Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Sorry - dude, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Ahhh touche. Nice come back with an explination you have there. You could have just not replied if you didnt have one. Dont think its me that doesnt know what hes on about......

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Concerning the title: "Superman/Batman: World's Finest". The story of TAS: I'd like to see, but that'll never happen, since Hollywood has proven time and again in the last decades, that they filed bankcrupcy on creativity. Reboots, Prequels and Retcons. Besides, I can't really imagine any current actress so far coming close to Dana Delany's sexy and intelligent Lois Lane. Amy Adams wasn't totally useless, but she lacked something I can't put my fingers on. Lookwise Bridget Regan comes close to TAS Lois.

Batman and Superman fighting each other is such a stupid idea. But I guess they'll take something out if New52 (hopefully they revert everything just in time, before the movie is into production).

Just the way the symbol is different and Zack almost diliberatly saying "our new batman" during his interview all but confirms the Nolanvers of Batman will be separate and we will have a new batman from the current MOS universe.

I too noticed the Bat symbol and would imagine that we are going to see a different character this time out as well.

Batman fighting Superman? Lame. Not interested. Batman and Superman teaming up? Less lame, but I question how well those attached to the project would pull off the split narrative focus.

Anyway, this gets a resounding "Meh" from me.

Not sure how anyone can claim Man of Steel was not a dark film. Clark letting his adoptive father die...? Not dark?

The tone of the film was undeniably dark - which made it very much a not very Superman-like film to me (and not comparing it to the Reeves films, but the overall character).

Trust isnt dark. It was a life lesson, an extreme life lesson at that but a lesson none the less.

We both have very different opinions on what dark is and to me MOS wasnt it.

Trust isnt dark. It was a life lesson, an extreme life lesson at that but a lesson none the less.

We both have very different opinions on what dark is and to me MOS wasnt it.
The whole movie is a dark portrayal of Superman. Letting Jonathon die, killing Zod... heck, even the Kryptonian's being bred for specific purposes and Zod having to continue his "birthright mission" is dark. Could go on and on...

You can state that you have a different opinion - you're entitled to that - but, I think you're in denial that Man of Steel was a dark movie.

The "darkness" of this film is what made it so very un-Superman-like to me; these moviemakers just didn't 'get' what Superman is all about. It rode the Nolan Batman trend (and "dark" does not equal more realistic or better) - rather than stay true to the character.

And I think that you have such misconstrued hatred for the movie that you keep clinging to "dark". See what people seem to forget is that this is never meant to be the superman that we all know from the last 75 years. And that where people are getting hung up on the bright blue boy scout stuff.

And I think that you have such misconstrued hatred for the movie that you keep clinging to "dark". See what people seem to forget is that this is never meant to be the superman that we all know from the last 75 years. And that where people are getting hung up on the bright blue boy scout stuff.
#1. Never said hate. Don't misconstrue my dislike for this interpretation of Superman as hate - that's just silly.

#2. Clinging to dark? Um, it is dark.

#3. "Never meant to be Superman." Then why make a Superman movie? I understand making changes to character, I understand modernizing, I get all that - but, this just isn't Superman - why call it Man of Steel, use Krypton and names like Clark - when they clearly don't get the character and it's ideals. I'm not "hung up on the bright blue boy scout stuff" - I like my Superman as Superman - not a Superman that filtered through Nolan's Batman movies... just because it was popular. Superman isn't necessarily even the blue boy scout you mentioned - but he is a hero and bold, this Superman was neither.

I said it about Nolan's Batman and I'll say it about Man of Steel: Darker does not mean "more realistic" or better.

JetBeetle never said anything about Bruce stabbing Clark/Sup with a screwdriver. He never brought kryptonite into the conversation.

The METAPHORE was as folows. Read it carefully. The thought of Batman over powering Superman is LIKE someone trying to STOP a moving SEMI-TRUCK with a SCREWDRIVER! Won't work!

Nowhere did he say, that bruce would stab Clark with one.

Then you jumped on about, "Well, if he was weakened with kryptonite..."

Just because a metaphore is not understood by an individual, does not make it invalid...

The responses thus far have been nothing less than the diatribal panderings of arm chair philosophy.

But I understand the emotional need to defend such movies. Here is an illustration. If a man is hungry, I mean STARVING!, and if to that starving man, someone, anyone offered him half-eaten left overs from McDonald's, he would gobble them up thankfully and proclaim it to be the best meal he's had in years!

So, maybe you've been starving for Superman so long, that you love the same movie that another demographic would toss in the rubbish bin.

Now, if a man is just beginning to feel the pangs of hunger, but is not at a point of starving yet, he would turn his nose up at the offer of half-eaten left overs and go find the meal he wants to eat and enjoy.

For me POS was half-eaten left overs. I'm in the mood for steak!

Before continuing. Comparing a screwdriver to kryptonite.... and saying its like saying taking candy from a baby makes no sense! There 2 completely different uses of metaphors!

Im not sure what both yours ideas of using a metaphor in context are. But a semi truck to describe super man and a screwdriver to describe kryptonite is NOT a correct use of a metaphor. As stabing a semi truck with a screw driver and stabbing supes with kryptonite are 2 of the most unrelated things I can think of. They arent being used in context.

But if it was a metaphor for arguments sake. The reason I didnt treat it as one was this...

The whole basis of jets argument was that if bats stabbed supes with a screwdriver. .. supes would just burn him. Now clearly everyone can see this argument it weightless. Kryptonite would stop supes ability to use his powers.

Therefore the reason I didnt treat it as a metaphor (asides from it wasnt the correct usage) was that the whole post would be invalid if it was....

J

Well, what you're saying may be true for a few individuals, but it sure as hell isn't why MOS made over 600M. I pretty sure people liked the movie for what they saw, not because they were "missing" superman on big screen... All this darkness you people see on this movie, I see it more as seriousness more than darkness. It's not the 80's anymore and it's not supposed to be a comedy movie neither, but I don't disagree that it's not a cheerful movie. It reflects how the world is now, i.e. not really funny...

Ahhh touche. Nice come back with an explination you have there. You could have just not replied if you didnt have one. Dont think its me that doesnt know what hes on about......

I'm not here to teach you - public schooling sounds like they did a wonderful job of that If you are unable to discern metaphors -- Look, I love a good debate, but this isn't even a good one- so I had a choice, play with you or play with my Hot Toys Keaton Batmobile I picked up at Con - easy choice.

JetBeetle never said anything about Bruce stabbing Clark/Sup with a screwdriver. He never brought kryptonite into the conversation.

The METAPHORE was as folows. Read it carefully. The thought of Batman over powering Superman is LIKE someone trying to STOP a moving SEMI-TRUCK with a SCREWDRIVER! Won't work!

Just because a metaphore is not understood by an individual, does not make it invalid...

The responses thus far have been nothing less than the diatribal panderings of arm chair philosophy.

But I understand the emotional need to defend such movies. Here is an illustration. If a man is hungry, I mean STARVING!, and if to that starving man, someone, anyone offered him half-eaten left overs from McDonald's, he would gobble them up thankfully and proclaim it to be the best meal he's had in years!

So, maybe you've been starving for Superman so long, that you love the same movie that another demographic would toss in the rubbish bin.

Now, if a man is just beginning to feel the pangs of hunger, but is not at a point of starving yet, he would turn his nose up at the offer of half-eaten left overs and go find the meal he wants to eat and enjoy.

Thank You.

Perhaps your missing it completley. The metaphor your talking about was said AFTER my post.... I said bruce wayne could stab superman with kryptonite.... then he replied talking about semi heading a man with a screwdriver. It was not a relevent metaphor. A screwdriver wouldnt scratch a truck. Kryptonite would severely wound supes.

I was NOT saying that he mentioned kryptonite! I DID! Wether or not the metaphor was relevent in a general sense. It was not in response to my post about bats stabbing supes with kryptonite im the back.....

I jumped over no wall. It was my initial post! Thats all I said! That if lex luther could stab him then so could bats. He said even after stabbing him several times supes would still win. So missed clearly what I was saying. As this wouldnt be the case...

Your posts have turned nothing but useless babble where you seem to be playing some sort of roulette with the order what your reading posts amd names.

So rather then TRYING to understamd the need to emotionally be attatched to movies. Which your also bad at as I didnt really give the movie more then a 5 or 6 out of 10. Supes also being my least favourite superhero. Never did I defend the film. Seriously. Calm down.... go take a read of MINE and his posts.... and realise the waffle youve been giving. Rather then thinking your a know it all about my feelings...

J

Well, what you're saying may be true for a few individuals, but it sure as hell isn't why MOS made over 600M. I pretty sure people liked the movie for what they saw, not because they were "missing" superman on big screen... All this darkness you people see on this movie, I see it more as seriousness more than darkness. It's not the 80's anymore and it's not supposed to be a comedy movie neither, but I don't disagree that it's not a cheerful movie. It reflects how the world is now, i.e. not really funny...

The world is still plenty funny - and movies like these are supposed to be fun. Superman, Star Trek, Iron Man, Star Wars - all that stuff is supposed to make you feel good - kid blocks, the blocks that build you as a child. Superman above all should be an uplifting experience - this wasn't. It was moody and bleak - That's fine for Batman who was modeled after Zorro and Dick Tracy - But Superman is Herculean - Perseus, ******, Moses - figures who when surrounded by darkness never let it touch them. Nolan and his crew simply have one kind of sauce - it worked on the first meal they prepared so they just dumped it on the second.

Still determined to make the rest of us hate Mos i see. For all who thought Mos was too dark you can Always bring a flashlight or use your Phone for those that are hip.

On about the actual topic im really curious who they are going to cast as Batman tho and what their gonna base him on.

Last edited:
Your posts have turned nothing but useless babble
J

Yours BEGAN as babble - just let it go dude. You were right, I was wrong - okay? Is that what you want to hear -- ? Well, that's not the case but just let it go.

Seriously. Calm down.... go take a read of MINE and his posts.... and realise the waffle youve been giving. Rather then thinking your a know it all about my feelings...

J

Two problems with this.

1. I do know it all

and

2. I'm not giving any attention to your feelings. (Either of them!) For the record, that was NOT a metaphore, just a funny!

Yours BEGAN as babble - just let it go dude. You were right, I was wrong - okay? Is that what you want to hear -- ? Well, that's not the case but just let it go.

Again jet your making statements with no example or explination.

An argument put fourth that the only feasable way batman could beat supes was with kryptonite..... which was usually the arc. Didnt batman have a kryptonite ring? That supes had to accept as his protection? Im a little rusty. But basically I was saying however unlikely. .. it COULD be done. And your refusal to believe it contradicted with your acceptance that lex luther could.
Hows that beginning with babble.

I love your last sentence. Its the bait that trolls love to use the most. And yes I bit. But the trolls will go fishin..

J

I would counter argue that a lot of them paid for the movie BEFORE they saw it.

Heck, I heard so much hype about how great the MicRib was that I finally went and had one. I paid for it up front and after I ate it, I realized that it was nothing more than compressed sinew and spleen!

Won't go back for another one, but they still got my money!

Edit:

This is it for me in this discussion as I remembered the words of a wise man who once said..."Arguing over the internet is like running in the special olympics. Even if you win, you still look ********!"

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back