Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

As long as they use the,"World's Finest" animated movie as a general template, this movie could potentially be an incredible success.

There are many who don't understand the incredible drama and strong themes that can and have been explored with these two characters together.

I have to laugh at the naive internet trolls that assume right away this will be a "V.S" movie and that the two characters don't belong together.
What those people don't realize is that the true drama and story lies in the Ying and yang principal of Superman and Batman.
Their story was perfectly told in "World's Finest" and that feature stands as proof how well these two iconic characters can be used in a joint feature.

If you read articles around the web you will see why folks think its a VS. Snyder said "Let's face it, it's beyond mythological to have Superman and our new Batman facing off, since they are the greatest superheroes in the world"

Superman Will Fight Batman in 'Man of Steel' Sequel | Movies News | Rolling Stone

Not my pony racing in this, but JetBeetle's comment about a screwdriver was clearly a metaphore!

If ANYONE knows that a piece of forged steel won't pierce the guy's skin, it's Paul!

So sad too. I heard the story that was pitched to WB for Superman about 3 years ago, as they were just starting to enter production for POS, I mean MOS and it would have been a far far better story than what we got.

Problem is, it was a perfect balance of cerebral with action and there was no city being decimated or neck snapping by Supe's. So...as much a people complain about the Michael Bay approach, they still want to see crap blow up!

The Superman we could have had may not have had as much KABOOM, but fans would have left the theatre satisfied!

..... When you didnt even understand what i had said. Kryptonite and a screwdriver are not the same. Its actually impossible to stab supes unless kryptonite is near so there was no reason to explain what would happen in said event as you did. I should have made it clearer. Especially after you didnt get the stabing in the back comment and I had to explain that I ment with kryptonite. Even though it happened 2 films ago by lex luther. Who I also mentioned in the same comment.

But if batman did manage to stab supes with a screwdriver.... for informative purposes. The actual ability to stab supes would meam he was weak for the blade to go in. Thus it would have the effect as it would to a human. Probably due to kryptonite being nearby.

J

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

You talk about this ying and yang stuff with the characters.....See that's why it's going to suck, they made superman dark..........That's why the movie did horrible, if they keep that tone in this one with him, this one is bound to do worse, idc who is playing batman, it won't work.

I apologise. I ment it to your initial comment. Or one of them. Where you were going on about it as though you have already decided its going to be bad. Some one else made a comment about you being bitter. So perhaps upset was the wrong word but clearly me and one other member thought it. Im guessing you though I ment upset with my comment. I actually thought you werent upset but trying to be a smarty pants. When you didnt even understand what i had said. Kryptonite and a screwdriver are not the same. Its actually impossible to stab supes unless kryptonite is near so there was no reason to explain what would happen in said event as you did. I should have made it clearer. Especially after you didnt get the stabing in the back comment and I had to explain that I ment with kryptonite. Even though it happened 2 films ago by lex luther. Who I also mentioned in the same comment.

But if batman did manage to stab supes with a screwdriver.... for informative purposes. The actual ability to stab supes would meam he was weak for the blade to go in. Thus it would have the effect as it would to a human. Probably due to kryptonite being nearby.

J

Superman is not a semi-truck either - It was simply a metaphor, like a hand smashing an egg or a stealing candy from a baby.

Let's hope they understand the context TDK was written and just not because it's a cool setup to have Batman beat up the Man of Steel.

Though I guess he might deserve that after what happened to Metropolis ...

You talk about this ying and yang stuff with the characters.....See that's why it's going to suck, they made superman dark..........That's why the movie did horrible, if they keep that tone in this one with him, this one is bound to do worse, idc who is playing batman, it won't work.
Let's not blow thing out of proportion, the movie did not horrible, and while this superman doesn't crack a joke and smile every 5 minutes, he's not "dark" per se neither... Let's wait to see how he interacts with human threats instead of kryptonian trained soldiers, but I'm willing to bet he will act way more like a boyscout, especially after how traumatised he looked after what he did to Zod. Even the cinematography shows it, for most of the TDK trilogy, batman is shown in the dark and the shadows, in MOS, you have these beautiful shots , among others, showing superman in the sun.
3420.gif

3419.gif

I don't see Bale floating majestically in the sun, just as I don't see cavill doing this sort of thing
2846.gif

Next Superman Movie Likely Called 'Batman vs. Superman' | /Film

"Speaking on a Superman anniversary panel the film’s writer, David Goyer, said he believes the film will not be called Man of Steel 2, or Batman and Superman, and certainly not The Dark Knight Returns"

Goyer: "We’re actually not sure whether the title is Superman vs. Batman or Batman vs. Superman but yes, it’s –- that rematch, that combination, the two guys onscreen and that’s happening."

From the article:

"One sure fire way to find out is look at which websites Warner Bros. may, or may not own. It seems they own both SupermanVsBatman.com and BatmanVsSuperman.com as well as BatmanVsSupermanMovie.com. They don’t, however, own SupermanVsBatmanMovie.com. That makes it seem pretty likely that the title of the Man of Steel sequel will be Batman vs. Superman."

Last edited:
I love those already going "Poo-Poo" on this, there IS good writing out there that could easily make this happen. Actually I agree with Frank Miller on this, Superman and Batman would NOT be best friends, they are too opposite in what they do. That said, Superman and Batman have fought in several comics, In a few it was established that Superman GAVE Batman the means to defeat him in case he ever went nuts and became a threat to the world. Here's a bit more on it.

Superman to battle Batman in*new movie - NBC News.com

Just the way the symbol is different and Zack almost diliberatly saying "our new batman" during his interview all but confirms the Nolanvers of Batman will be separate and we will have a new batman from the current MOS universe.

All the work has been done for them, it's called "World's Finest" which is the perfect title for the movie, no question. None of this "V.S" business, that's just juvenile and uninspired.

but worlds finest is who they become, not who they are at the point in time of the story.

Supes will still be a rookie, bats will probably be early in his career as well. Theres inherent misunderstanding. Just like in the comics the didnt just buddy up right away.

Snyder already said that Nolan's Bat has nothing to do with this universe Supes. All I was saying is it's not going to be a very good film if they do this dark Superman we got in the MOS just because of this Superman being the light and Batman being the dark thing together. Dark and dark will not work and will blow if they do it to this movie. That's your opinion about the MOS but I thought the story and they way it was shot was absolutely horrid.

The Superman character in MOS was not dark in the slightest. Not sure how anybody can claim any different with a straight face. The movie as a whole was kind of dark.

Not my pony racing in this, but JetBeetle's comment about a screwdriver was clearly a metaphore!

If ANYONE knows that a piece of forged steel won't pierce the guy's skin, it's Paul!

So sad too. I heard the story that was pitched to WB for Superman about 3 years ago, as they were just starting to enter production for POS, I mean MOS and it would have been a far far better story than what we got.

Problem is, it was a perfect balance of cerebral with action and there was no city being decimated or neck snapping by Supe's. So...as much a people complain about the Michael Bay approach, they still want to see crap blow up!

The Superman we could have had may not have had as much KABOOM, but fans would have left the theatre satisfied!

Superman is not a semi-truck either - It was simply a metaphor, like a hand smashing an egg or a stealing candy from a baby.

Before continuing. Comparing a screwdriver to kryptonite.... and saying its like saying taking candy from a baby makes no sense! There 2 completely different uses of metaphors!

Im not sure what both yours ideas of using a metaphor in context are. But a semi truck to describe super man and a screwdriver to describe kryptonite is NOT a correct use of a metaphor. As stabing a semi truck with a screw driver and stabbing supes with kryptonite are 2 of the most unrelated things I can think of. They arent being used in context.

But if it was a metaphor for arguments sake. The reason I didnt treat it as one was this...

The whole basis of jets argument was that if bats stabbed supes with a screwdriver. .. supes would just burn him. Now clearly everyone can see this argument it weightless. Kryptonite would stop supes ability to use his powers.

Therefore the reason I didnt treat it as a metaphor (asides from it wasnt the correct usage) was that the whole post would be invalid if it was....

J

When Superman appears and flies up a city street, the entire street, every person in every building stops, points and stares mouth agape at the wonder of his brightness.

He should be the furthest thing from dark.

"Look, up in the sky..."

Before continuing. Comparing a screwdriver to kryptonite.... and saying its like saying taking candy from a baby makes no sense! There 2 completely different uses of metaphors!

Im not sure what both yours ideas of using a metaphor in context are. But a semi truck to describe super man and a screwdriver to describe kryptonite is NOT a correct use of a metaphor. As stabing a semi truck with a screw driver and stabbing supes with kryptonite are 2 of the most unrelated things I can think of. They arent being used in context.

But if it was a metaphor for arguments sake. The reason I didnt treat it as one was this...

The whole basis of jets argument was that if bats stabbed supes with a screwdriver. .. supes would just burn him. Now clearly everyone can see this argument it weightless. Kryptonite would stop supes ability to use his powers.

Therefore the reason I didnt treat it as a metaphor (asides from it wasnt the correct usage) was that the whole post would be invalid if it was....

J

Sorry - dude, you have no idea what you are talking about.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back