Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Interesting soldiers. Not sure if government, radicals, or something else

Screen Shot 2015-07-11 at 7.50.05 PM.png

I have to say "meh" unfortunately, I'm just all Batmaned out at this point. It's disappointing to see Superman get such poor treatment in the sequel to what was a pretty good pretty good beginning for a new set of films. This is one I'll wait to se on BR, on the plus side Wonder Woman looked pretty bad-ass!

My impressions:
Ben could be the most compelling Batman ever.
I'm still not impressed with Cavill. He is a charisma vacuum.
Jesse is an awful Lex. There is nothing surprising in his performance which is completely lacking in gravity. He is the wrong kind of actor for this part. WTH were they thinking?
Gal looks surprisingly good in what they've shown. I want to see more.
The film over all looks great but it's 90% "hero shots." Which doesn't surprise me coming from Zach.
Still some eye-rolling dialogue in a film that is marinated in pathos. I wished the characters would just stop telling me repeatedly how important everything was.
Fighting is the model of CG excess - looks just as impressive and as soulless as MoS.

Take away - plot looks more interesting than I initially gave it credit for. The Batman story arc seems intriguing. My remaining concerns are reinforced with this trailer.

Last edited:
Batman totally killed a guy at 2:40. I didn't catch it myself until I went frame to frame, but it's def him killing a guy.

I'm not sure if that's even a real scene, could possibly be a dream sequence of a possible future, or at least maybe it isn't Bruce and Batman has inspired someone to stand up and fight against the Superman cult/army.

It looks like Batman/Bruce Wayne is fixing to start an all out war,also looks like they plan to do a by-the-book Frank Miller style film.

This could prove to be interesting,a mess maybe but interesting.

Aside from Lex I'm completely sold now. Maybe it will work, but so far he's just coming off as the same jerk he plays in every other movie which is not how I picture Luthor at all.

We have seen nothing major about the new lex luthor and still am optimistic that jesse will do great. Trailer looked great even if some scenes looked unfinished (cgi wise, but could just be me) Seeing more and more how they are setting it up on how this will eventually evolve into the justice league.

I wanted to get a point across that many of us don't think about, which is where we all came from. We started as children adoring these characters. For me, Batman and Superman were such key heroes during my childhood and it was a real treat to be able to enjoy so much of what was out there without my parents really ever worrying about my heroes in films being too much that I would have to wait til being a teenager to watch some of this stuff.

What I have really liked about what has been done in the Marvel films (for me, and please don't accuse of Marvel bias because I LOVE both sides) is that they seem to do a pretty good job touching a pretty broad age range fan base to where kids are getting something they love out of their heroes, while adults are getting some content they enjoy out of them, and keeping a good balance and awareness that LOTS of people of all ages love these heroes and are doing what they can to not single out anyone.

I definitely see some good stuff in this new trailer for Bats vs. Supes, but there's just a heart that is really lacking that I cannot connect with, especially Superman. And Batman I have no idea how that's going to go, but for right now I feel no connection to him just from lack of yet-to-be-seen character development of Affleck's Wayne/Batman role, which will have more of an opinion post-release.

Right now I still don't quite feel like I know Clark well, nor do I feel like I completely trust him the way I have seen Christopher Reeve. Those films are very old now, but one thing I have to credit to Reeve is man, you look at him and the way he just interacts with people, you just seem to know everything's going to be okay. Cavill's look has a real edge and thing about him that I don't think I would feel comfortable approaching him. Superman is supposed to be the epitome of hope.

Oh and Wonder Woman shouldn't even be in there as far as I'm concerned right now. She should have her own origin film first.

Affleck owned this trailer. Ben as Bruce Wayne has a gravitas that I've really never seen a Batman have onscreen previously.

It still seems like the filmmakers don't know what to do with Cavill - just about every aspect of his character seems inconsistent and almost like an afterthought (the Clark/Perry scene seemed to be an exception). This even goes as far as his look - I mean, what is up with Superman's hair?

A lot of this trailer seemed like the effects weren't finished... I hope that we get better looking CG. I can't believe some of the shots we saw were allowed to be released this way.

Maybe it was some of the unfinished(?) effect work, or maybe it's just that we're just not accustomed to seeing all of these characters together... but, a lot of this seemed like a fan film. This seemed especially true of the WW footage - I don't know why - Gal looked great, but her scenes seemed especially tacked on.

The whole idea of Gotham and Metropolis being so close just seems stupid to me. Each of them is supposed to be a huge, major city each akin to New York/Chicago. This really brings a whole lot of issues with either city and I wish they could've found a better way to go about this.

Can someone please pay for acting lessons for Eisenberg? Here he is a again playing the same darn character with the same darn inflection where he talks too quietly, too fast and almost seems to mumble. He might've been a great Luthor if he could talk properly and I wasn't thinking what's with Mark Zuckerberg's hair?

There's a lot to like about this trailer. This was so much better than the teaser we got...

Affleck and Irons alone might make this worthwhile.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back