Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

I think Ben will be fine as Bats. What I am more concerned about is the suit. I would LOVE is they would go with the grey/black color scheme. I could even take a rubber armor suit, so long as it is not all black.

When we are talking about Batman actors...

I would like to see an adaptation of Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns starring Richard Burgi.

If there is any actor who had the right look of Batman, that I perceive him from the comic books, it was him. I think it is bad that he wasn't considered before. Now he is getting a bit old ... into the perfect age for the 55-year old Bruce Wayne of The Dark Knight Returns. From all that we have seen of Richard Burgi throughout the years, I am certain that he could pull off that role awesomely.

I don't want to see a Batman who beat the crap out of supes tho. It's not realistic to me. Yes I understand none of it's real but to me having a human, regardless how smart or cunning beat superman physically hurts superman's image a great deal. I don't mind them taking notes from TDK Returns but I don't want them to copy.

I don't want to see a Batman who beat the crap out of supes tho. It's not realistic to me. Yes I understand none of it's real but to me having a human, regardless how smart or cunning beat superman physically hurts superman's image a great deal. I don't mind them taking notes from TDK Returns but I don't want them to copy.
Comic. Book. Movie.

Alien.

Man dressing as a bat.

Heat vision.

Flying.

All so very realistic. :rolleyes

Yup, a genius with nearly unlimited access to all kinds of weaponizable toys can't, cough, "beat the crap out of" someone who's super powers. :facepalm

There's a story about a boy named David and Goliath. Perhaps you've heard of it? Everyone expects Superman to win, which is why Batman can and usually does.

Comic. Book. Movie.

Alien.

Man dressing as a bat.

Heat vision.

Flying.

All so very realistic. :rolleyes

Yup, a genius with nearly unlimited access to all kinds of weaponizable toys can't, cough, "beat the crap out of" someone who's super powers. :facepalm

There's a story about a boy named David and Goliath. Perhaps you've heard of it? Everyone expects Superman to win, which is why Batman can and usually does.

Pretty sure if you read what I wrote I did say, I stated I understand none of it's real. Don't think we need to go round and round about this argument again. Realistic, not real, etc. And yes, I know the story. Not brain dead.

Pretty sure if you read what I wrote I did say, I stated I understand none of it's real. Don't think we need to go round and round about this argument again. Realistic, not real, etc. And yes, I know the story. Not brain dead.
I'm not sure if you're trying to provoke something or just feigning something - but you're asking for "realistic" from thing's that are simply impossible. Then you're taking the most basic tenant of the Superman/Batman relationship - that Batman can beat Superman (ie, David vs. Goliath) and saying it's not realistic enough for you. (Emphasis on the 'can' - not saying Bats gets Supes every single time).

That's what makes Batman, Batman and another reason why Superman is grounded.

Your logic is circular - you accept a flying Alien with heat vision and man who dresses as a bat - but, you can't accept that Batman can beat Superman. Get a grip, man.

I'm not sure if you're trying to provoke something or just feigning something - but you're asking for "realistic" from thing's that are simply impossible. Then you're taking the most basic tenant of the Superman/Batman relationship - that Batman can beat Superman (ie, David vs. Goliath) and saying it's not realistic enough for you. (Emphasis on the 'can' - not saying Bats gets Supes every single time).

That's what makes Batman, Batman and another reason why Superman is grounded.

Your logic is circular - you accept a flying Alien with heat vision and man who dresses as a bat - but, you can't accept that Batman can beat Superman. Get a grip, man.

Wow bud. Wasn't provoking anything. Was simply stating my views and what I didn't want to see. Simmer on the Monster drinks my friend.

I agree. Superman has superhuman strength. Batman is a mortal man, who know fighting and has cool gadgets... But he doesn't have superhuman strength.
The hardest he could punch really couldn't affect Sup... And yes, he has "toys" and billions to develop new gadgets... But short of a gun that shoots krytonite... Do you really think Batman could hurt him? Knock him down maybe, but Sup would crush his bones if he wanted too.

I like how the fan made trailer was made but it also didn't have him talking in it.

Here's my beef with it and with the news of Bryan Cranston being casted as Lex.....

I actually like Ben as an actor I really do. Thought he was awesome in the Town and Argo. I liked him in the little bit of Smokin' Aces, hell I even really like Reindeer Games and Pearl Harbor,...same with Changing Lanes. But my problem with it is he already did Daredevil and really sucked at it. I mean sure the script was horrible but so was his acting, and actually seeing him wear a mask,...I wasn't really buying it. Sure I'll give him a chance but I just don't see it

My beef with Cranston being cast isn't as bad plus he does look like how Lex would be when he's older imo but I think he's too established now. The same reason why Obi Wan in the prequels to me was the funny druggie from Trainspotting.

But at the end of the day, the movie will get my money, hell possibly even twice.

I agree. Superman has superhuman strength. Batman is a mortal man, who know fighting and has cool gadgets... But he doesn't have superhuman strength.
The hardest he could punch really couldn't affect Sup... And yes, he has "toys" and billions to develop new gadgets... But short of a gun that shoots krytonite... Do you really think Batman could hurt him? Knock him down maybe, but Sup would crush his bones if he wanted too.

I never read The Dark Knight Returns, but I did watch the DC Animated Universe movie and he has an amped up suit and then hits supes with a does of Kryptonite gas from one of Oliver Queen's arrows which pretty well knocks him down to a more manageable level, then proceeds to pummel him. Problem is Superman's limitation are not always consistent. Same with Batman... he has all this awesome tech for every scenario...

Batman is more of a strategist.. he's forced to rely on tactics and intellect because he simply doesn't have the brute force that Superman does. So he exploits the weaknesses of his superior opponents.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back