Updated Pics of Raw EMP Print: TDKR EMP Rifle and Sticky Bomb Gun 3D Print Build

bane2585

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ok well at one point everyone was trying to do this, but haven't seen much of it recently. I started "CADing" this and once I get it to where I feel it is pretty good, I will print it out. I attached a pic, although its not the best quality. I will add a few more when I get a chance. Id like some feed back to where I can improve. This is what I have so far, will post updates as I go. emp_rifle.png

UPDATE Started to work on the stick bomb gun as well. I am waiting for new ABS for my printer, so while I wait, i designed the sticky bomb gun. All pieces for the EMP are ready to print. The EMP gun is scaled to almost 24 inches, if someone has a more accurate length please let me know

sticky_bomb_gun.png

Last edited:
Re: TDKR EMP Rifle 3D Print Build

Hey there bane2585,

I would love to see what you come up with.

If you are interested in sharing your files, I would be willing to discuss it further ;-), pm me if interested.
I really liked this prop from TDKR.

Looking really good !!!

I would need a screen shot too even remember it. but it's a weapon so naturally I'm curious..looks cool so far

Batman used it to immobilize one of the henchmen's bikes, when Bane was escaping the Wall Street robbery.

Here are some updated pics and referrence pics.
Batman 3 Emp.jpg
emp 2.PNG
emp 3.PNG
emp 4.PNG
emp full.PNG
emp_rifle.png
emp1.jpg
empbats.jpg
empgun.jpg

Last edited:

Ahh. now I remember. getting old. brain going too... That's going to be cool. keep up the great work. and keep us updated.

Great to see another attempt to start this one - eager to see it gets completed. Will be watching this closely.

Re: Updated: TDKR EMP Rifle and Sticky Bomb Gun 3D Print Build

Update on first post, started working on Sticky Bomb gun as well. The EMP rifle is ready to print, just waiting on new ABS. Length of the EMP is 24" if anyone has better info, please let me know before I waste 30 hours printing this beast.

On the EMP gun is it hollow for electronics? It looks brilliant by the way!! I look forward to seeing the sticky bomb gun as well!!

Great job, I love these 2 props.

Can't wait to see them printed up.

This looks promising. My only comment is that I think the "barrel" is a little thin in proportion to its height if you compare it to your reference pics. It doesn't quite appear that you could fit two columns of charges in that barrel.

I always enjoy 3D print builds, so good luck with the print.

Thanks everyone. I have some updated pics of the printed stock and receiver. the barrel has been reconfigured, but in print now.

IMG_1584.JPG
IMG_1585.JPG

sorry for the crappy quality pics, but late night printing excitement got the better of me and i couldnt wait to get my camera, but better pics to come once i clean everything up.

This looks promising. My only comment is that I think the "barrel" is a little thin in proportion to its height if you compare it to your reference pics. It doesn't quite appear that you could fit two columns of charges in that barrel.

I always enjoy 3D print builds, so good luck with the print.

I agree ultron, the barrel is a bit thin, I reconfigured it to a little over 2 inches thick. I was trying to keep in ratio with the grip which is standard scaled from an M14.

More pics to come.

Awesome! wish wish wish I could do that stuff...

On the EMP gun is it hollow for electronics? It looks brilliant by the way!! I look forward to seeing the sticky bomb gun as well!!

It is hallow for electronics. The whole barrel was first designed hallow, but I redesigned a 2 inch deep cavity in the front for LEDs so the barrel is stronger. Once I have a strong shell we can talk about wiring this bad boy up.

Updated pics of the barrel and stock. Currently cleaning, patching, and getting ready to prime.

IMG_1587.JPG

IMG_1588.JPG

IMG_1589.JPG

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back