Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project. 15 June - eye lenses and shutters

Re: Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project. 15 Sept: Adding the grooves to the lower mas

WOW! i cant wait to see this competed.
your doing an incredible job. specially knwoing what you had to deal with from the beginning
its shaping up incredibly well. love what im seeing and what your doing.

Re: Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project. 15 Sept: Adding the grooves to the lower mas

New dynode holes.

kbrev99.jpg

kbrev100.jpg

kbrev101.jpg

In this picture you can see how thick the badly recast mask was in places, how much I had to dremel out for the dynoes to fit flush with the surface.
kbrev102.jpg

Re: Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project. 1 Sept - New dynode holes

Indeed ... and you made me check my DV Reveal mask for those vent holes positions too ... I'm not sure whether they are accurate :wacko ... looking forward to your progress before I even start on mine ... there's so much to learn :)

Chaim

Here's another update which I actually did a while ago but forgot to post. The original prop has metal rails along the underside of the face mask which slide into the grooves in the lower mask.
kbrev103.jpg

kbrev104.jpg

kbrev105.jpg

kbrev106.jpg

Metal rail temporarily taped in place shown fitting into the groove.
kbrev107.jpg

The plastic is too large for the crown (possibly due to shrinkage?) so I padded it out. The stump needed some more accurate reshaping anyway.

kbrev108.jpg

kbrev109.jpg

kbrev110.jpg

kbrev111.jpg

kbrev112.jpg

kbrev113.jpg

kbrev114.jpg

kvrev115.jpg

kbrev116.jpg

kbrev117.jpg

kbrev118.jpg

kbrev119.jpg

Re: Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project. 17 Sept - New crown and reshaped 'stump'

It looks like it's coming along nicely. Well done! :)

Re: Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project. 17 Sept - New crown and reshaped 'stump'

Nice progress ... I'll be following yours and Kroenen77 till the end before attempting touching up mine :wacko

Chaim

Impressive... MOST impressive!!!

Markus

Re: Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project. 20 Sept - Lower mask tubes.

Added the large and small lower mask tubes today. It's really starting to look like Vader now!

kbrev123.jpg

kbrev124.jpg

kbrev126.jpg

kbrev127.jpg

Nice and asymmetrical, just like the original!
kbrev125.jpg

Re: Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project. 20 Sept - Added large and small lower mask t

Decided to work on a different part today.
kbrev128.jpg

kbrev129.jpg

klbrev130.jpg

Re: Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project. 20 Sept - Added large and small lower mask t

What is the mesh part?

Looks great,Marcus!:):thumbsup

The eyemesh looks also very good in my eyes.I need this,too.;)

So did you have to form the wire part round it and then glue the mesh to this?

The black wire 'trim' has been sliced down one side, the core removed and slid over the edges of the mesh. It is glued on with superglue.

So did you have to form the wire part round it and then glue the mesh to this?

Does anyone know the origin of that part on the original mask ... or is what Marcus did here ... accurately replicated?

Chaim

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back