Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Do we even know they are machine guns? What if they are some kind of Tesla guns? Or even Kryptonite blasters or something? Maybe they are sort of sonic cannons....we won't know until the trailer i suppose.....

Rich
This had occurred to me. Maybe they're not weapons at all. Maybe they're some sort of highly focused microphones and/or infrared/x-ray cameras so Bats can perform his surveillance from a distance in the comfort of his BatBuggy. That would make sense, and explain why they're mounted on what appears to be a positionable turret/platform.

From a design standpoint, I see no reasonable or realistic way they could be chain fed machine guns. No ejection ports, no apparent area to store ammo, etc. If they are indeed "machine guns" it appears they have "movie magic" ammo holders.

Because it's all about how realistic it is... in a movie... with an alien... that... can... fly...

Actually they could be bullpups side-mounted to the turret and the feed mechanism is inside the mounting bracket. No need for a grip or finger-trigger, that could be re-routed to a servo mechanism.

I say possible. Especially using Hollywood mechanics and engineering.

pup.jpg

The Bat/Supes crew is filming just outside the city I work for... one of the crew members came to the firehouse in desperate need of flares. Apparently, someone screwed up and didn't get enough or forgot them (this was later at night). So there's a shot that when/if flares pop up in this, they may've come from my work.

Looks like a smoke machine underneath to simulate tire spinning smoke. I assume and hope they "speed" that scene up, awfully slow chase! It sounds good though. You can just here the driver gun the Batmobile's engine after going around the corner.

Crap, did I just call it the Batmobile?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back