i will get the parts so might just go with what i got. Hopfully i can get the guns for not to much and i will try Rodmart for a R5.

If you have any luck with the guns mate, please let me know I would also like to get those

Sorry mate but im sure there from the Airfix or MPC 1/24 BF-109 and just looking on Ebay they are not cheap so i dont think i will be getting them any time soon.

Yes i seen those but i thought they are missing to much detail to use. They only seem to have the barrels and not the rest of the guns. I might be wrong tho.

Also a thing that myself and my dad noticed was that some parts in the instructions asking to be glued on were part of the main hull already so us thinking we were missing parts for some reason on ours had already been moulded on just something to keep in mind :)

Sorry mate but im sure there from the Airfix or MPC 1/24 BF-109 and just looking on Ebay they are not cheap so i dont think i will be getting them any time soon.

I have both the Airfix and MPC....exact same kit. So go for the cheaper offering IMO. I've been studying different scale vintage Airfix and MPC and comparing them to the newer Airfix offerings. I usually cannot find any difference in quality of detail as long as they are not re-tooled. The Saturn V had some die damage that can be seen on the more recent (1990's) kits and has been the only kit that I have personally noticed softness as compared to the vintage kit.

Need pics?

Joe

Yeah we figured it must have been a change for some reason or other, it was no big deal just some scratching heads and sighs of relief when we found it perfectly placed on the hull for us :) just thought I would mention it in case someone else was having issues finding some parts :)

Dang, really? Sometimes there are running changes to these projects....

Yeah we figured it must have been a change for some reason or other, it was no big deal just some scratching heads and sighs of relief when we found it perfectly placed on the hull for us :) just thought I would mention it in case someone else was having issues finding some parts :)

Yes i had that and i also had the part so its just a spare now. Will take a picture when i can

Ok back on this been a long time. Pic of trying to keep stuff down while the glue sets. I really need to get that wonder spray I have seen on Captain cardboards build video of his X-Wing where he glues a part then sprays it with something and sets the glue instantly. Kicker I think he called it.
One of my girls came out and seen the red hair band and said there for school dad I'm telling mum.

25-01-2016%20143_zpskjrow53q.jpg

yeah, i use ca accelerator made by bob smith industries.as soon as you spray it on the ca (or supaglue) it crystalizes and hardens.
produced in the u.s. but available from most good hobby shops here in oz.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back