Space 1999 Eagle Transporter (Warp 1/72)

Jaitea

Master Member
I had been looking to buy a Warp model of the Eagle Transporter from Space 1999 for a few years, but the kit was a bit expensive (well for me) at £80.

This was the craft that I fell in love with when I was a kid....before Star Wars came along, before The Millennium Falcon, back in 1975 my Sci-fi was Space 1999, Dr Who, Six Million Dollar Man & Planet of the Apes.

The kit is resin & white metal,.....the resin is very well cast, not a problem with that.....but the metal parts require a lot of attention.

parts.jpg

As soon as the kit arrived I started cleaning up the framework on the top of the body.....I didn't take any photos of it untouched, but it wasnt hard to find images online:

04.jpg

This part wasn't too bad to clean up
frame1.jpg

This one shows the cages which are a good bit more difficult, one cleaned & original:

cleanup.jpg

This is just me experimenting with this kit,....gonna leave it for a while & finish my other projects

Thanks for looking

John

It is a very good start. I've been tempted to get one of these, although part of me just wants to upscale and get the RU 23" Eagle and work on that. The 44" one that recently came out is also tempting, but I could buy a somewhat decent used car for THAT amount of money (or sell one of my built models to finance it I suppose).

Can't wait to see what you do with yours.

Well it's almost a year down the line, but I've done a bit more to this kit

I removed some of the white metal main grid & replaced it with copper tubing
newtube2.jpg

& added finer tubing inside
newtube4.jpg

Cage.jpg

Innerparts.jpg

Cage2.jpg

PodampGrid.jpg

cagesamppod.jpg

Thanks for looking
John

I've been looking at the freighter version of one of these for a while too. The build you're doing is looking great. Can't wait to see it finished.

Looks great!

I have been slowly cleaning up the metal spine on my kit for hours now.
Seeing your progress is pushing me to continue.

Thanks MM, I'd love the Hawk.....get her started!
& Thanks KUROK......Yeah, it is a chore, but it is worth it,...every now and again give it a coat of primer to see if anything still shows through

These next photos probably don't look that different that the last post ::).....but I have tidied up the painting a bit

eaglemore3.jpg

Eaglemore2.jpg

Eaglemore.jpg

Still havent got round to do the engines yet,.....but will do soon (off work for a fortnight)

Thanks for looking
John

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back