Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Yep... He would need krytonite. :lol
If it was just an all out fist punch brawl with no "cheats" like krytonite, you have to admit Sup would crush him.

I recently read a pretty good piece in a debate over who would win:

Why Superman wins... Alot of people state that batman has kryptonite. 3 problems with kryptonite being the solution why batman wins.
1. Superman can fight through kryptonite and has proven before as he fights metallo who is a robot created by Lex Luthor that is made of kryptonite and Superman has defeated him before fighting through the kryptonite without his radiation suit proving he can fight through it.
2. Superman has fought batman before under the influence of kryptonite and batman got around 4 good punches before batman broke every bone in his hand proving that kryptonite still wont give batman any chance of winning as batman only has a kryptonite ring amount( this was the kryptonite used in the example i just used) and cannot get more unless he borrows from Lex Luthor which would make it an unfair fight as that would be considered outside help.
3. Superman has a radiation suit that prevents any influence of weakness from any amount of kryptonite making Superman resistant to one of batman's only ways of having a outcome of a win in a fair one on one fight.
Moving on... Batman may be a extremely smart and tactical, but Superman is smarter then anyone on the planet Earth. Lex Luthor is the smartest human on the Earth and Superman beats him on a regular basis and even has defeated Braniac, a alien who possesses all knowledge in the universe. This is off topic but could Batman even lay a finger on these villains? Back on topic, Superman has a brain that can process thought million times faster then the human brain, learn the amount of knowledge available in a library in minutes, super sight( Can see millions of miles from his location, and can see to an atomic level), Super hearing( hear millions of miles away) and can even see your soul. Superman has and most of the time figured out Batman's plan before it was even set to motion.
Another way people believe Batman can win is his gadgets. As they would be very impressive to human eyes, Superman has found many ways to upgrade them and even built many of his own gadgets that make batman's gadgets look like water guns. If Batman is allowed to use his gadgets( of course he's going to have to use them as it is one of his main perks), so is Superman and Superman's gadgets kill batman in one blast.
I promise that its almost over but stick through the rest of my reasons. Batman has never defeated Superman in canon as its a unfair fight of outside help with Batman and Superman even then beating batman to near death. Also, please don't trust Frank Miller's "Dark Knight Returns" as it is one of the worst examples and unfair situations and misrepresentation of Superman's character. Superman even holding back would break every bone in Batman's body( even when under the influence of Kryptonite) with one punch. Batman has even admitted that Superman would smash him into the cement if he wanted to.
Were almost at the end of how Superman beats Batman. Another way I am right is most of Superman's villains and even Batman himself depend on Superman holding back. If Superman goes 100%, theres no telling what he could do. The villain Darkseid had his ass handed to him when Superman had nothing to fear if he went full power. Superman also at full power has proven that his durability is beyond supernovas blowing up in his face and has taken over 15 supernovas at once blowing up in his face and Superman survived with no injury. So you're telling me that a human is gonna lay a mark or even a little scratch on Superman?
I have 2 last examples but I will combine both in this paragraph. 1. Even though Superman doesn't kill( actually if he has too if sees to big of a threat, he will kill the opponent), he still will fight back and severely disable his opponent to stop the fight. 2. Superman is so fast, he traveled from Earth to Pluto and back in under 1 minute in the New 52 comic. If I am right, that is over 100x faster then the speed of light. You have to also consider that Superman can just go to the sun to gain power basically giving Superman unlimited power.

I never read The Dark Knight Returns, but I did watch the DC Animated Universe movie and he has an amped up suit and then hits supes with a does of Kryptonite gas from one of Oliver Queen's arrows which pretty well knocks him down to a more manageable level, then proceeds to pummel him. Problem is Superman's limitation are not always consistent. Same with Batman... he has all this awesome tech for every scenario...

Batman is more of a strategist.. he's forced to rely on tactics and intellect because he simply doesn't have the brute force that Superman does. So he exploits the weaknesses of his superior opponents.

I agree. I don't like the cop out Batman using Kryptonite. Predictable and the only way Batman would stand any chance. IF they decided to use Kryptonite, where in this universe would it come from. Kal-el didn't fall from the sky in a meteor shower with kryptonite pieces of his home world. Just another thought.

That last example proves how inconsistent the limitations of his powers are. Pluto to Earth in 1 minute by straight flight? That's retarded. If he's doing that, he's faster than Flash. It also begs the question of why would he, in the past, use a spacecraft if he can cover that kind of distance in such a short period of time. Also... how much yellow sunlight makes it that far out into space?

I would argue whether it's cheating for Batman to use anything to help him in a fight... it's not exactly a level playing field. He's using what's at his disposal the same way Superman is using what's at his. But if it's cheating, then so be it.

I agree... even in TDKR Superman holds back pretty much the entire time because he doesn't want to kill someone he considers to be a friend. For all of the super villains that Superman has beaten with all of his powers, yes, it seems far fetched that Batman would last even a few seconds. Just his speed alone... if he's covering our solar system in 1 minute... how could Batman get one shot in on him?

I was just using one example of how he brought Superman down to his level. Not sure if TDKR is considered canon or a reliable source. It wasn't even set in the normal timeline...

It all boils down to how stupid comic books can be.

I agree. I don't like the cop out Batman using Kryptonite. Predictable and the only way Batman would stand any chance. IF they decided to use Kryptonite, where in this universe would it come from. Kal-el didn't fall from the sky in a meteor shower with kryptonite pieces of his home world. Just another thought.

Yeah, if they're going to be sticking with the Man of Steel movi universe, there is no kryptonite. Batman will have to weaken him with dirty polluted air like in the movie, right? ;)

whatever that was is laughable.

millions of miles?

he must be reading silver age superman which he could do anything.

too bad its not really like that.

but the one key part he got right was that supes would kick bats ass in a jiffy.

- - - Updated - - -

that doesnt mean it didnt show up after the fact. Supes warped here, the kryptonite would travel thru normal space to eventually arrive here which would put it after his arrival anyways. Also the point of kryptonite was that it was irradiated in space during its travel and thats why its lethal to him. not just because its part of the planet.

Remains of Zod's attack. From the world engine would be my best guess. Either material remains, or Luthor found/bought the remains of the world engine itself and found a way (retro-enginnering ?) to create rocks with the same effect Krypton's atmosphere had on Kal. That would mean infinite supply of it though, so a bit over the top maybe.

And it's funny, but I never pictured Superman as being super smart, from the cartoons and few comics I read, I was under the impression that he was a quick learner and used quick thinking often, but he wasn't a genius so to speak and certainly not the smartest of the JL. Honestly that makes him a bit boring to me, he already has super powers, no need to make him super smart too... That's why the duo works so well, Supes has the muscles and the higher moral while Bats has the mind and is not afraid to get his hands dirty.

I am not a comic book reader. Never was. My introduction to all of these characters have been through films going back to Superman The Movie and various short lived late 70's TV shows and a lot of cartoons. And reruns of Adam West Batman. What I don't understand with all of you comic book fans is why it seems your collective suspension of disbelief in regards to these films seems to be so compromised relative to other sic-fi/fantasy genre stuff. Because that is all this is.

Ben will make a great Batman, I won't play Robin: Matt Damon - The Times of India

"Damon and Ben Affleck go back a long way. They both wrote the screenplay for and acted in Good Will Hunting in 1997, which won them an Oscar for Best Screenplay. "Good Will Hunting is probably my favourite role, just because we wrote it, and it put both Ben and me on the map. That will also be the one role that's nearest and dearest to my heart.

Sixteen years later, he still has his buddy's back. While the studios' decision to sign Affleck on as Batman has brought on a meltdown on Twitter and prompted some overzealous fans to send 'Make it illegal for Ben Affleck to play Batman' petitions to the White House, Damon thinks the actor will be "terrific" in the role. "I think it will be great. It will be terrific. I know there are a lot of people grousing on the internet. I just think it's kind of funny. You know, he's not playing King Lear. It's Batman! Certainly within his skill set. If anybody saw Argo or The Town, and all the work he's been doing lately, it's way more nuanced and interesting and way more difficult than Batman! Batman just sits there with his cowl over his head and whispers in a kinda gruff voice at people. Bruce Wayne is the more challenging part of the role, and Ben will be great at that.

But as perfect - and obvious - as it would be for Damon to then play Robin to Ben's Batman, the actor laughs it off. "I am a little older than Ben. I never saw Robin as older than Batman. Somebody sent me a picture actually (of his face photoshopped on Robin's body and Ben's on Batman's). It was really funny. But it's safe to say I won't be Robin."

Supes HAS to be in danger at some point. In my opinion a perfect indestructible superhero is a boring one. Realistic or not....
Theres only certain options... kryptonite being the prime one. And without doing what they did in MOS.... not many others..

J

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

And it's funny, but I never pictured Superman as being super smart, from the cartoons and few comics I read, I was under the impression that he was a quick learner and used quick thinking often, but he wasn't a genius so to speak and certainly not the smartest of the JL. Honestly that makes him a bit boring to me, he already has super powers, no need to make him super smart too... That's why the duo works so well, Supes has the muscles and the higher moral while Bats has the mind and is not afraid to get his hands dirty.
When it comes to brain power, Superman isn't stupid - but, he's not up to Bats level. The old Superman had a strict moral code... this new one seems a bit looser with that. Bats would just about anything shy of killing someone (although, Nolan's Batman had him killing cops and bystanders).

Remember 300? Leonidas' army of 300 took on an army of 100,000 (?) and held their own until they were betrayed. But... well, ya know... that's unrealistic. :lol

Re: The Next Batman

All that i havet to say is scott adkins i just watched a short clip from his movie him being a russian fighter the name i dont rember but his veriocity and darkness really looks well for the part of batman end of story

People keep saying ... ' in a straight up punch up' stop..... just stop it. A straight up punch up isnt what has happened. Nor will it. And superman would not punch batman. As it would kill him. So its irrelevant and against his morale. Try to keep it to what would happen. Not situations that wont happen.

Also... people need to keep in mind that all story arcs arent the same.... superman lifts an island of kryptonite in returns. Yet a necklace with a piece of it on stops hip from being able to swim in the reeve films.

It seems batman fans are saying thats its possible. Not necessarily likley that he could beat supes. And using examples. Which is true. It is POSSIBLE. regardless weather you want it to be. But most supes fans are saying its IMPOSSIBLE. Which is an opinion. But not correct. However unlikley.

J

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

When it comes to brain power, Superman isn't stupid - but, he's not up to Bats level.
Thanks, that's what I thought.

Why assume Superman has to be in physical danger ? Luthor's best chance would be to use his connections and money to get him in trouble, framing him if necessary, work his image in a bad light to turn the military and the people against him, destroy him without even touching one of his hair. There is nothing his strength or speed could do about that ! Then have Batman investigate the situation, confront superman, have them briefly fight ala World's finest, find that Clark is actually trying to do good then take down Luthor. Although would make it more of a detective movie, thriller style than an action movie, but I'm sure they can throw some action in it by having Luthor trying to get rid of the Bat anyway he can.

All that i havet to say is scott adkins i just watched a short clip from his movie him being a russian fighter the name i dont rember but his veriocity and darkness really looks well for the part of batman end of story

That would be undisputed 2/3 as Yuri Boyka. and y hes got great moves but then thats about it. The ability to do a flying kick does not make one Batman :p

In my opinion a perfect indestructible superhero is a boring one. Realistic or not.... Theres only certain options... kryptonite being the prime one

I wouldnt actually mind the introduction of kryptonite combined with metallo whos created by luthor.

Dude you are killing me. :lol
Please try to use capital letters, but if you can't... At least use periods and commas. :lol

Kevin Smith says Ben Affleck loves Batman, built a Batcave in his house (audio) - Batman News
It's good to know how much of a Batman fan Affleck really is. And the whole audio bit from Kevin Smith regarding Affleck is worth a listen.

Whoever the guy is that's hosting the discussion is a d**k. It's one thing to have a problem with the casting, but to pile on insult after insult onto Ben Affleck and YOUR GUEST himself is childish and unprofessional. If I wasn't interested in Kevin Smith's opinion, I would have stopped listening as soon as I started.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back