Death Star Turret part map and parts run

Epic AND amazing (couldn't choose which word) thread. Going to need a parts set for this since my turret looks to be in production as we speak... hehe. Been waiting a long time to build one of these and suddenly this flurry of action is going to make it all possible. Words cannot express the joy, guys!

Going to have to add a diorama element to this... may have missed this in one of the threads, but has anyone ever figured out the scale (and don't say "studio" )?

Everything in ANH was /24. The hatch on the side is from a 1/24 model. The x tie fighter pilots were 1/24.

Epic AND amazing (couldn't choose which word) thread. Going to need a parts set for this since my turret looks to be in production as we speak... hehe. Been waiting a long time to build one of these and suddenly this flurry of action is going to make it all possible. Words cannot express the joy, guys!

Going to have to add a diorama element to this... may have missed this in one of the threads, but has anyone ever figured out the scale (and don't say "studio" )?

Holy cow, I didn't think about that... and the ladder rungs are from near-1/24th kits!

Death Star Trench diorama in studio scale?!

Last edited by a moderator:
jedi - I was hoping someone would say 1/24... :)

Since I saw the 1/24th (or so) ladder parts and few others, etc., the thought HAS crossed my mind a few times... Just sayin'... ;)

And since I'm just cleaning, sanding, fitting, repeating for the 100 or so surface parts on "that other" DS surface dio... might have to throw a few designs together for a ANH one... hmm.

Holy cow, I didn't think about that... and the ladder rungs are from near-1/24th kits!

Death Star Trench diorama in studio scale?!

It Could Work - Young Frankenstein - YouTube

Last edited:
What we really need is some of these Kevin. Look behind him to his left on top of the box. About 24-26 inches. Should be easy enough. Just carve up some foam and cast em up.

image.jpg

LOL, I'll be double checking the parts count, then we will offer them up for sale in the junkyard - I love it when a plan comes together!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back