Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

I'm happy we are getting a batman that's been activte for a while I just hope the rumours are fake that he as retired and comes back.

I'm happy we are getting a batman that's been active for a while I just hope the rumors are fake that he as retired and comes back.
Agreed- I can see it now: if he's returning from retirement then alllllllll the average movie goers will assume that it's 'Bale Batman' due to the events of Dark Knight Rises, lol

Zach should practice restraint with his overcrank-undercrank-overcrank action shots.

Could you explain to me what that is? Is it the zoom in-out-back in thing? If it's what I'm thinking of, then I'd definitely agree... it gets tired quick. A lot of directors these days are like kids with a new "big" word... they over-use it, sometimes not even in the right context and more often to the point of being annoying.

Could you explain to me what that is? Is it the zoom in-out-back in thing? If it's what I'm thinking of, then I'd definitely agree... it gets tired quick. A lot of directors these days are like kids with a new "big" word... they over-use it, sometimes not even in the right context and more often to the point of being annoying.

It's the fast motion, sudden slow motion, back to normal routine. Like in some of the fights in Watchmen.

It's the fast motion, sudden slow motion, back to normal routine. Like in some of the fights in Watchmen.

Oh ok. I thought it was the distant view then sudden zoom in thing.
Yeah... that's starting to get kind of played out. I'd say the Matrix is probably the grand daddy of that, and it was awesome then. Watchmen's use of it was cool. Even 300 was. I kind of feel like it shouldn't be used with Superman since he's supposed to be superfast. I'd rather see blinding fast speed, like when Feora is putting the beatdown on a squad of soldiers or busting up Kal in iHop...

I just hope when we see Superman again he doesn't scream so much.

Granted.... Donner/Reeves Superman had his moments of agnst as well. So I guess in that regard there's some continuity.
I guess I can get it with Superman... all that power and he still can't save everyone and can't make everyone happy.

As long as Affleck Bats doesn't go all emo on us. I'll be happy not to have to listen to Bale's Eastwood-esque Bat-voice any more.

Agreed- I can see it now: if he's returning from retirement then alllllllll the average movie goers will assume that it's 'Bale Batman' due to the events of Dark Knight Rises, lol

PI said the same thing to several of my friends. And if they are having a retired batman to me they should have just gone with Bale then that would have made more sense. Well we have two Years till we find out

Anyone have a clear shot of the Batman picture that was there alongside the Wonder Woman and Superman ones? It's different from the one released a while back, looks like the same warehouse though lol.

Anyone have a clear shot of the Batman picture that was there alongside the Wonder Woman and Superman ones? It's different from the one released a while back, looks like the same warehouse though lol.

ive been wondering this too. it gives a good full frontal shot of the suit

Gadot looks pretty rad in the Wonder Woman costume. Her hair drapes her shoulders well. This gives the illusion of added volume to her shoulders. So you think her traps are bigger. Kind of like how Chris Himsworth's Thor had his cape set where it made his shoulders look wider.

The leather skirt is a nice touch; Feminine, but not sexualized.

The armor is not jointed for ab articulation. So I am curious if this armor is suppose to be metal or not. She would need to move for action scenes. So it may be created from a softer substance. If so it will be odd seeing her stand if knocked to the ground. Seeings what is suppose to be hard metal flex.

I don't think Gadot can act very well. That is why I think she is a bad choice for Wonder Woman.
I do feel this can be hidden easily.

Just like in Arnold Schwarzenegger's film Conan. Just have Wonder Woman hardly speak. Pose in cool stances, and do action scenes. Then when she drops one liners.

The big problem is since DC is wanting to make an expanded universe like Marvel. She will have to carry an entire film. Will fans really go see Gadot as Wonder Woman after BVS?

After the Avengers film everyone wanted Hulk to have a another film. That is after each films box office was on a decline. So if Wonder Woman can be presented as a awesome character who does cool things people will run to a film about her even if her acting is not great.

I don't think Gadot can act very well.

To be fair, her most prominent English speaking credits are three movies in the Fast & Furious franchise. Those movies are not exactly known for their great writing, and to judge Gal Gadot's acting ability based on that would be akin to judging Natalie Portman's acting ability based on her role in the Star Wars prequels.

They might be taking more from Miller's Dark Knight series than we initially thought. Bruce Wayne is 55 years old in Miller's story, so maybe Snyder has decided to approach Batman from that angle--he's been doing this for quite some time, he's starting to feel his age, and he's getting burned out.

Is the Frank Miller story considered DC Universe cannon.
This movie is following MoS. So Superman is still new to the hero thing and we're bringing in a seasoned Batman, right? That's a problem for me. In TDKR Batman and Superman knew eachother for a long time and I assume had worked together. I don't know if it was ever made clear whether the Justice League existed in that version. Either way... Superman is essentially a U.S. government pawn in that story (or at least in the animated movie... I never read the story so I'm just guessing their pretty close on that). The president sends Superman after Batman... it wasn't really a conscious choice. He was fine with Batman doing Batman until the president told him he needed to be put down.

So the continuity doesn't really exist for these characters between the Miller version and what people are speculating for the movie's story.

Is the Frank Miller story considered DC Universe cannon.

No. Frank Miller's Batman work (Year One, ASBaRtBW, DKR, DKSA) was part of Earth-31 in DC's multiverse, but after the latest continuity reboot (New 52) it may have been stricken from the DC Multiverse entirely. Year One was the only part of Miller's Batman work that was ever canon in the main continuity, and it's not even canon now in the New 52 version of Prime-Earth.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back