Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Kevin and Ralph do this show weekly and they're good friends. I haven't listened to the whole episode yet but given that the show is full of ass, dick, and fart jokes and that they don't shy from disagreeing with each other I can't imagine Ralph was actually dropping a bunch of insults that he meant literally.

In a straight up fight, Superman has Bats hands down. And I agree that a story like that would be boring and pointless. I do want to see Superman be tested by batman in the intelligence department and become friends when they realize they have something they both need. One mind, one muscle. I hope they will still introduce a new villain that we have not seen so we have someone to challenge Superman and that batman would assist with using his detective skills and intelligence. Like someone said earlier, Metallo who was created by Lex or something of the sort.

A side note that just bothers me for some dumb reason. I really hope the title is something more then Superman vs. Batman. Kind of lame. IMO

When it comes to brain power, Superman isn't stupid - but, he's not up to Bats level.

Depends on what Superman you are talking about. In some versions Superman learns from Jor-El in the fortress - and you do know Jor-el was top scientist on a planet thousands of years more advanced than Earth -- Bruce Wayne's brain on Krypton would register just above avocado. There are comics where Supes built the fortress with his own to hands - along with the tech inside. .

Depends on what Superman you are talking about. In some versions Superman learns from Jor-El in the fortress - and you do know Jor-el was top scientist on a planet thousands of years more advanced than Earth -- Bruce Wayne's brain on Krypton would register just above avocado. There are comics where Supes built the fortress with his own to hands - along with the tech inside. .

I'm wondering how they are going to bring Jor-el back since Zod seemed to destroy his projection. Also curious to see what they do for both the fortress and the bat cave. I'm sorry but even tho I liked Nolans trilogy, the cave was sad.

I hope the Batcave has the giant penny in it.

Honestly - the greatest thing about this idea is Batman will already be established and no origin story. Yeah!

And it's funny, but I never pictured Superman as being super smart, from the cartoons and few comics I read, I was under the impression that he was a quick learner and used quick thinking often, but he wasn't a genius so to speak and certainly not the smartest of the JL. Honestly that makes him a bit boring to me, he already has super powers, no need to make him super smart too... That's why the duo works so well, Supes has the muscles and the higher moral while Bats has the mind and is not afraid to get his hands dirty.

This is more what I always thought as well. Hardly super-genius. One of the litmus tests for this was always when he would lose his powers... he couldn't fight worth a damn. He didn't learn any specific discipline of fighting like Batman. His brute force and strength always supplemented the need to know any real fight tactics. So when he lost his powers he would always get his ass handed to him in a regular hand-to-hand fight.

But then again... I was never a die-hard comic reader so I don't speak from any extensive knowledge.

Bats would just about anything shy of killing someone (although, Nolan's Batman had him killing cops and bystanders)

Did he? I know he was running over and blowing up everyone's cars with little regard for whether there were people in the line of fire, but when did he actually kill anyone?

Luthor's best chance would be to use his connections and money to get him in trouble, framing him if necessary, work his image in a bad light to turn the military and the people against him, destroy him without even touching one of his hair. There is nothing his strength or speed could do about that !

That's the part I always think it funny. So someone manages to turn the whole country against him? Ok... he's an alien. He's not bound to Earth or even the United States. I always hated that story arc... it's probably not a far stretch from reality for people to be so stupid, but should I be expected to believe people are that narrow minded that they'll forget the countless times the superhero has saved the city, state, country and planet and decide to turn their backs on him? This is someone who could essentially just decide he's going to rule us and there's not much we could do to stop him. But because of his upbringing and moral code he not only doesn't do that but he doesn't even leave. Why not just tell everyone in the US to go f themselves and fly on over to Russia and be the Red Son of Krypton? I would think people, especially the president, would have to take into account the fact that making the superhero that calls the US his home an outcast might push him in the direction of our enemies.

Well, I agree it's rather far fetch, but seeing how easily people hates on things they don't even know anything about, and given that this particular superman has no previous heroic acts to show his good faith and the fact that he's been raised in the US, as a true American, we could assume he's too much attached to the US to turn his back on them, I can see this scenario work in this incarnation of superman.
But I totally agree, if I had superpowers like that, tried to help my country only to be branded as a criminal, I'll just fly somewhere else where I'm more appreciated. But I'm not superman and this desire of protecting and being proud of my country is not part of my culture, not as strong as in the US at least.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back