Flashpoint (The Flash Movie)

Re: Flash

So WB is following Marvel by releasing single hero movies that lead into a hero team movie (Justice League). It's a smart move and has worked for Marvel

Youre right, proof is in the pudding. I guess we will have to see because we all know what a hunk of crud Green Lantern was

The saddest part for me is, at one point, Ryan Reynolds would have been my first choice to play the Flash.

They better make GL/Flash a fun movie. Wonder if they'd use Jordan or Stewart as GL? John's always been too serious for my taste but having Hal and Barry in the same movie may be TOO comedic. But, I would definitely pay to see Hal and Barry in a bro-mance superhero movie :lol

By 2016 the public will have already seen fast superheroes (Fox's Quicksilver and Marvel's Pietro) on the big screen.
DC is tasked with doing it in an original way. Given Joss/Marvel's record I predict that their Pietro in A2 will be a tough act to follow.

By 2016 the public will have already seen fast superheroes (Fox's Quicksilver and Marvel's Pietro) on the big screen.
DC is tasked with doing it in an original way. Given Joss/Marvel's record I predict that their Pietro in A2 will be a tough act to follow.

You bring up an interesting point.....

A lot of the Marvel/DC characters are if not similar sometimes downright copies of each other,so just how are they gonna pull off maybe having two films with similar characters?

Never mind some DC characters are the same as each other...like Superman and Shazam being almost the same.

They (DC,Marvel) may wind up killing each other off a little here soon.

Re: The Flash (Movie)

I don't know this actor, never seen any of his movie so he might be good, he might be bad, but he sure is one weird looking dude. I actually though it was girl at first, with an abnormally large jaw... He's so different looking from his comic counterpart whereas Affleck is spot on, so is Cavill and Gado to some extend... Well gotta check Perks of being a wallflower now.

Ezra Miller (The Perks of Being a Wallflower) will star as The Flash. So this means DC movie universe and DC TV universe are going to remain separate.

Stupid move. They're shooting themselves in the foot on this one.

Arrow is one of the highest rated shows on television right now, and Flash could be on its way towards that same goal if things go well. By the time 2018 rolls around, people will see Stephen Amell as Arrow and Grant Gustin as Flash. To suddenly switch it up will not only confuse and upset fans, but it will be wasted effort to develop a new(-ish) backstory for several already established characters.

Yeah, also fans are just warming up to Grant Gustin as The Flash. I kinda feel bad that he won't star in the movie.

Yeah, also fans are just warming up to Grant Gustin as The Flash. I kinda feel bad that he won't star in the movie.

Well, there's a lot of time between now and then. Hopefully they'll realize the colossal wasted effort they're making.

Arrow is one of the highest rated shows on television right now...

Actually... it's not.... it might be one of the higher rated shows on the CW, but it came in last in it's time-slot last week out of all the major networks with a 1.0 rating in the 18-49 year-old demographic. As a comparison, Big Bang Theory had a 5.5 rating last week...

Actually... it's not.... it might be one of the higher rated shows on the CW, but it came in last in it's time-slot last week out of all the major networks with a 1.0 rating in the 18-49 year-old demographic. As a comparison, Big Bang Theory had a 5.5 rating last week...

I believe you. Arrow is huge with its fans, but its fan base is small when compared to the number of people watching TV at 8pm EST on a Wednesday. That said, it helps to have a source when you post stats like this, just so that you don't end up in a "my word vs. yours" argument.

As for this news: Ezra Miller is an okay actor, and considering this movie won't be released for another four years, he could very well fill out and grow into a good Barry Allen look-alike. I am going to reserve judgement though. A lot can happen in the four years until this movie is released.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back