Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Seriously, this is about a Superman sequel. We are ALL talking about the new Batman, Batmobile, etc... Yes, including myself. I had to stop and think. IT'S A MOS sequel. Why the Frak are we dwelling on Batman? Superman was never allowed to develop his character. We are basically going to a Superman movie to critique the new Batman. Something wrong here.

Reel

Strongly disagree. Just cos its a sequel to MoS doesn't mean people shouldnt get caught up on characters other then superman. Batman will be a part of the film. A major one at that probably. Would you say the same about discussing a lex luther casting...? The new batman is news.... about the movie in the thread title..... so id say its all relevant ... infact id say its just as relevant as discussing supes.

J

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Strongly disagree. Just cos its a sequel to MoS doesn't mean people shouldnt get caught up on characters other then superman. Batman will be a part of the film. A major one at that probably. Would you say the same about discussing a lex luther casting...? The new batman is news.... about the movie in the thread title..... so id say its all relevant ... infact id say its just as relevant as discussing supes.

J

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I'm not saying anything again about this.

Reel

The official announcement announcing Superman/Batman:

On the heels of the worldwide success of "Man of Steel," director Zack Snyder is bringing together the two greatest Super Heroes of all time—Batman and Superman—for the first time on the big screen. The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures.

The current hit, "Man of Steel," has taken in more than $630 million at the worldwide box office to date, and climbing. Along with its star, Henry Cavill, the upcoming film brings back Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane. The new Batman has yet to be cast.

Snyder is co-writing the story with David S. Goyer, who will then pen the screenplay. Production is expected to begin in 2014, with an anticipated release date in Summer 2015.

Silverman stated, "Zack Snyder is an incredibly talented filmmaker, but beyond that, he's a fan first and he utterly gets this genre. We could not think of anyone better suited to the task of bringing these iconic Super Heroes to the screen in his own way." Kroll added, "We are thrilled to be back in business with Zack and his team on this next movie. The success of ‘Man of Steel' is a wonderful testament to the love and support that both fans and new audiences, worldwide, have for these characters. We are very excited to see what Zack has in store for all of us."

Diane Nelson, President, DC Entertainment, noted, "Superman and Batman together on the big screen is a dream come true for DC fans everywhere. All of us at DC Entertainment could not be more excited for Zack's continuing vision for the DC Universe."

Zack Snyder, who made a surprise appearance at Comic-Con today, breaking the news to audiences there, later said, "I'm so excited to begin working again with Henry Cavill in the world we created, and I can't wait to expand the DC Universe in this next chapter. Let's face it, it's beyond mythological to have Superman and our new Batman facing off, since they are the greatest Super Heroes in the world."

The new film brings back Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder as producers. This time, Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas are serving as executive producers, along with Benjamin Melniker and Michael E. Uslan.

Thomas offered, "Whilst our ‘Dark Knight' trilogy is complete, we have every confidence that Zack's fresh interpretation will take the character in a new and exciting direction. His vision for Superman opened the door to a whole new universe and we can't wait to see what Zack does with these characters."

The film is based on Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster, and Batman characters created by Bob Kane, published by DC Entertainment.
Does not saying anything about this movie being a sequel to Man of Steel. To me, it's like saying Avengers is a sequel to Iron Man... same universe, same character(s) but not the same movie series.

Billy Zane already played lex luthor, only his name in the movie was Cal Hockley. I would love to see him in the roll for that reason alone.

I'm pretty stoked with the Cranston casting.
He hasn't been cast. He was asked by an interviewer if he would play lex and he basically said yes. Whether or not he's been approached by WB is anyone's guess.

MOS 2 should have been Cavill's own Superman movie!! No Batman. WB is rushing this and it's gonna bust.

An actor that has as much on his plate as Affleck doesn't just go in for an audition, get offered the part right away, and make the deal on the spot. He and WB have been negotiating since before MOS even came out. Which means they've known what they were going to be doing with the franchise before MOS came out. What their motivations are, whether creative or monetary, is up in the air. Either way, as someone who loved MOS, I have faith in what Snyder and WB have planned.

Why even bring it back up if you're not going to say anything?

Last edited:
He hasn't been cast. He was asked by an interviewer if he would play lex and he basically said yes. Whether or not he's been approached by WB is anyone's guess.
An actor that has as much on his plate as Affleck doesn't just go in for an audition, get offered the part right away, and make the deal on the spot. He and WB have been negotiating since before MOS even came out. Which means they've known what they were going to be doing with the franchise before MOS came out. What their motivations are, whether creative or monetary, is up in the air. Either way, as someone who loved MOS, I have faith in what Snyder and WB have planned.
While Cranston obviously as big as Affleck... I'm sure if he is going to be Luthor, the deal is pretty much done. There is a rumor that they're waiting for Breaking Bad to wrap up to take advantage of that big press push.

Reel

I think this speak to a bit of dissatisfaction among Superman fans with MOS. I think they were hoping for another stand alone film that would be better then MOS. Not speaking for you, reelprops, just making an observation I have seen here and elsewhere.

Wow there's already a petition for the studio to change their mind and Forbes magazine saying it's a bad casting idea.

Pretty sure the studio has a signed contract in their possession. No silly time wasting petition or death threat is gonna change anything. People need to find another way to harness their negative energy.

JD - valid point. Not sure why I was under the assumption that this next movie would be the MOS sequel. Don't think it's ever been clearly stated.

Last edited:
It'd be cool to show Lex Luthor and Bruce Wayne find out that Superman broke their stuff (Wayne sattelite, Lexcorp building.) Two billionaire geniuses gettin mad at the super strong alien then confronting him. Of course there'd be millions of complaints after the Smallville and Metropolis destruction. Still be cool to see, cuz it hurt their ego and wanna step to Supes personally about it

and that petition is full of whiny fanboys.

No that picture isnt what we'll get.and this headline doesnt sound like forbes is saying its bad casting.

6 Reasons The Internet Is Wrong About Ben Affleck As Batman

Yea and said petition has hit 50,000

Reel

And how many people signed the fire Heath Ledger as the Joker petition? Look how that went. Petitions mean jack, except to give people false hope that their desires may be heard and heeded by the studio. And 50,000 out of 400+ million people wont even make them bat (no pun intended) an eye.

My concern for Affleck as an actor is negligible in comparison to my fears of Goyer as a writer. I actually think Affleck will pull it off. There are even rumors he may assist with writing which can only help this production.

And how many people signed the fire Heath Ledger as the Joker petition? Look how that went. Petitions mean jack, except to give people false hope that their desires may be heard and heeded by the studio. And 50,000 out of 400+ million people wont even make them bat (no pun intended) an eye.

Not entirely true - I believe you correct that no studio will fire an actor over this unless the actor decides not to do it - but studios DO pay attention to negative letters or responses - they see one person coming forward as hundreds who have the same opinion but don't voice it.

I've dipped my toes about Ben now I'm about waist deep and I'm more interested in seeing how he does rather than pick him apart.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back