Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Okay, so I was curious about his role as George Reeves in Hollywoodland. So I rented it from iTunes. This is gonna be the new Batman? My God!!!

View attachment 223439

Reel
Of course, it's not really in context. He's playing George Reeves playing Superman... not Superman.

...and if there's any doubt, he's already hitting the gym getting ready to shoot next year.

Of course, it's not really in context. He's playing George Reeves playing Superman... not Superman.

...and if there's any doubt, he's already hitting the gym getting ready to shoot next year.

We shall see. I'm trying to keep an open mind about it. Anyone can get in a Batsuit, but can he pull off Bruce Wayne?

Reel

We shall see. I'm trying to keep an open mind about it. Anyone can get in a Batsuit, but can he pull off Bruce Wayne?
That's where I think he'll excel.

After seeing Man of Steel, it seemed pretty obvious they weren't hiring the principles for their acting chops (the guy who played Zod was especially poor). They had the "big guns" like Costner and Crowe as bit players - the link that Serenity posted talked a bit about that.

Let's not forget that Ben is a comic fan and I am 100% sure, that he is absolutely aware of the responsibility of taking the mantle of those, who came before him as the Bat. And I am also sure, he read a lot of Batman comics to be very familiar to the character Batman as well as his alter ego Bruce Wayne. All he need is to be sure not to get a $h1tty script, something that plays his strengths as an actor. As I said before you can't turn a poo script into gold no matter how hard you give the best to cover the weaknesses.

I think hollywood should revisit this guy, what an interesting duo him and affleck would make.
aruvy8yj.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Kane Hodder as Batman would be EPIC lol. He would make the crooks pay for sure. "You have the right to remain silent mofo! So I'll just kill you." Lol.

Last edited:
It's from Hollywoodland, Affleck gave a great performance there, right down to some of the body movements and mannerisms of George Reeves.
Thanks, I loved the old Reeves reruns growing up. Will have to get the DVD and this bodes well since I thought DareDevil was good even though it was in Spanish.

Back in 1989 I remember people flipping out over Keaton.
I recall negative talk about other Batmen castings, Ledger for the joker, etc...etc...

Nobody in the fan world ever seems to be happy... Then the film comes out and they flip out about how they loved it :lol

Give Ben a chance... He just might surprise you!

I just finished the director's cut of Daredevil 5 minutes ago. Way more in depth than the theatrical version. I actually like the movie more now that I've seen this cut. Although it only made me hate Colin Ferrell as Bullseye even more lol.

Defiantly reiterated that Affleck could pull this off for me.

If they just got rid of Nolan, Snyder and Goyer - I'd be fine with Affleck.

That's the most agreeable thing I've seen you post since I've been following this section of the forums. :p

In all seriousness, I would love it if Affleck had more creative input than just a leading roll in this film. People may have issues with his acting prowess, but almost everyone recognizes that the guy can craft a damn decent film from all the other important aspects. I seriously doubt it will happen, but a non-judgemental fanboy can dream.

That's the most agreeable thing I've seen you post since I've been following this section of the forums. :p

Well, if you're agreeing with me you're not learning anything.

You guys have to stop looking at Daredevil as Affleck's fault - he was directed to act the way he did in that movie. If you want to see a true measure of the man's acting sensibilities look at his directing - he guides those actors in the performances and to do that he has to understand each character. Now, this doesn't really apply to Batman seeing as how the great music video director Snyder will be guiding Affleck in the mask. The better news would have been that Affleck was directing Batman vs Superman.

Well, if you're agreeing with me you're not learning anything.

You guys have to stop looking at Daredevil as Affleck's fault - he was directed to act the way he did in that movie. If you want to see a true measure of the man's acting sensibilities look at his directing - he guides those actors in the performances and to do that he has to understand each character. Now, this doesn't really apply to Batman seeing as how the great music video director Snyder will be guiding Affleck in the mask. The better news would have been that Affleck was directing Batman vs Superman.

Guess I'm still not learning anything... or you aren't because you sort of parroted my previous post but expanded it. :p

I won't say Affleck is an amazing director, because no one deserves that kind of praise or pressure for that matter... but he had definitely sharpened that part of the story telling process in the last few years. Like I said before, it would be great for the film if he could have more creative input that just one of the main lead actors, but I don't think he necessarily signed up for that... or to step on Snyder's toes for that matter. We'll see. We're still so far out from even principle photography anything is possible. I haven't seen official news regarding Ben getting that 13 picture deal yet, but WB definitely wants his creative input to play heavily in the franchise in one way or another with their ramp-up of the DC universe. Only time will tell what that role will be.

Affleck, as much as I like him in some movies, is the second worst casting choice Batman-related I've heard since Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back