Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Patton Oswalt's take on the news. I tend to agree.
No matter how many times you post your stupid "Fire Ben Affleck from Playing Batman" petition, I'm going to delete it and block you. Take a deep breath, and think for a second:

Yeah, the dude's made some bad films. Every actor has. Every actor does. Every actor will. It's a huge, arcing career and NO ONE has control over where it goes. Movie to movie, year to year, you're collaborating and trying and risking and, sometimes, yes -- failing.

Plus, everyone seems to forget that he had the world dropped in his lap when he was YOUNG. And, judging by how other suddenly-famous youngsters do in the same situation, he fared pretty well. Even when it went wrong, he seemed to keep a self-deprecating, long-view philosophy about the burning freak carousel he'd found himself on.

And then what happened? I mean, he'd fallen from a HEIGHT. You know what happens to 95% of people who weather a descent that steep? They come apart, fray at all of their sanity nodes, and give up.

But then there's the 5% who embrace crushing defeat and see it for the gift it is. And here's the gift: when you fail, and fail UTTERLY, you wake up the next morning and see that the world didn't end. And then the fear of failure is gone. And you're free. You're free to proceed on your own terms and pace -- if you have the ego that permits you to.

Ben brushed himself off, realized he'd kept his eyes open on the movies he'd done, and started directing. And he's become a damn good one.

A Batman portrayed by someone who's tasted humiliation and a reversal of all personal valences -- kind of like Grant Morrison's "Zen warrior" version of Batman, post-ARKHAM ASYLUM, who was, in the words of Superman, "...the most dangerous man on the planet"? Think for a second and admit that Ben Affleck is closer to THAT top-shelf iteration of The Dark Knight than pretty much anyone in Hollywood right now.

I'd write more, but I have to go work on my post about how an overweight 44 year-old comedian with bad feet and insomnia would be a bold choice for The Joker.

I actually think Bryan Cranston could be a great choice, with a good script and direction behind him. He has proven to be a very versatile actor. Just hope they don't try and go with the deranged comedic take on Luther. Like was portrayed by Hackman, Shea and Spacey.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone who's watched Breaking Bad knows that Cranston won't disappoint. Lex Luthor, a man ready to do everything to keep his empire and who's not afraid to get his hands dirty, sounds familiar ?
Ben Affleck is a surprise, but after rewatching a few of his latest flicks, I believe he can pull it off, but I don't think we'll get a portrayal as deep as Bale gave. Could be good though, Nolan gave us the story of Bruce Wayne and his demons, maybe we can have something more focus on Batman. More crime fighting, more batcave more time in the suit. Speaking of which, I hope they're going with an Arkham style !
And I wonder if we'll get the World's finest plot arc with Lois, discovering Bruce's identity. Would be fun, having her knowing both those guys identity !

That's a great take on Ben Affleck by Patton Oswalt, including the following statement.

"Think for a second and admit that Ben Affleck is closer to THAT top-shelf iteration of The Dark Knight than pretty much anyone in Hollywood right now."

Bryan Cranston would make an interesting choice, but it's far from confirmed. All articles about the Lex Luthor casting are still sourcing only one site.

Bryan Cranston Considers Playing Lex Luthor Metro.us
The rumor originated when Metro.us asked him if he would consider the role. His reply was as follows.

Give me a call,” he says with a grin. And to hear Cranston tell it, he’s already given some thought as to getting into Luthor’s psyche. “I like Lex Luthor. I think he’s misunderstood. He’s a loveable, sweet man,” Cranston says.

That was two weeks ago, whether he has been already approached is still up for speculation. No confirmation, despite what Cosmic Book News says.

Figures theyd use that horrible bat cowl....

I actually think Bryan Cranston could be a great choice, with a good script and direction behind him. He has proven to be a very versatile actor. Just hope they don't try and go with the deranged comedic take on Luther. Like was portrayed by Hackman, Shea and Spacey.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Cranston could easily pull this off I just hope he doesnt get screwed over by the story. For instance as you mentioned. Crazy and stupid. Rather then an actual badass.

P.s. feel free to delete this post like you delete all my others. Its getting ridiculous. Whoever you are *shakes fist in air!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Considering the original source was cosmicbooknews, I'll believe it when it's announced.
It wasn't the original source... they just tried to look good by confirming a rumor that's been around for a few weeks now.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder what the fan reaction would've been at the Keaton announcement back in '88-'89 if the internet was around.

"I wonder what the fan reaction would've been at the Keaton announcement back in '88-'89 if the internet was around."

I distinctly remember the backlash on the Keaton announcement and you ddin't need the internet back then to hear all about the grief! :D I even remember thinking a comedian known for Beetlejuice wasn't going to work.. I remember a newspaper article on it mentioning how lame it was that a short balding man was going to be batman! :lol He did a good job though in the end.

Oh, perhaps I misspoke... How much worse would've the backlash been had the 'net been around when Keaton was announced.

I still think Keaton has been easily the best Batman. His Bruce Wayne was a bit weak...

Not much competition tho when it came to portraying Batman, same thing with Superman. The problem i have is when i look at actors playing batman i compare them with what i see in the comics and so far none of them had the "bat" factor :p (Keaton so far my fav to from the live action movies)

Well the only good thing I can think of with Affleck playing Batman is I no longer will have hear Bale's Batman voice, We can only pray they come up with something better.

devincf: Zack Snyder on stage. Here comes the DC movie news. #SDCChttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPpOGnQCcAACSQ0.jpg:large
Based on this image I'd say this will not be a Batman vs Superman fight.But rather this was already used as the logo for Superman/Batman : Public Enemieswhere Superman and Batman team up together against President Lex Luthor.If that's the case I'd be more interested in who would fill the large Hooters in the Power-Girl role ?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back