Guardians of the Galaxy Movie Props

DFanatic

Some close up pictures of the movie props just surfaced. I haven't seen the movie but I can tell you guys I would like a copy of everything that's on that table. I wonder if eFx (is there anyone else that could take on the challenge?) will make these. That mask, blasters and daggers look phenomenal!

9337365270_4ef0099fe5_c.jpg

9334578511_e246ff2c11_c.jpg

I'm intrigued by the sphere.

Also by the fact the guards are wearing the Braniac symbol from the Superman/JLA/JLU series.

Chris

It's the Nova Corps logo.

Also, John C Reilly plays Rhomman Dey. In the comics, he was like the Abin Sur of the Nova Corps, crashing on Earth and recruiting Richard Rider, the 'Original' Nova.

Picture the Green Lantern Corps, only not allergic to bananas.

I love Star-Lord's mask. I like that they didn't stray too far away from the comic version. Yes I'll take the mask and a single gun, I'm not greedy.

If anyone has the same SOny Walkman as picture in that photo, if they could give me measurments of it in centimetres I could draw up plans for the pistols sat next to it! ;)

Do you even need that? You can see the two spool holes on the cassette, that's a standardised length, you can then extrapolate everything else from there. ;)

my name is Allen, ive been on the rpf fpr years....and i have a problem... haha

994533_153013134893383_1617263813_n.jpg

last night i started drawing up blue prints and ive been cleaning hem up this morning so this afternoon i can hack at some mdf,

that mask is next!

Making that gun is the first thing I thought about when I saw those images yesterday. My problem was correcting the perspective so I could trace the gun. I did the best I could, and started tracing it in illustrator. I'll put this out there though: if someone can correctly make the image flat, and get me the sizes based on the walkman (which I tried to do, but also didn't have much luck), I'll do high quality traces in illustrator and post them here for everyone.

Here's what I have so far, but since the correction is off, I think this entire image is off.
Screen Shot 2013-07-23 at 10.07.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2013-07-23 at 10.48.52 AM.png
Okay, so likeI said, I know this isn't right, because I can clearly tell there isn't enough space between the upper barrel and the lower barrel, but this is the trace I have so far. Anyone have thoughts, or advice on how to correct this drawings?

Looks pretty damn close, but it looks a little too stubby, I think if you lengthened the whole thing by about 3cm it would look even better.

I overlayed it on top of original photo from this post, and I think the lower barrel is off. I made it bigger than the top one, but it looks like they should be closer to the same size. I could try to fix it, but I'm going to wait a little while longer and see if anyone will end up posting flattened pictures. If not, I'll give it a go at doing it myself again with a different picture.
Screen Shot 2013-07-23 at 10.57.52 AM.png
As for the scale, whoever said further up the page to measure the distance between the holes on the cassette tape is absolutely right. That's what I did to try to get mine to the right size, but since my picture was off the entire size of my gun was off. If I have some more spare minutes at work I'll try to post an updated drawing of the gun some time today.

I overlayed it on top of original photo from this post, and I think the lower barrel is off. I made it bigger than the top one, but it looks like they should be closer to the same size. I could try to fix it, but I'm going to wait a little while longer and see if anyone will end up posting flattened pictures. If not, I'll give it a go at doing it myself again with a different picture.
View attachment 211587
As for the scale, whoever said further up the page to measure the distance between the holes on the cassette tape is absolutely right. That's what I did to try to get mine to the right size, but since my picture was off the entire size of my gun was off. If I have some more spare minutes at work I'll try to post an updated drawing of the gun some time today.

I think there is a certain amount of perspective shift involved in the picture as the gun is pointing slightly away from the viewer, which would make it look slightly stubbier than it actually is, the addition of 2-3 centimetres would correct that, but that's just my thoughts on it.
I'm not being critical over your efforts just trying to help out.
I will be drawing this up also and will post my plans when I've finished them.

I am really looking forward to the MCU films.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back