Scratchbuilt Jabba's Sailbarge / Khetanna custom Toy and Model WIP

Thanks for the nice comments ladies and gentlemen......its still a veeery looong way till the paint job can be done...but we are getting closer ;)

UPDATE:

All pictures from this update can be found here:
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/khetanna2#31jan2016

Primed the inner part and the bar section. Built in now with lightening...some beauty shots:
Khetanna_541.JPG

Khetanna_542.JPG

Khetanna_543.JPG

Khetanna_544.JPG

Finally added the last wires and cables to the middle part:
Khetanna_545.JPG

Khetanna_546.JPG

Hope you like it. Thanks for looking!

God, that bar is just smooth as silk! I wouldn't mind grabbing a glass of jawa juice from there, provided no Jedi vandals were firing blaster canons into the deck that weekend..

Sorry if you've answered this before but I've got to ask, what sanding methods/grit levels do you use to get such a clean result on your styrene?

God, that bar is just smooth as silk! I wouldn't mind grabbing a glass of jawa juice from there, provided no Jedi vandals were firing blaster canons into the deck that weekend..

Sorry if you've answered this before but I've got to ask, what sanding methods/grit levels do you use to get such a clean result on your styrene?

Thank you! Well it is not that smooth and accurate....but lots of details help irritating your eyes ;). I use P180 for the rough stuf and P320 for actually smoothing. I used to use P600...but it made me go nuts honestly...

UPDATE:

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/khetanna2#07feb2016

This update is kind of of a mess. I missed out to take a few pictures and did lots of pics with actually no sense behind. Anyway...here we go.

First up was priming the sides of the middle part:
Khetanna_547.JPG

I then finally started to fix the mast to the deck. The mast is screwed into the square tube mounted to the top of the deck:
Khetanna_548.JPG

Khetanna_549.JPG

I needed to screw the ship together because three of four ends of the handrails broke. I glued them back in place with the ship mounted together. I also inserted some metal wires to make it more solid. I also changed the transition form the middle part handrail to front and rear because it broke all the time.
Khetanna_550.JPG

Khetanna_551.JPG

Khetanna_553.JPG

Khetanna_555.JPG

Khetanna_556.JPG

Some details to the handrail I made. Not screen accurate but makes it more stabil.
Khetanna_557.JPG

Testing with figure and cannon:
Khetanna_558.JPG

Khetanna_559.JPG

Some details I forgot:
Khetanna_560.JPG

And last but not least I need four gargoyles for the deck. Started with one main sculpt. Theses are mainly the same like on Jabba's throne:
Khetanna_561.JPG

Khetanna_562.JPG

Khetanna_562a.JPG

Next up are the Ishi Tib gargoyles (for the throne room). I did some sculpts based on the Hasbro figure just noticing they are waaaay too big. So I started an own sculpt (WIP):
Khetanna_563.JPG

Last edited:
This simply has to go down as the greatest Sail Barge build ever and one of the best built Star Wars items ever.

When it's all done I will give you 10k for it,....right after I win the lottery.

Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom

Tom is banned??? Ugh!!...anybody knows why? :(

UPDATE:

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/khetanna2#20feb2016

The middle part is finished...Wohooo!

First up was finishing the gargoyles. Did a mold, resin duplicates, made a ring and used some teethbrush color rings for the "frame":
Khetanna_564.jpg

Khetanna_565.jpg

Celebrating the main hatch:
Khetanna_566.jpg

Khetanna_567.jpg

...and the other two hatches (waiting for the paint job to be glued to the ship):
Khetanna_568.jpg

Khetanna_569.jpg

Side window:
Khetanna_570.jpg

Khetanna_571.jpg

Bar inside:
Khetanna_572.jpg

Side door:
Khetanna_573.jpg

Khetanna_574.jpg

Middle part ogether with the nose: Some beauty shots.
Khetanna_575.jpg

Khetanna_576.jpg

Khetanna_577.jpg

Khetanna_578.jpg

Khetanna_579.jpg

Wolff

So sorry. Live came in the way.....I haven't done much since and lost it a bit. But as I always come back let's hope for the joy coming back very soon. I am struggling a bit with the sails and the canon.....but will find solutions I am sure

Regards Wolff

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back