EVA and Fiberglass? Do they work together?

Broadshore

God, I hope I am posting in the right place here...?

I got a question consist of EVA Foam and Fiberglass? Do you guys know that they can work together? Or well the Foam have issues with the Bonding of the Risen?

I'm working on the MOSPEADA Ride Armor from a old 80's Anime.

Also in process of making the Valkyrie Fight Suit. Going to Modernized it just a bit. Like the Chest O2 and G Compression piece.

Let me know if it can?

Uswin Wood.

You cannot put resin directly on foam. Basically the foam is going to act as a sponge and suck up most liquids that you put on it. To coat foam in anything you need to first put on a few coats of PVA glue. PVA is basically another term for most typical glues like white glue, wood glue, carpenters glue etc, and if you go out and buy some elmers you have your PVA. For foam projects it's necessary to coat things in PVA to give something for your next layers to bite into and stick to. PVA is water soluble so when it gets a bit moist it gets tacky which is great for things like resin and paint.

If you want to glass your foam pieces first coat them inside and out with 3-6 layers of diluted PVA. Mix the glue in a 1:1 ratio with water and brush on your coats. After that's done and dried you'll have a better surface for applying other things like resin. In other words: yeah you can glass foam pieces, I've done it and I know others have to around here

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back