Creed (Post-release)

Re: "Creed" a new Rocky movie in the works.

:lol Good luck with that! :lol

Sly is also doing now wait for it, The LAST Rambo film as well, tentively titled Rambo: Last Blood!

OY VEY!!!!! :lol

Let it go already, for godsakes. Rocky was a one-movie idea; the sequels stink. Come up with something new.

I think it looks pretty damn good actually. A nice extension of the franchise. Lots of potential for really meaningful connection between Rocky and Creed.

I liked the first third of the trailer, it lost me a little once the hip hop music started.

Outside of the hook of Balboa training Creed's son the rest of the script just writes itself. I didn't see anything in that trailer that looked surprising or original.

The problem I have with most boxing films (Rocky series especially) is that they don't really box. If you've seen any real boxing then Rocky's fights are painful to watch. The first Rocky film succeeded only because it was a great story. This film doesn't seem to have that.

It looks like the same kind of fighting in this movie. In the training montages it's apparent the actor didn't train enough to develop any muscle memory. I like my boxing movies to have some note of authenticity or else it's not a boxing movie but just a fancy drama. A bad boxing film is all about the fists. A better boxing film also looks at the feet.

Last edited:

Zero expectations coming into this - I wasn't even aware that a trailer for this film was being released today. That said, I liked the trailer quite a bit and am actually excited for the movies release. I liked the trailers vibe and feel, I enjoyed Rocky's introduction into the trailer and believe it or not, I enjoyed the mini-training montage and accompanying music. I'll be on line ...

I agree, I've watched this trailer over and over, almost as much the TFA trailer. I like it, it feels like it is comfortably fitting in the Rocky universe.

Looks great. I loved what they did with Rocky Balboa and this looks like a strong extension of it.

As for developing muscle memory as boxers... I'm certain they got as good at boxing and in as prime condition as they could in their short preparation for this relatively low budget film. Michael B Jordan is an actor - and a really good one. I'll take a great actor, fake boxer over a great boxer, fake actor in a film like this every time.

As for developing muscle memory as boxers... I'm certain they got as good at boxing and in as prime condition as they could in their short preparation for this relatively low budget film. Michael B Jordan is an actor - and a really good one. I'll take a great actor, fake boxer over a great boxer, fake actor in a film like this every time.
I don't think it's an issue with the budget or Jordan's acting ability. It's because they're not even trying for authenticity. The franchise is a boxing fantasy - just as Pearl Harbor was a fantasy about WW2 and The Fast and Furious was a fantasy about street racing. The fight choreography looks nothing like real boxing because they think it's more exciting to have two guys just trading power shots to the head.

I just happen to think authenticity is more interesting to watch. The training montage in Million Dollar Baby showed a lot more preparation and was great. I don't think their budget was much different.

Last edited:

I was hoping for a VH-1 "Behind the Music" version of the Scott Stapp story.

So we can't have the dukes of hazard. "Just the good OL boys, never meaning no harm". Because it's offensive...

But the new Rocky trailer has the N word in the theme music?

Can I go back to the 80's now?

PASS ON THIS.

I was hoping for a VH-1 "Behind the Music" version of the Scott Stapp story.

Last I heard about him, he's basically living in a van down by the river.

The emotional side of me says: that's horrible!!!

The musician side says: Where he belongs.

No offense but I was over his voice 20sec into the FIRST time I heard their first single...

Last I heard about him, he's basically living in a van down by the river.

I'd go see it if they had Creed fight Atom from "Real Steel" in the final battle, otherwise, no.

When I saw the title of this thread, it was the first time since before episode 1, that I was actually interested in a prequel.

Kind of a shame it's not. The Apollo story might have actually been worth watching.

So many people seem excited about this as the next Rocky movie, but it sure doesn't seem that way to me. Seems much more like a boxing movie that had no legs, so they tagged Rocky in to give it some sort of credit.

I get more of a "passing the torch" vibe. Stallone is just too damn old to carry a Rocky movie anymore, but these days Hollywood is all about the franchise. So they need a way to continue it, and get people in the seats based on the name without having to worry about starting something new.

That said, it looks not-horrible. I was pretty impressed with the last Rocky film, we'll have to see if this one can carry the same kind of vibe.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back