I ThinK I cracked the color Scheme for the MOS logo , what do you think !

Status
Not open for further replies.

bat77

996496_10201551314767528_1375328890_n.jpg1044334_10201551314967533_306899745_n.jpg I re casted the logo using Vitaflex 20 and incorporated 2 red metal powders for the S and copper gold for the rest , the outer blue part comes out crap so I painted it Navy Blue . I used Vitaflex 20 mainly to gelt a closer fit to the body and it worked out great , hope you liked it

View attachment 205243View attachment 205244 I re casted the logo using Vitaflex 20 and incorporated 2 red metal powders for the S and copper gold for the rest , the outer blue part comes out crap so I painted it Navy Blue . I used Vitaflex 20 mainly to gelt a closer fit to the body and it worked out great , hope you liked it

Excuse me.. You did not receive permission to recast the work of myself and Biggeek1972. Whether or not you sell copies or this, you have openly admitted to breaking RPF rules which is a offense worthy of getting banned. Consider yourself reported.

I did not know that I needed permission to recast anything , this is the first time I have ever done this, or ever hear of any of this , if I have offended any one I am truly sorry . I thought that the forum is to share after all aren't we ripping off Warner brothers here !! don't we have to have their permission ? This is why it never occurred to me to ask for permission in the first place , I am new to these boards and I know that we all work hard for our passions but my intentions were to contribute never to insult or to take away from Bigeek or any other member . Has for the RPF, this is a good board with good information and I respect it greatly as a tool and resource available for all cosplay, costumers and people who want to just learn about the craft but get real this is just a BOARD not the real world !!! I have been making costume for myself and others for over 25 years and this is the first complaint I have ever received ! So sorry again for the mistake . I emailed Bigeek ! I will email hi again in hope that he get it this time !

bat77 Phil

bat77, recastin' someone else's work is a big no no here on THERPF now if you had sculpted your own and then casted it there wouldn't be a problem you really should read th' forum rules and understand them before doin' anything on this forum. I'm not gettin' on to you but recastin' is a form of counterfeitin' someone's work without permission whether or not it's for personal use or personal gain doesn't matter we share methods and information for buildin' costumes and props.

Excuse me.. You did not receive permission to recast the work of myself and Biggeek1972. Whether or not you sell copies or this, you have openly admitted to breaking RPF rules which is a offense worthy of getting banned. Consider yourself reported.

i know he admitted having recasted the emblem but he does'nt seem to know what he did ..
i know it doesn't excuse what he did but in a sense he's right ... every people who used screen used files and sold copies of it are breaking copyright rules wich is worthy of being sued by a huge compagny like warner bros or marvel
he didn't sold any copy he just made a new one for him because he didn't like how it turned out !
well i know its against rulees but its not like he sold some copies :/

anyway, let the admins decide ..

i know he admitted having recasted the emblem but he does'nt seem to know what he did ..
i know it doesn't excuse what he did but in a sense he's right ... every people who used screen used files and sold copies of it are breaking copyright rules wich is worthy of being sued by a huge compagny like warner bros or marvel
he didn't sold any copy he just made a new one for him because he didn't like how it turned out !
well i know its against rulees but its not like he sold some copies :/

anyway, let the admins decide ..

Go back and look at nearly every recasters thread where they try and argue the point that "we all are recasters" in one way or another. Its a classic excuse and not one that The RPF recognizes so don't even try to support him. It doesn't excuse what he did. He still took work that Curtis and I spent tons of time on and reduced it down to pouring silicone all over it and can now make copies whenever he wants. On top of that, he even asked Curtis when our pattern for the suits will be ready and when we couldn't give him a date that was close enough, he recast sections of our pattern, bundled them together and has now made large sheets of the pattern.

I did not know that I needed permission to recast anything , this is the first time I have ever done this, or ever hear of any of this , if I have offended any one I am truly sorry . I thought that the forum is to share after all aren't we ripping off Warner brothers here !! don't we have to have their permission ? This is why it never occurred to me to ask for permission in the first place , I am new to these boards and I know that we all work hard for our passions but my intentions were to contribute never to insult or to take away from Bigeek or any other member . Has for the RPF, this is a good board with good information and I respect it greatly as a tool and resource available for all cosplay, costumers and people who want to just learn about the craft but get real this is just a BOARD not the real world !!! I have been making costume for myself and others for over 25 years and this is the first complaint I have ever received ! So sorry again for the mistake . I emailed Bigeek ! I will email hi again in hope that he get it this time !

bat77 Phil

It blows my mind that you thoughstealing other peoples work by pouring some silicone on it and reusing it didn't seem like a bad idea. I can't even tell you how many times this issue has been discussed. THe rules are CLEARLY stated and you are asked to read them when you sign up as a member. Apparently you skipped over some important information when you registered that would have helped you avoid this issue. If you've really been costuming and making stuff for 25 years and this is the first you've heard that recasting is bad then i really hope the other people you copied stuff off of were okay with you doing that. Yes we are here to share, sometimes freely and openly and sometimes for a nominal fee to compensate people for all the hard work they put into a project they are passionate about. This may be a hobby for you, but for others this is their full time job in making and selling props/replicas. Its not just a BOARD to them, its their livlihood so i don't appreciate being told to "Get real" when i see that some of my work gets copied.

It's okay to apologize but to reason out like that isn't fair enough for the original makers of the said item.
Recasting is like having no respect to the original maker who put their effort and time to making it perfect.

Go back and look at nearly every recasters thread where they try and argue the point that "we all are recasters" in one way or another. Its a classic excuse and not one that The RPF recognizes so don't even try to support him. It doesn't excuse what he did. He still took work that Curtis and I spent tons of time on and reduced it down to pouring silicone all over it and can now make copies whenever he wants. On top of that, he even asked Curtis when our pattern for the suits will be ready and when we couldn't give him a date that was close enough, he recast sections of our pattern, bundled them together and has now made large sheets of the pattern.

It blows my mind that you thoughstealing other peoples work by pouring some silicone on it and reusing it didn't seem like a bad idea. I can't even tell you how many times this issue has been discussed. THe rules are CLEARLY stated and you are asked to read them when you sign up as a member. Apparently you skipped over some important information when you registered that would have helped you avoid this issue. If you've really been costuming and making stuff for 25 years and this is the first you've heard that recasting is bad then i really hope the other people you copied stuff off of were okay with you doing that. Yes we are here to share, sometimes freely and openly and sometimes for a nominal fee to compensate people for all the hard work they put into a project they are passionate about. This may be a hobby for you, but for others this is their full time job in making and selling props/replicas. Its not just a BOARD to them, its their livlihood so i don't appreciate being told to "Get real" when i see that some of my work gets copied.
Well yea i understand your point and i never said we are all recasters but its like you downloaded an artist's song and then sell it and tellthe guybhe cant download it because you sell it .. i dont know if you understand ... anyway im 100% against recasting but im also against selling product from screen used file
Im sorry but that's how i see it we all have our opinion you are a great modeler and all and i understand why you are upset
I would be even more upset if my files or my work were recasted or someone took credit of my work

Again its up to the admin...

I'm /w/ Bimmer on this tryin' to rationalise his actions is inexcusable and ignorant he might as well said I've been recastin' other people's work for 25 years this is th' First time I've heard of this.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

My head just exploded reading this. It seems that just about every day here now someone posts a thread about how they intentionally recast something, whether for personal use or for sale. Then they are shocked and oblivious when they get jumped on.

To say you've been doing this for 25 years and have no idea it was, at the very least, immoral to COPY someone else's work is mind blowing in itself.

You weren't allowed to copy your buddies homework in school, so why is it ok to copy someone else's work now? Regardless of how you are using it, to not at least credit the original maker is what angers me.

What is happening around here?
:banghead:

I understand your argument and fully support it and I also think that it is wrong to copy another's work. however I do not belief on this occasion that such acts were done to manipulate the forum rules or to profit of them none the less he is showing it as his own work in a way... I also think that if it was on more of a large scale were he had copied several would be a big deal

but under the consumer rights act doesn't it state that once you purchase in full the regarded object you are free to do with it what you want - so isn't it possible the only thing he did wrong was posting it on the forum
:)

im really not sure whats going on here i read him say it was bimmer/biggeeks work (credit given?) he also said he recast to add colors to the pieces? my questions; are you selling this vs. using it for your own personal suit/display. im asking because A) if you sell it after this point your asking for an unfixable hit to your credibility and B) maybe youre using this for your own personal suit or maybe a logo for display and didnt want to actually paint it by hand. if he paid for the logo in the first place, then why cant he make a mold of it for his own personal usage? i happen to know for a fact there are several builders on this very forum who have used other peoples pep files and modified/adjusted them, and they have said "this is my remodel of xxxxx's" file, is this not the same thing? if hes not selling it how is he hurting bimmer/biggeek? he paid them already (if this is the case) so they got their money, once compensation has been established the rights of said property become that of the buyer unless its an intellectual property or special stipulations are made contractually before payment is made (conditional licensing), maybe i misread the rules but i find it hard to believe that it is seriously expected of us to buy the same piece of merchandise multiple times in order to figure out a new way to paint/model/cosplay/display/wire with electronics, that seems a little greedy to me, notw if he tries to sell it, i say hang him with 600lb fishing line from a tree and throw a pinata party, but if hes using it for his own personal usage (being that he admitted he recast it he cant sell it on this forum anyway, which is where the ruling actually has merit) correct me if im wrong, i dont want to burn bridges with anyone, but this looks like an issue that will cause undue strife around here. im jsut weighing in on my 2 cents. Honestly, if i buy a helmet for $250, and i wanna make changes to it that alter the original piece, can someone explain why EXACTLY its wrong to spend an EXTRA hundred bucks or so, to make molds and protect my investment? im not saying why cant i recast and sell something, i know the answer to that, what im asking is why cant i make a mold of something i PAID for,to use personally (not publicly) so as not to destroy the original with modifications? or maybe im just not understanding the whole argument

-------------------------------------------- follow up questions--------------------------------------------
maybe this doesnt go along the lines of this, but a thought just occurred to me, i paid a modeller here to design a one of a kind helmet for me only, now since i paid for the helmet but he modelled it does that give him the right to release materials that i paid for? i mean he did the work, but the concepts and ideas were all mine. im not calling anyone out or trying to disrespect anyone but since we are onthe topic of recasting and that would technically be exactly what this situation could be called would the rules apply?

second question; isthe piece that you guys sold to him unpainted? i only ask because if yours is unpainted/not colored, then while he is guilty of making a mold of your work, by adding colors to a blank slate he effectively reduced this to a case of modification. again unless he attempts to profit off of the base concept which is your shield logo.

Last edited:
Man , I wake up , 6 Am to a S$%@#@$ storm of trouble haven.t I. OK. Of course I know Ignorance of the rules is no excuse for breaking them. I should haleread them thoroughly . I am sorry that I am causing all these problems , everybody is entitled to their opinion and no matter what I say or do , what I did cannot be undone. However, I did pay for piece that I purchase, so it is mine , if I wanted to modify it , it is my right, if I want to sell it it is my right , nobody can stop me from doing that. I t would be the same thing if I bought a car or a house or anything else. That is just the way it is . Intellectual property is fine and good but in this case it does not belong to Biggeek or any other persons but Warner Brothers and DC they are the ones that registered the pattern you can be sure of that , even if Biggeek to a scan or sculpted it himself the fact that he reproduced the Superman logo is enough to get him or anybody else sued. Thank god we are small fish and that Warner brothers got smart enough to figure out that we Cosplay people are beneficial to their cause to a point ! ( If we make to much money they will nail our asses to the wall ). That being said what we are doing here is a waist of time gossiping like little girls never solves anything . I sent a e mail apologizing for my unintended faux pas to Biggeek and his partners in the creation of his emblem i also apologize to the Board. Has for the request I made for Curtis Chain mail , I had been working on the prototype for months befor he came out with the possibility of his own., See, this is the thing nobody can see the workings of everybody else mind or what they do on their projects or how hard they work at it . You labeled me a re-caster for 25 years , when what I said was that i had been in costuming for 25 years. It's easy too judge , but one it's written and out there , it's out there ! This is the time I have ever recast anything but do you people believe that , of course not , there is no proof , one way or the other.

But this is not the issue , the infraction of the rules were, I have been warned according to the RPF rules. SO it is done . I have made everything to adress the issue . As far has I am concern the issue is done ! If I have anything more to say , It will be private to Biggeek and his partner. I do not like to do my laundry in public it is plebeian and demeaning to both parties.

Again , I apoligize to all parties ,

Yours in good faith

Bat77

Philippe Bougie ( phonetic ( Boojie)

However, I did pay for piece that I purchase, so it is mine , if I wanted to modify it , it is my right, if I want to sell it it is my right , nobody can stop me from doing that.

Had you left out that comment I would have been inclined to leave it as a faux pas, However I have a feeling that you still don't understand what you did wrong. You got off lucky if the Admins just gave you a warning, most of the time it is inta-ban for that sort of thing.

Ok so I have time to comment on this. Just moved and found this out while traveling to my new home in another city....great surprise.

This really doesn't sit we'll with me.

First off the emblems I cast were colored to what I figured was the right colours. And as I said in my thread, *** needs to be painted and cleared to get the shine and the metallic look...but certainly not recast, with your "fixed" colours.
Second, this prop took a lot more effort than you think. Thousands of dollars worth of time and effort went into this, while you pour some silicon over it to make a "better" one?
Third, this is why some people just won't sell to Myers with Los post counts...I'm starting to agree.

Much effort, time, stress and some love went into getting through this prop and getting it out to everyone who wanted one. And it just feels like that kind of effort isn't worth it if these types of things are going to happen with no real recourse. Just wait for that guy who makes a good prop, buy it and recast it for yourself I gues???

Last edited:
Had you left out that comment I would have been inclined to leave it as a faux pas, However I have a feeling that you still don't understand what you did wrong. You got off lucky if the Admins just gave you a warning, most of the time it is inta-ban for that sort of thing.

Agreed.

Well one thing is for certain you won't be doin' that here Brah:devil you've just been black listed here as a recaster that is irrefutable fact!!!! :angry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back