Pacific Rim Ranger Bomber Jacket

Really excellent costume idea! I have two bomber jackets, but neither one has the shearling collar. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for one.

here is a bit of a rough emblem for the back of the jacket, I couldnt find a suitable typeface so had to hand draw it all. Does anyone have that Eagle emblem in a decent size, I have a funny tshirt idea for it.
gipsy danger logosm.jpg

I have this logo in PDF vector format, I dont know how to link it here, so if u want it PM me and I can bash it over.

Hi my first post here so may as well be about some thing i may be able to contribute to , the bomber looks great but if you ever decied to take the personalised patch a step further you could give the guys at BritKitUSA a try , they will make up almost any patch to your design , for instance adding your nickname or even rpf user name to a 'Gypsy danger ' patch , they are very good , reasonably priced and provide good comms while working up your patch. My airsoft teams patch ( Spartans, is on the home page ) you can also state that once finished they are never to sell ' Your ' patch to anybody else.
Am at work at the mo and cant seem to add links , but Amazon have a few T shirts that may be of interest as well and Youtube has an awesome cover of the main theme , seriously worth a listen if you havent already - Main theme Epic rock version.
Any way back to work now :)

Cheers
Mike

here is a bit of a rough emblem for the back of the jacket, I couldnt find a suitable typeface so had to hand draw it all. Does anyone have that Eagle emblem in a decent size, I have a funny tshirt idea for it.
View attachment 212899

I have this logo in PDF vector format, I dont know how to link it here, so if u want it PM me and I can bash it over.

I managed to find this one over on the Penny Arcade forums, of all things.
PPDC Logo.png

Edit: Yay! 200th post!

Last edited:
I managed to find this one over on the Penny Arcade forums, of all things.
View attachment 213408

Edit: Yay! 200th post!

Hello thread! Imagine my surprise when I go cruising around to see if anyone has figured out a real world alternative to the base movie bomber jacket when I find this thread with my vector from the PA boards being linked! I wanted to pop in to say you guys are absolutely free to go nuts with those things and I'll probably be cooking up some more when I get home from work in a week and a half. If you all would like, I'd be glad to also link them here as I get done with them. I was going to do the Gipsy Danger lettering next and some other Jaeger logos. I have the art book coming in the mail on the hopes that I'll be able to get more designs to pull from it so that we can all make neat stuff with out of 'em. If you guys want the .psds of the vectors or want a specific edit done, I'll be glad to supply them once I'm home!

am sure someone will have beaten me to this, but i did this totally made up shirt (being a closet alcoholic an all that!) and i thought it was fun! jaeger_test.jpg

Really cool idea, guys. :)

I've been discussing this with a buddy and we've kind of decided to go our own way and design a logo for our own Scottish Jaeger.

So, my super keen buddy just sent me some old bomber style jackets that he had no use for, both genuine leather, so this project has officially started for me!

http://i.imgur.com/kBrER4s.jpg?1 http://i.imgur.com/IHbjMkI.jpg?1

The first one is a suede leather, but very well worn and distressed, it is much closer to the base style of the GD bomber, with shearling colar, a three panel back tailoring and the right sort of pockets. The second is smooth leather, but the details aren't quite right, it has a two-panel center seam back, the pockets are on a diagonal and a regular collar.

I'm pretty tiny compared to my friend, so I'm gonna have to take whichever jacket I make anyways, and I'll have to extend the lenth as well and ditch the elastic bottom. I'm thinking I may just salvage leather and finishing details from one of the jackets and sorta custom tailor it. So, which one to salvage from? The distressed, well worn suede or the standard, smooth-ish leather? They both look a lot darker than the photos as well.

Me and a buddy are working on these jackets also. And thanks to some of the awesome posts in this thread we were able to knock up a shirt in the mean time. Just for funzies. 2013-08-02 17.31.55.jpg 2013-08-02 17.32.32.jpg

I went looking around to see if I could find something close to the screen-used jackets but they're unusual. They're 3/4-length half-belt jackets with A2-style front pockets. And, of course, the quilting and shearling collar. Obviously they wanted the WW2 bomber jacket look, but they added details from the '30s and the '80s. I searched FilmJackets.com but there's nothing there (yet).

Craxxor, love that shirt design.

redbubble.com has some Gipsy Danger shirts and PPDC stickers, FYI.

Thanks for the proper terminology man! Really helped me look up style lines so I'd know what to alter!

I spent last night ripping out what seemed like a quarter mile of seams, but here's what I ended up with and my plans:
iXaUOQt.jpg

After dis-assembly I ended up with 1: jacket base 2: old waistband 3: old zipper cover 4: old waistband elastic and 5: sleeves.

I'm gonna be extending the length as shown with what I harvested here and what I will harvest when I take the jacket in to fit me (blue lines). I'll also add the arm side top quilting patch from those scraps. The elbow/forearm quilting will be done by just quilting the patch that is already there to reinforce the elbows. I also took out the shoulderpads, I have strong enough shoulders as it is, no need to go all 80's up in this joint.

Also yes..I am a woman, hence the massive taking in of the sides.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back