Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

I've heard that they are really really strict about phones on set for this, so I am sure I won't be able to get any pictures, but I'll be on set for this August 6-9 to film a scene and will try to report back anything I might be able to if you guys want.

I really like the cowl/cape!
I like the DKR dimensions, i love the texture, most of all i really dig the humanistic frown lines, crows feet and eyelids. It just makes Batman look kind of scary, like he was supposed to look. Not like some dude dressed up in leathers, bmx/ biker gear and a helmet.

Rich

The more I look at it, the BvS cowl reminds of the Begins cowl, just with smaller ears and a wider mouth. Similar lines in the forehead and eyes area.

ooooops. they've parted his hair on the wrong side..

Gbj6CRx.jpg

Again, no scalloped edges on the cape? What is up with these straight edge Batman capes? Although I prefer longer ears, I can deal with the shorter ones, but I cannot now or ever deal with a Batman cape that does not have the classic "bat" scallops. That is just wrong wrong wrong!!!

Again, no scalloped edges on the cape? What is up with these straight edge Batman capes? Although I prefer longer ears, I can deal with the shorter ones, but I cannot now or ever deal with a Batman cape that does not have the classic "bat" scallops. That is just wrong wrong wrong!!!

Maybe he develops the scallops on his cape through wear and tear and it eventually has a tattered, scalloped look at the end.

Maybe he develops the scallops on his cape through wear and tear and it eventually has a tattered, scalloped look at the end.
That would work thematically if it was a Batman origin film, but he's supposed to be a seasoned crime fighter in the beginning of this movie so I don't think that would have the same effect in the movie.

I was thinking the same with the scallops. Maybe this cape is only for closeup shots where you don't see the bottom. Superman has several and sometimes NO cape while filming. They may be doing the same with Batman.

I must say I was not impressed by Ben as their choice for Batman, like 95% of everyone else. But, just like Keaton, I am changing my mind very quickly

I really like it. Only thing I'm not keen on is it looks as if they've not blacked out around his eyes. IMO you have to have blacked out eyes, just looks wrong without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like it. Only thing I'm not keen on is it looks as if they've not blacked out around his eyes. IMO you have to have blacked out eyes, just looks wrong without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blacked out eyes always bothered me.

I always saw Batman as suiting up, getting the anger and adrenaline going, then going out to do his thing.
I never saw him sitting in a BTS theatre chair and doing his make up like a circus clown...there's also that bit in Batman Returns where he rips his rubber mask off... when it's on, there's make up, when it comes off, Look Ma!!!!! No make up!

It also means that after a nights crusading, he'd have to sit in that chair again with the actors cold-cream and wipes......i just don't see it.

Rich

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back