Odd prop idea...Castlevania related

J.Max

Anyone ever done the Vampire Killer whip? I'm thinking about doing one, but I'm not sure how to do it. I'm thinking maybe a normal whip with runes in the (wooden) handle. Anyone have any thoughts?

i did a few of them back in the day :)

i had someone here made a chainmail whip for the original NES styled big whip, made a cross/boomerang out of wood/paint, a "holy water" jar out of a glass jar and some lead from a stained glass shop.

the glass and boomerang broke in the move, but the whip is still in the display case. ill try to grab a pic later tonight.

chris

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hydin @ Jan 16 2007, 04:01 AM) [snapback]1398173[/snapback]</div>
i did a few of them back in the day :)

i had someone here made a chainmail whip for the original NES styled big whip, made a cross/boomerang out of wood/paint, a "holy water" jar out of a glass jar and some lead from a stained glass shop.

the glass and boomerang broke in the move, but the whip is still in the display case. ill try to grab a pic later tonight.

chris
[/b]

Cool. Thanks.

my buddy, i think his name is Lin-sitar-konair on here, (sorry bud, cant remember the spelling.) but anywho he has done a costume or 2...

Workin' out designs for a "Demon Hunter" whip for a video project I'm playing around with with a whip-maker buddy of mine now, (he did the whips for The Rundown" and a couple episodes of Andromeda and such.)

All Kangaroo, brass and silver. Will keep folks posted.

-Dan

I sort of envision it with a black wooden handle with runes on it, and a brown whip. Maybe paint the runes with UV sensitive paint...

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back