Matty Ghostbusters Proton Wand

benhs1898

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Discuss.

I am too lazy to transpose the description from the plaque but it sounds like it's loaded with some awesome features.

Attachments

• 1013520_10151727615039844_800108578_n.jpg
    1013520_10151727615039844_800108578_n.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,565
  • 1013520_10151727615044844_1656264677_n.jpg
    1013520_10151727615044844_1656264677_n.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 2,194
How interesting.

Well, I guess that means that the proton pack is next?

I know they are not the most accurate items but I think of them as somewhere between role-play toys and real prop replicas.
The features they have put in these have a good "play factor". I know I am taking my Matty PKE meter to the showing of
Ghostbusters at my local cinema in two weeks!

I look forward to more info!!

It's pretty off what a real thrower should be. It's Matty shelling out another toy that people line up like lemmings to buy. It's almost like people forget about the awful goggles and hoverboard.

...from the Matty Collector website.

Epic Creations™ Ghostbusters™ Neutrino Wand

Negative vibrations from ectoplasmic entities bumming you out? Give them a positive blast with your Neutrino Wand! Developed with Sony Entertainment, this authentically detailed wand delivers vibrations and a force kickback when blasted, light-meter animations on the base that ramp up or down depending on how high you’ve adjusted the proton stream setting, and an extending tip that lights up with orange, red, and yellow LEDs (does not actually shoot a beam).

The wand’s buttons and switches are loaded with lights and sounds sampled directly from the Ghostbusters™ films, including the main power on/off switch and the proton stream on/off switch, length-adjuster knob, and “blasting” button. And if total protonic reversal is your thing, then you’ll want to cross the streams and see what happens! Fire two Neutrino Wands at each other and watch the lights change color as the light-up meter transforms to a unique pattern and new sounds and vibration are triggered.

Im pretty impressed for a toy, I can't wait to get this. I won't be terrified of breaking it. Really happy its 130$, hope this comes through :)

I don't like Matty. At all. But this looks pretty neat.
The extra effects sound really nice. Stuff I wanted to replicate when I made my wand (vibration, "cross the stream" effect) but didn't.
What exactly is so "horrendous" about this? I keep seeing fans going off on how terrible it looks.
So far all I can see are the banjos around the tip (should be brass and they look like black plastic here), the tubing there should be red instead of green, the hat light near the tip is orange / red instead of white, the other hat light looks like molded black plastic and the knobs look pretty cheap.
Seems like a few easy mods could fix it right up.
The Ghost Trap is one of the coolest toys I've ever owned. I hope this can compare.

It actually might be fun and less stressful modding these a bit instead of a scratch build. I've built 3 complete packs and was thinking about making a fourth to keep but I might hold off and pick one of these up!

For anyone who wants a thrower but doesn't have the means to build their own this will be a good fit for them. With a few modifications it can be made to look close to accurate if they choose so. I have the PKE and Trap, would like to figure out how to change the annoying beep on the pke to the movie sound but I just put it in silent. For the Trap I have swapped out some of the plastic parts for real ones and attached a plate where the battery is to have it hold better on the belt.

If this was released before I started building my pack, I would have probably jumped on it and then modded it

I wonder if this will be out for Halloween? I was going to upgrade my thrower in time for then, but am considering holding off now...

Anyone can build a better thrower than this hunk of plastic. The "I don't have the space or skillset" is a copout.

As for this thing Matty is showing off:

All the metallics looks wrong, the banjos should be brass, the gunear hatlight should be orange or white, the top hat light should be orange or white, the front tubing should be red, the design of all the brass parts is wrong, the switches are wrong (giant nut), the top vents are spaced weird, the knobs are all wrong, the gunear on the left has a weird divot in it, the rear green tube is too long, the rear cylinder is the wrong shape, the front barrel stackup is missing a "layer", the trigger box is completely the wrong dimensions, the guntrack is dimensionally wrong, as is the v-hook, the vent light doesn't appear to work, and there's huge gaps in the seams and random hardware all over the place.

I also doubt that the electronics function the way they do in the film, since no one has publicly released a kit that does, so Matty could just copy the functions. I also wonder whose hard work they stole for their labels.

If Matty took the time to actually research the real props before tossing together a toy for China to crap out, it would probably look relatively better, though that's not saying much.

Guys... This is a TOY, not a prop replica. I would have killed for something half this good when I was a kid.

Relax.

Exactly. It is what it is. And I think it's pretty darn cool. If you wanted an exact replica from a company like eFx I'm certain the cost would be 4-5x. So for a mass produced toy these items are good enough to the average fan. Not so much good enough for the screen accurate crowd.

One year earlier and that thing would make my day, but now I have a replica and it looks twice as good...

I bet the sound will more awful as in the matty trap...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back