Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Would you guys prefer he be laughing uproariously with milk coming out his nose and a pair of clown shoes on?!

Relax man, this is the internet, we tend to make jokes.

Photography people often want the details of what was used--he could just be being a tech geek. Which is cool.

Nah dude, that was straight up an advert. I seriously doubt he would give any type of free publicity. Everything about the tweet and the preview tweet was a setup.

Last edited:
I'm encouraged by the relative lack of nit picking among the fan chatter I've been seeing. The logo is large, so was Frank Millers. It is supposed to draw fire right? I mean we've had over 20 years to draw overweight bat logo caricatures.

My personal desire was to see a cowl seamlessly integrated with the cape. Big boffo. I mean look at that thing, it's gorgeous. And the fins. LOOK AT THOSE FINS.

A clever idea, design the fabric to look like muscle fibers. This is the first batsuit I've seen that could realistically be mistaken for a creature. I was pretty sure they would do the Arkham Origins style suit since that's in the zeitgeist these days.

I'm pleased, I guess is what I'm getting at.

Every time I see this costume I think it looks better and get excited. Then I remember that Jesse Eisenberg is playing Luthor and I remember this is a sequel to Man of Steel and I get sad.

I like the suit. Yeah, much better than the MotoCross suits of the Nolan Batman. The new Tumbler, not sure of yet. I'm not calling it a Batmobile till I see the whole thing. The drapped shot of the rear was promissing. It looked long, low and sleek. But now seeing the cockpits canopy and all the flappy panels again, yeah....not so sure now. Definately based design wise on the Tumbler than any other Batmobile. Of course he will be able to, but how the heck is he supposed to get in that thing? I bet the whole top opens up all "Transformers" like. Hopefully the full reveal of the new Tumbler will be an eye pleaser.

I think it's a step in the right direction. I enjoyed Nolan's films for a lot of reasons, and the suits didn't bother me, but I'm ready for a new take on the character and a brooding, older, battered Batman could work really well on screen IMHO.

The Batsuit really highlights how important a belt is to breaking up a design--I hope Supes gets one, because I didn't care for the bobsled racer unitard look at all.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new suit..let's get started on a build thread!!!!

I can't wait to see the armored battle bat-suit like he wears during the fight with Supes...

sad_batman_biggest_loser.jpg

I wonder if this is an homage or just a coincidence?

Your link got broken, was it this image?
622x350.jpg

Personally, I think the similarity was intentional. The Keaton casting was heavily derided by fans and soon after Burton showed the first look of him in the suit with the Batmobile, everyone un-bunched their panties. We saw the same fan reaction with Affleck's casting, and here Snyder teases the first look in front of a new Batmobile (also in a black and white pic I might add), lo and behold 24 hours later there's less doubt about Batfleck, with concerns now more focused on Gadot, Eisenberg, and Snyder's directing talent.

Anyone else seeing a really creepy clown image on the left of that pic?

Lee

Now that you mention it.......

And it's kinda smart of them to have an older Batman as they can make films based before this one and have/introduce the bad guys like Joker,Penguin,Riddler and such down the road.

The Batsuit really highlights how important a belt is to breaking up a design--I hope Supes gets one, because I didn't care for the bobsled racer unitard look at all.

As long as he attached something to it. A cell phone holster. Maybe a Leatherman tool. Otherwise it's just flair. ;)

Hey, even Kal-El needs a fanny pack for his fruit snacks :lol

Agreed. Who doesn't like Fruit Snacks?
He should really carry some band-aids as well. For all he buildings he knocks down, not once does he stop to see if anyone got cut by falling glass, debris, rubble, Wayne Enterprise satellites, etc.

You guys missed the deleted scene where he reversed the spin of the Earth's axis, ergo, reversing the damage done to buildings.

I prefer to forget that ever happened, and it's one of the reasons I can't understand the Cult of Donner-purists that swear the original was flawless cinema.

He's a guy who let his own dad die to protect his own identity. And he killed the last Kryptonian who wanted to save his race. What would you expect?

Well, there is that. I supposed in terms of superheroism he's still in the crawl phase. Hopefully by SvB he'll have progressed right to the run phase.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back