Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Ha... so confusing. I guess that's can be somewhat advantageous for movie makers.... they can borrow from pieces of every part of the DC Universe and if anyone questions it they can simply say it's "Earth-XX"...

To an extent, yeah. That said DC limits itself to only 52 universes, and Marvel has countless. Every single story in Marvel falls into some universe so it's all canon technically. DC periodically throws things out or resets the canon to make it less complicated, to varying degrees of success. I'm pretty sure that all the DC movies have been excluded from all the incarnations of the DC multiverse, so they likely won't say it's Earth-XX.

No. Frank Miller's Batman work (Year One, ASBaRtBW, DKR, DKSA) was part of Earth-31 in DC's multiverse, but after the latest continuity reboot (New 52) it may have been stricken from the DC Multiverse entirely. Year One was the only part of Miller's Batman work that was ever canon in the main continuity, and it's not even canon now in the New 52 version of Prime-Earth.
I'm glad you knew the answer to this, 'cuz I haven't really kept up with anything happening in the comic book world for at least a couple of decades now.

r2bin.jpgAnother wacky picture from Zack Snyder, Batman and R2.

That's not the impression I got, I imagine this scene takes place directly after MOS, with Bruce Wayne visiting the destroyed Wayne building in metropolis.

That isnt a gotham cop car.

I've always been a huge fan of the white eyes in the comics and have always hoped they would make it to the screen, but I have yet to see it done in a way i would like. In TDK and even Batman forever I did not like it at all. Having them as glowing lenses, IMHO just doesn't translate well to the big screen. It always ends up making Batman look bug-eyed to me, and seems to be a detraction rather than an enhancement.

It needs to be something more subtle. Maybe do it as contact lenses(or CGI) or something, just white eyes. Just erase the pupil, maybe like Storm when she uses her powers. I think this would give way to more emotion from the eyes instead of looking googly-eyed. Maybe have the actor squint a little. And no glow, just let the light be from fill light, giving it that subtle yet distinct look that would make villians do a little bit of a double-take. "Wait, did he not have any eyeballs? Did I just see what I thought I saw?"

The problem with the white lenses in the movies is that the movie cowls have very large eyeholes so that you can see the actor's expressions through his eyes. Contacts would look very phony and low budget.

The only way I see they can possibly do this is a route similar to the Arkham games, where the mask moves with Bruce's face... like it's his own face. The eye holes cover his eyelids so when the lenses come out, they're the size of his eyes, similar to but much more effective than contact lenses.

They can either CG the front part of the mask or use prosthetics to accomplish something like this.

Last edited:
There was never a game of chicken we all know batman v suoerman would have won the weekend box office.

And the bvs will be finished before so there was always a great chance they would move the dates.

There was never a game of chicken we all know batman v suoerman would have won the weekend box office.

You don't know what the movie would gross any more than those who thought Green Lantern would have been a critical and box office success. The icons blinked.

And the bvs will be finished before so there was always a great chance they would move the dates.
nah. It was chicken. DC lost.

Marvel originally held that date. It was DC that later announced it to coincide with CA3's date hoping they could get some kudos if Marvel moved. Marvel said, "meh."

In the end DC wisely decided to move their date because they have more at stake. i.e. if CA3 came in second place it doesn't really hurt Marvel - the universe is already durable in that a ho-hum showing won't kill the CA franchise much less the Avengers. On the other hand if BvS came second to CA3 that would be a tremendous blow to DC because BvS is supposed to be DC's answer to The Avengers. CA3 is just a sequel.
The smart move was to move the date and they did.

Dc didn't blink batman v superman is already being filmed capt3 isn't so we all know that warners would change the date. Didn't they b,ink or did they use there brain and move forward to make fans happy but also to open up with no other comic book

Look at box office for both batman and superman movies in last couple years. 1.7 billion captain America 2 films 1 billion. Put batman and superman together and we all know it will top anything captain America as. I would bet good money marvel puts in other avengers like hulk or ironman to try and compete with dc

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back