Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Looks like Ronan's been spear diving the waters around Atlantis (the one that floats and flies)[emoji14]

Still think he looks awesome, though the hair should be lighter. Still digging it

Reel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally liked it the first time I saw it. I didn't want to see the cheesy orange and green. He looks like a warrior and not a joke like Aquaman in the comics can come off as at times. So he's not blonde. So what. I didn't expect him to be and that's a nit pick. If you complain about his hair and that's your main argument then I for one am good with it. I think the short blonde hair on him, even in that costume would have lessened his formidable warrior appearance just a bit. I like it. Can't wait to see what they have in store.

He looks pretty awesome. Might be about the only direction you can go to make Aquaman not lame.

I do think he's a one note actor, but at least it's a decent note. It's only one photo, but the initial impression it gives is that he's going to be playing the same character he always plays, but that could work. I'm going to go ahead and let go a small sigh of relief like I do every time a super hero is cast and they didnt go with some flavor of the month pretty boy. Just think: they could have tried to throw Justin Beiber or Timberlake at us bacause "hey, he's blonde, and kids like him!"

Besides...in MY world...he IS from Atlantis. Kinda wish that show would get a movie.

OK I guess I'll be one of the few to say I'm not impressed by that at all. There's nothing iconic about this and looks like it could be from 300 or Clash of the Titans or something. I would never have guessed that to be Aquaman.

Same here. I got the feeling I´m the only one on the whole world wide web who doesn´t like that look. Maybe it´s the nostalgia factor.

By that logic, you can't call Hugh Jackman Wolverine either, and you'd be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't think he's perfect in the role.
I accept your proposition but I don't understand your example. Wolverine was never a "clean cut" character by any stretch. Hugh wasn't that much of a departure (other than his height) from the character in appearance or behavior, no?

This Aquaman makeover is like changing from Paul Walker to Charles Manson.

Last edited:
You're right the Wolverine character/behavior is pretty much spot on in the movie in relation to the comic, but in this case, you can't judge the Aquaman character yet because we have no idea what they're doing with him in the DCMU. And as far as the Wolverine look, yes, there was a complete departure from the comic...he's a foot taller and doesn't wear yellow spandex and a ridiculous mask. The only thing that was the same was the claws. You can make a case for the way they did his hair up to look similar to the mask, but I don't think it counts. So I think my comparison is very valid if we're just judging by appearance alone, which is what your reaction to Aquaman seems like.

Last edited:
I think my opinion will be the opinion of the vast majority of the public, and my opinion is that Aquaman is an incredibly lame character, and anything Snyder can do to make him cooler is a step in the right direction, or at any rate can't possibly hurt. The WORST decision would've been to go with anything remotely resembling the original design, which looks like Fred from Scooby-Doo impersonating a pumpkin (while talking to fish). Not trying to troll, because I know how much these things matter to fans, but Snyder's gotta rope in a much broader audience, and the overwhelming feeling among non-DC diehards is that Aquaman sucks. This design actually makes him look like he's not a joke, and I dig it. Now let me put my flame-proof suit on... :p

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back