Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

I'm pretty stoked with the Cranston casting. I've been saying he'd make an awesome Luthor and now that Breaking Bad is over with he has PLENTY of time to focus on the DC Universe. I'm okay with Ben as Bruce as well. He's a fan, he has the height and has been working on his build for sometime now. I'm interested in what batmans new suit and batmobile will look like myself. Now if only the WB can give us a WonderWoman, on the bigscreen not television, I can root for I'll be happy.

Billy Zane would make a good traditionally "crazy" Luthor in the vein of what Kevin Spacey did. Bryan Cranston would make a good "evil" Luthor, one that you really believe could go toe-to-toe with Superman (through wits, anyway) and walk away. The trick would be to play him as not-Walter. Bearing in mind I only just started watching BB, so I haven't seen everything he has to offer yet.

Seriously, this is about a Superman sequel. We are ALL talking about the new Batman, Batmobile, etc... Yes, including myself. I had to stop and think. IT'S A MOS sequel. Why the Frak are we dwelling on Batman? Superman was never allowed to develop his character. We are basically going to a Superman movie to critique the new Batman. Something wrong here.

Reel

Seriously, this is about a Superman sequel. We are ALL talking about the new Batman, Batmobile, etc... Yes, including myself. I had to stop and think. IT'S A MOS sequel. Why the Frak are we dwelling on Batman? Superman was never allowed to develop his character. We are basically going to a Superman movie to critique the new Batman. Something wrong here.

Reel

Yeah, I am not opposed to seeing Ben Affleck be Batman. I am somewhat confused as to why he needs to be in MOS 2. I wonder if it speaks to some anxiety WB feels towards this franchise.

anxiety or just wanting to rush towards a possible JLA movie. Still hope we get to see cavill in his own superman movie tho and some more other characters. Marvel is dishing out demi gods, raccoons and trees at us while dc atm prefers to stick with their 2 main heroes.

anxiety or just wanting to rush towards a possible JLA movie. Still hope we get to see cavill in his own superman movie tho and some more other characters. Marvel is dishing out demi gods, raccoons and trees at us while dc atm prefers to stick with their 2 main heroes.

MOS 2 should have been Cavill's own Superman movie!! No Batman. WB is rushing this and it's gonna bust.

No matter what they do there will Always be people who disagree with their choices. Like how they are maybe taking a diff route to what marvel did. Did they have to make Mos 2 instead of batman vs superman? yes ofc but will it bust? I very much doubt it cus atm we hardly know anything and they have 2 of the greatest superheroes ever so it can be good or it can be bad.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's gonna bust, let's be fair here, this is all very preliminary.

You know as we'll as I do, people are going to see MOS 2 and focus more on the new Fleckman. Ehh!! This is stupid, not even worth talking about it anymore. It is what it is. He's the new Batman. Not
happy about it!!! But I can't change it.

Reel

I like this photoshop of Ben as Batman
gjn3.jpg

Is the Superman vs Batman movie an actual sequel to Man of Steel - or will there be an actual MoS 2? With Snyder directing both. I'm hearing that SvB and (what might be considered more a) MoS 2 might be filmed back to back next year.

Is the Superman vs Batman movie an actual sequel to Man of Steel - or will there be an actual MoS 2? With Snyder directing both. I'm hearing that SvB and (what might be considered more a) MoS 2 might be filmed back to back next year.

I was kinda wondering the same thing. I'm hoping Supes gets his own trilogy before they start doing crossovers (or do it like they're doing the Avengers movies)

I was kinda wondering the same thing. I'm hoping Supes gets his own trilogy before they start doing crossovers (or do it like they're doing the Avengers movies)
The only thing DC/Warner has done right was cast Affleck. There should be a real Batman movie and a Superman sequel first... but everything they've done so far (outside of what I still think is perfect Affleck casting) has been poorly executed.

DC is trying to capitalize off of the "group" success of Avengers, without actually executing it the way Avengers did (which is why it was so successful). The way they've been playing this, I'm kind of surprised they're going for just a two-hero movie and not going straight into Justice League.

Disliked DD, loved Superman Returns... would be nice to see Ben drive around in the Tumbler :D
That'll be the flipping the bird to all Bale fans HA!
Well… if Ben had a 5 o'clock shadow and not a full beard and another cowl, I think he'll be fantasic!
Anyone who's watched Breaking Bad knows that Cranston won't disappoint. Lex Luthor, a man ready to do everything to keep his empire and who's not afraid to get his hands dirty, sounds familiar ?
Ben Affleck is a surprise, but after rewatching a few of his latest flicks, I believe he can pull it off, but I don't think we'll get a portrayal as deep as Bale gave. Could be good though, Nolan gave us the story of Bruce Wayne and his demons, maybe we can have something more focus on Batman. More crime fighting, more batcave more time in the suit. Speaking of which, I hope they're going with an Arkham style !
And I wonder if we'll get the World's finest plot arc with Lois, discovering Bruce's identity. Would be fun, having her knowing both those guys identity !
Hmmm, go on… I'd be interested to see, how World's Finest would turn out on the big screen.
Patton Oswalt's take on the news. I tend to agree.
Nice put by Patton!
Oh, perhaps I misspoke... How much worse would've the backlash been had the 'net been around when Keaton was announced.

I still think Keaton has been easily the best Batman. His Bruce Wayne was a bit weak...
Well the only good thing I can think of with Affleck playing Batman is I no longer will have hear Bale's Batman voice, We can only pray they come up with something better.

The voice wasn't bad in Batman Begins.

Reel
It got worse over time… just saying…
Asking whether Ben Affleck should play the role of Batman is a moot point, he's a fantastic story-tellers tool when given the right creative direction and writing. I think there's a more pertinent question that needs to be asked and that is; do we really want Zack Snyder directing the next movie? Comic Books have always been about story-telling, something that seems to fly over Snyder's head...

Just my two cents.
In my opinion: no. I'd even leave to Ben…
Does Kryptonite even exist in the MoS universe? It seemed to be more atmospheric pressure and gas mix that weakened him in that movie.

It hasnt been introduced yet. Then again less kryptonite, more super villains (doomsday, metallo, Brainiac, Darkseid)
^ This
I'd rather see Cranston as Gordon instead of Lex Luthor. I think Cranston would be outstanding as Gordon.
No matter which role he plays, I'd watch it - man I'd even watch him playing a tomatoe!
Come on! Cast him!
Billy Zane would make a good traditionally "crazy" Luthor in the vein of what Kevin Spacey did. Bryan Cranston would make a good "evil" Luthor, one that you really believe could go toe-to-toe with Superman (through wits, anyway) and walk away. The trick would be to play him as not-Walter. Bearing in mind I only just started watching BB, so I haven't seen everything he has to offer yet.
ohhh, better catch up with BB! Well, Walter as a character has the flaw, he tries to get rid of people, getting his hands dirty, but can't fully cover his tracks in contrary to Lex, he doesn't get his hands dirty and doesn't leave a trace that can lead back to him…

Reel
Well, MOS is good but "World's Finest" gotta be better for the character Supes. How does he deal with someone with the same goal but a different method? Supes is the Yin to the Yang of Batman. And every Yin has a spot of Yang in it and vice versa. Will Supes again go so far by killing? Or will Batman have an insight of Supes philosophy?
No matter what they do there will Always be people who disagree with their choices. Like how they are maybe taking a diff route to what marvel did. Did they have to make Mos 2 instead of batman vs superman? yes ofc but will it bust? I very much doubt it cus atm we hardly know anything and they have 2 of the greatest superheroes ever so it can be good or it can be bad.
As I always say… wait and see.

Last edited by a moderator:
For all we know Affleck could have a 10 minute cameo in MOS2. Too many conclusions are being jumped to here. And no they don't need to do it the same way Marvel did. Superhero movies are hot now. In 5 years the public might be sick to death of them. Which I am kind of predicting will happen with the way Marvel is spreading themselves out so thin with characters and movies. If WB takes the slow approach and the super hero bubble does burst in the meantime, we would never see Batman and Superman together on screen. And I don't want to wait anyway. I wanna see this team-up tomorrow. :)

For all we know Affleck could have a 10 minute cameo in MOS2. Too many conclusions are being jumped to here. And no they don't need to do it the same way Marvel did. Superhero movies are hot now. In 5 years the public might be sick to death of them. Which I am kind of predicting will happen with the way Marvel is spreading themselves out so thin with characters and movies. If WB takes the slow approach and the super hero bubble does burst in the meantime, we would never see Batman and Superman together on screen. And I don't want to wait anyway. I wanna see this team-up tomorrow. :)
Depends what you mean by MoS2. Because the likelyhood is that the next DC movie universe flick is going to be called Superman vs. Batman. The rumors I'm hearing is that it will be followed by an actual MoS2 - which of course, could have an Affleck cameo as he is supposed to have a multi-picture deal.

I don't know why everyone loved Bale as Batman, I didn't care much for him at all. Affleck wasn't the greatest choice but I'd rather watch him play the part then have to see Bale again.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back