Death Star Turret part map and parts run

Wow, what a great project! Can't believe I missed this before.

Would really like to get in on this. Decisions, decisions...

Hi guys. I was just checking kit parts to the maps and noticed that...

31. Fujimi 1/76 Panther G

...looks more like a Bandai 1/24 Panther G part. But I can't find a part like that in the kit. And I don't have the Fujimi 1/76 Panther G on hand to compare it to. So it may be that, but I'm guessing not.

Can anyone confirm what kit that part is from?

Just figured out the mystery of part 31 and 204 which are at either end of a pipe along the left side. They're both misidentified on the parts maps. Both are right next to each other on the black sprue for interior parts on the Bandai 1/24 Jagdpanther! Ta-da!!!

By the way: I've got all the kits for these from which I cannibalized parts for the turret. If anyone needs spares for another SS build, let me know. I'm bound to have the parts sitting here waiting to be useful in another build.

Part 210 seems to be from the Tamiya 88. Also, a couple of star shaped parts seen glued to the big Fruehof (spelling?) part, on the right side bottom of the turret, seem to be from that kit too.

So hey, I got close! Kind of... LOL!

IMG_0665.JPGIMG_0668.JPGIMG_0667.JPGIMG_0666.JPG

Man I so hate photo storage sites ! Someone deletes there account or folder and poof its all gone. Good thing I always copy every photo I see when I see it. So there ninny ninny boo boo, LOL. ;)

JT, it is likely that the parts maps are no longer accessible, at least to any new users since the Studio\Scale Modelers forum site is "closed off" to new membership (I requested a membership over 6 months ago and never received a response.) It is even possible that the original 'caretaker', Jawsmodels, has "gone quite" and didn't have anyone to act as his back-up in case he could no longer support the administration of the site.

He hasn't had any activity here since June this year.

Regards, Robert

What does that have to do with Studio Scale Modeler's site? The pics posted in this thread were ones I used from Eric, or made.

I cleaned up my server a while back and I think those pics are unfortunately gone. Unless some one saved them?

Anyway, maybe these will help?

P5260017.jpgP5260018.jpgP5260019.jpgP5260021.jpg

Attachments

• P5260016.jpg
    P5260016.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 405

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back