Scratchbuilt Jabba's Sailbarge / Khetanna custom Toy and Model WIP

absolutely outstanding job. not only are you model making skills second to none your photography and documenting the biuld are fantastic .

Okay ... is there any progress here lately ... or shall I tell Bib, while he's here for inspection, you're ready to become banthapoodo?

Chaim

WOW...some very very nice comments here!!! Thanks to all of you! Makes me really really happy!!! :love

absolutely outstanding job. not only are you model making skills second to none your photography and documenting the biuld are fantastic .

Thank you. I am very happy to hear that my photos and my documentation are also liked! :cool...ahh...that feels good!! :lol

Okay ... is there any progress here lately ... or shall I tell Bib, while he's here for inspection, you're ready to become banthapoodo?

Chaim

Woooahh....I get kicked *****.....okay...just for you Chaim ;)

(...and btw a very nice pic...need that Bib...just searching for him...tough one it seems)

UPDATE:

All pictures from this update can be found here:
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/khetanna2#08okt2014

On with the bar area. I started to build the back wall of this place. I wanted a rack for all the bottles that is backlighted. Also the Khetanna doesn't end at this place, so a door should be there to enter the nose of the ship.
I took some "garden fences" to build the backlighted area. This was a real tough work. I glued the whole thing out of 32 pieces that needed to be cut and sanded before. Two shelves were integrated for the bottles. After that I framed the whole thing and installed it into the wall. Some panneling and a door was added as well:

Khetanna_328.JPG

Khetanna_330.JPG

Khetanna_331.JPG

Khetanna_332.JPG

Khetanna_334.JPG

Khetanna_335.JPG

I bought a Playmobil sink for the bar and integrated it as well:

Khetanna_336.JPG

Khetanna_337.JPG

For the backlighted area I bought a special acryl glas with high transmission (92%). I cutted off the top of the LEDs, drilled three holes into the acrylic and glued the LEDs into these. The corners were covered with aluminium foil. To the front a yellow sheet and a "milky" sheet will be added. The last pic shows a test of the lightning right now.

Khetanna_339.JPG

Khetanna_340.JPG

I hope you like it!

Comments/criticism are welcome...

Regards

Wolff

Thanks to both of you! :cool

UPDATE:

All pictures from this update can be found here:
]http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/khetanna2#10okt2014

Beeing in a rush tonight: I finished the bar and the rack/wall. To say it short: Mmmmmmmmhhhh.....primer!!! (...LOL....I stole it form grandmaster Gag :D)

I haven't made pictures of the progress, so I will describe it shortly.
- I finished the door with some corrections. After filling and sanding it was glued into the wall. I choosed to make the door a bit open.
- The rest of the wall was corrected then...some rough cuts to the back as well
- I mounted the different foils (yellow, milky) to the acrylic 8on the edges. I built a construction were the whole thing can be removed for priming and the color job.
- The rest of the wall was filled and sanded
- The sink needed some cover paneling. This and some repairs were done.
- The bar itself was taped were the lightning is placed. The thing was filled and sanded...then primed. After that I could finally remove the tapes, bring on the yellow foil and glue the top of the bar onto it.
- The bar and the wall were screwed to the floor. The whole piece will be inserted into the barge and stay detachable. Nose, the bar scene and the middle part are now important pieces of the transition and its stability.
- The "wire- problem" was solved. Some holes 8(some wrong, some right), some brazing and some wires and the two parts are connected now.

Here it is without light but primed (mmmmmhhhhh):

Khetanna_341.JPG

Khetanna_343.JPG

Khetanna_344.JPG

Khetanna_345.JPG

Here is some details of the the integrated sink (not glued yet):

Khetanna_346.JPG

Khetanna_348.JPG

Here some pictures were the platform is inserted into the barge:

Khetanna_349.JPG

Khetanna_351.JPG

And what is better then "mmmmh...primer"?? Correct: Primer plus lightning.....="mmmmmhh²"
(plus some bottles and stuff. These will get labels, beeing painted and I still need to do that beer drawing system...so stay tuned!)

Khetanna_352.JPG

Khetanna_353.JPG

Khetanna_354.JPG

I hope you like it!

Comments/criticism are welcome...

Regards

Wolff

You made a bar for Jabba's henchmen...that's the greatest damn thing I've ever seen! For some reason I love the sink. It's the detail that really sells it to me. The open design at the base of the bar just screams "Jabba decor" as well. Looks fantastic!

This is so A W E S O M E!
I would totaly want to get wasted at that bar! haha :lol

Great...next Saturday at 9:00?? I will be there....Jabba's dancers arrrive at that day ;) ;)

:lol

You made a bar for Jabba's henchmen...that's the greatest damn thing I've ever seen! For some reason I love the sink. It's the detail that really sells it to me. The open design at the base of the bar just screams "Jabba decor" as well. Looks fantastic!

Thanks...that means much to me! It is a tough thing IMO to find the right design for that kind of things. We know Jabba's throne room, but the Khetanna wasn't build from Jabba or for Jabba:
The Khetanna was a modified luxury sail barge which had three decks with the upper one being covered by two large orange sails.[...]
As the vehicle was designed to transport sentient passengers for extended trips, the Khetanna's middle deck served as the passenger deck. This deck was highly ornate, decorated with sculptures, tapestries, and other symbols of wealth in order to impress Jabba's guests.

source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Khetanna

So Jabba bought a luxury tourist barge and modified it (i.e. the canon to the deck). He also installed the art (Rancor statue, the Jabba picture etc....), but I am guessing the rest should look more like 1920s luxury ship with some modifications from Jabba?!?!?.....(that is btw the reason for the "human looking" door....I found it suitable for a sail barge that has much in comon with a pirates' ship...am I wrong?)

The last tough design will be the cockpit...not even close to know what I will build there?!?!?

Anyway...thank you again!!

Wolff

UPDATE:

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/khetanna2#16okt2014

I forgot to show you the additional pictures I made the next day. First thing I noticed when I came back from loading the batteries was: Klaatu was drunk and Weequay made the usual trouble...kids...eh??

Khetanna_355.JPG

Have I mentioned that the bar is also lid from behind?

Khetanna_356.JPG

Khetanna_357.JPG

So this will be the toughest update for me! We are moving again....that means no more updates for who knows how long. I promise to be back and finish this one day, but for now I have lots of other things to do. The ship is packed well into 5 boxes. I hope nothing breaks or gets lost.

Khetanna_358.JPG

See you in a few month!

Wolff

Smooth sailing ... and in case you're not back before ... Happy Halloween, a very Merry X-mas ... and all the best for 2015! :) ... Meanwhile I'll save you a front seat when that cockpit is finished ;)

Chaim

I can't wait til you get back and post more updates. This is one of the most creative, imaginative projects I have seen on here. Outstanding. I love the bar! Keep it up.

This is HANDS DOWN, the most epic thing I have ever seen in the world of STAR WARS Toy customizing / scratch building!! There is NO WAY that Kenner / Hasbro will ever come close to producing anything even remotely as good as this. You could easily be working for Industiral Light and Magic!!! Brilliant! Simply BRILLIANT!!!!!!!! Bravo!!! I take my hat off to you!!!! Thank you for the thrill!!!

I found this thread today.
Reading through it has motivated me
I have not felt like creating or building anything in a very long time
That has changed and I thank you for your inspiration

Fantastic work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back