Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project. 15 June - eye lenses and shutters

Re: Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project. 20 Sept - Added large and small lower mask t

Which part specifically do you mean? Or do you mean the 'eyes' piece as a whole?

Re: Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project. 20 Sept - Added large and small lower mask t

Minor update. I temporarily placed the crown parts...
klbrev131.jpg

kbrev132.jpg

So that I could pin-point exactly where these go!
kbrev133.jpg

Which part specifically do you mean? Or do you mean the 'eyes' piece as a whole?

Indeed I meant the eyes mesh piece as a whole ;) ... what's the origin on the real movie prop?

Chaim

It is not a single found part. Just several parts placed on a piece of mesh with trim added around it. The two 'eyes' are medium format camera shutters.

Indeed I meant the eyes mesh piece as a whole ;) ... what's the origin on the real movie prop?

Chaim

Re: Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project. 28 Sept - Added short crown tubes

Thanks ... indeed I have two camera shutters here already ... just not that piece of mesh+trimmed wire ... carry on .. I'll be following closely upon your progress.

Chaim

Re: Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project. 28 Sept - Added short crown tubes

Kroenen asked how I got the raised circles on the crown. I used a compass cutter to etch the lines which as well as making grooves actually causes the plastic around them to stick up.
circle_cutter.jpg

Re: Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project. 05 Oct: Reshaping edges and fitting rails

A major overhaul today. This was how things lined up before. The upper mask edges were wider than the lower mask.
kbrev133-1.jpg

Here's the after. Now the lower mask edges are wider than the lower which is correct.
kbrev136.jpg

kbrev138.jpg

With the rails in place, the upper and lower masks lock together rigidly.
kbrev139.jpg

Re: Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project. 05 Oct: Reshaping edges and fitting rails

Very nice indeed ... my 2 mask parts don't connect good either as they are supposed to ... I just hope I don't have to alter to much though :wacko

Chaim

Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project. 07 Oct: Collar mockup and tube connectors

I did a quick mockup of the collar to get a feel for how all the pieces fit. The collar, split plugs and dental expanders are real while the aluminium parts and mesh are machined and photoetched.
kbrev140.jpg

kbrev141.jpg

kbrev142.jpg

I also made these today from three diameters of aluminium tubing. They just need to be painted grey with a red stripe.
kbrev143.jpg

kbrev144.jpg

kbrev145.jpg

Re: Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project. 07 Oct: Collar mockup and tube connectors

Login' this. Always good to see a reveal build up. I'm itching to get to mine.

Re: Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project. 08 Oct: Vocoder wires

Tackled these today
kbrev146.jpg

The lower mask fits my old Anakin bust (my old one was too small). Shame the upper mask doesn't fit though.
kbrev147.jpg

Last edited:

Eh ... Marcus ... you posted the same photograph twice . . . instead of what you wrote above the second picture?

Chaim

Ah..great Anakinbust...and he has the eyebrows like in the Originalversion of the movie.:):thumbsup

Re: Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project. 10 Oct: Center crown assembly

Worked on the assembly that sits right in the center of the crown. I added an inner 'skin' to the crown for the assembly to sit against.
kbrev149.jpg

kbrev150.jpg

kbrev151.jpg

Here's the original. There's actually a bit more going on in here so my set up is simplified but gives a similar look.
kbrev152.jpg

Here's how it looks with my prototype helmet liner. Final helmet liner will be machine cut from the correct foam.
kbrev153.jpg

May I ask where that Anakin bust is from? And would you happen to have any more pictures? It looks fantastic, puts the sideshow one to shame as far as likeness.

Talk about a "Six Million Dollar Man" project if I ever saw one! Your grit, determination and talent is paying off remarkably on this project, Marcus. It's fantastic watching this helmet not only being salvaged, but turned in a true work of art.

Re: Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project. 110 Oct: Brass discs

Thanks Jamie.

Vince, the Anakin bust is a recast of the old Illusive Concepts bust.

A little more work today. My brass disc surrounds were missing the bumps, which are most likely painted over blobs of solder (as suggsted by Gonk27) from whatever the original electronics part was. I added the blobs using Milluput and sculpted them into shape.
kbrev154.jpg

kbrev155.jpg

kbrev156.jpg

kbrev157.jpg

My brass discs are a little small so I had to carefully glue them centered. I can always upgrade later!
kbrev158.jpg

Re: Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project. 11 Oct: Brass discs

Beautiful work,
i never realized just how many different parts there are on a reveal.
mind boggling :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back