Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Ben Affleck is an interesting choice, forget Daredevil, I love Captain America and that guy was a terrible as the Human Touch, so give the guy a chance. "Worlds Finest" will be a great movie as long as the writing is good.

...and now apparently Bryan Cranston is Luthor.

I liked the Mark Strong rumor, but this might be even better.

I liked the Mark Strong rumor, but this might be even better.
Luthor cooking Kryptonite....interesting. I haven't watched Breaking Bad (I know!) but love this casting!

I'm happy with everything about Cranston except for his age (he'll be pretty old if/when they enter their Phase 2), but they'll work around it. Just an amazing actor and transitioning from Walter White to Lex shouldn't be difficult for him.

...actually the site that the RPF linked to doesn't seem all that credible. The Cranston/Luthor thing could be bunk.

Cranston is 57, Affleck is 40 and Cavill is 30... could realistically get 10 years of so out of these guys.

They went overboard with this made up rumor by stating the following.

"DC also does have major interest in bringing Matt Damon into the Justice League now that Affleck is on board, and it is rumored that he is being considered for Aquaman or Martian Manhunter."

DC isn't making any decisions about JL for a long time.

They went overboard with this made up rumor by stating the following.

"DC also does have major interest in bringing Matt Damon into the Justice League now that Affleck is on board, and it is rumored that he is being considered for Aquaman or Martian Manhunter."

DC isn't making any decisions about JL for a long time.
It's not really "made up" - Cranston has been quoted as being interested in the Luthor role.

He'd make a good Gordon. But, Gary Oldman was one of the highlights of the Nolan films... doubtful he'd come back.

Affleck is 41, Cavill is 30.

Affleck is an Oscar winner, a name and the best person for the job (IMO). Ben Affleck Is Batman, and Here?s Why That?s Perfect Casting - Screen Crush thinks so, too.

I never said they were the same age. I mean that you stick them side by side, the look to be in the same age bracket - one not much older than the other. Put them together and Cavill doesn't look young and inexperienced and Afflect older and wiser as guiding force. You just don't get that in a side by side shot.

And i'm not saying he can't do it well, but the choice tells me the first thing on their wish list of actors was 'name' and I don't ever see that as a good idea.

I tend to agree with Zach Snyder's statement on the matter:

“Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry’s Superman. He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne. I can’t wait to work with him.”

There's an eleven year gap in their age - not sure how you think they look like they're in the same age bracket. I don't get that at all.

Really? I think Affleck looks pretty young for his age, looks a bit older than Cavill but they don't LOOK that far apart in age. I do think hair and makeup made Cavill look more mature in MoS, they'll probably make adjustments to both actors to make their age difference more obvious.

The Town happens to be one of my favorite flicks. I am keeping an open mind on this. Affleck is way better choice than the other names I have heard kicked around.

Apparently, the film will be shot largely in the Detroit area. Rumor has it they'll be using all the space and even more that the Pontiac film studios has - same place much of Transformers 4 and Oz The Great and Powerful were filmed - and will also film on location.

Last edited:
I vote to bring Gotham City back to Chicago!

Please. No. The gridlock that happened in the downtown area during filming was beyond ridiculous. Almost as bad as when Oprah shut down Michigan Avenue for her show. And traffic during normal times is ridiculously bad as it is already.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back