Alpha Meson Blaster - 2012 Secret Santa Gift DONE !! with Stand

FordPrefect

OK SlimeSquare got me this great gift during the 2012 gift exchange.
http://www.therpf.com/f9/2012-secret-santa-sign-up-sign-up-now-closed-163939/index26.html

I put it up for a bit and completed a prop project I was thinking about and also a project non-related to props. Then the other day I got this out and went to work. It required minimal sanding / cleanup the cast was great (I think this is the right way to say this).

imPOH9O.png

Then was a little primer action and paint. This of course took many weekends :) I cleaned it up and then of course life got in the way and only could get a primer on it let it dry and then do some sanding .. and then finally multiple layers of paint with lots of good dry time.

bfZzKXS.png

Here it is painted and you can not see it but it does have some dark highlighting for a little grime look. I definitely did "the grime" less than many of the other props I saw as it like it being a little clean :) This is also where I had it laid on the MDF I found for making a stand. I had no idea where this was going to go and actually ended up with it mounted much different than imagined.

pMNyCrh.png

Here is the stand done. I cut two pieces and glued / nail ginned them together and let sit over night to dry. Then on July 4th I did the background with modge podge and took a few print outs to help decorate it and help those that visit my media room to understand what they are looking at :) I hope the RPF is ok with me grabbing a shot of the logo and placing on the stand :)

P3w5LPv.png

I did notice when all done the Doctor Who print out was a slight bit off. I was upset for a second and then realized I now have a reason to come back to this one day and remake a new stand .. hahaha

Now the final done picture in the media room ready for others to see !

Thanks again to SlimeSquare for the gift and TheRPF for having such a cool event - Michael Bergeron also big thanks for working the gift exchange. I am happy with the final result and only from all the threads of people sharing techniques would I have been able to bring this together.

HtZptyn.png

Great Job!! Super Nice!! How did you do the letters? Are they decals, Stickers, hand painted or spray with the use of a stencil? :)

Thanks for the nice comments. The Alpha Meson was a Resin kit that came from a RPF Member, it had the pre-printed decals in the kit.

Very easy to work with they were the place in water and then remove the back. Once the back was off you placed it on the destination spot they will stick right to the next thing they are placed on.

Great job! I love seeing this!! Thanks for sharing your work.

As it had been mentioned earlier in this thread, I thought I'd comment on the lettering. I've abandoned the waterslide decals that I had originally made in favor of something I like better. Aztek Dummy made some excellent painting stencils for me from my lettering artwork. I am very pleased with the results. I've posted a few pics in my build thread: http://www.therpf.com/f9/river-song...pics-post-14-a-157457/index2.html#post2966589

Great job! I love seeing this!! Thanks for sharing your work.

As it had been mentioned earlier in this thread, I thought I'd comment on the lettering. I've abandoned the waterslide decals that I had originally made in favor of something I like better. Aztek Dummy made some excellent painting stencils for me from my lettering artwork. I am very pleased with the results. I've posted a few pics in my build thread: http://www.therpf.com/f9/river-song...pics-post-14-a-157457/index2.html#post2966589

Thanks for the kind words! I was almost 100% this was one of your kits but your note on the inside had your real name / number. The waterslide decals worked right off the bat for me .. you sent some extra but they were not needed.

GREAT kits are you still producing them ? Might need one for this years Secret Santa :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Michael and Sean !

OMG - I would LOVE to have one of these "kits" myself....uggghhhhh!!!

Welcome Abbie Rich I see your post count is "just starting". I thought the same thing when I saw them and was lucky enough to get one. TheRPF does have TON's of projects your can start very easy - low price - low hours to make some fun items. I have been eyeing some paper projects for this up coming winter.

Welcome to The RPF and have fun !

I have a virgin nerf for this project just waiting for me to start on it - but ugghhh..how much easier would it be to not have to do all that cutting and modding - etc - yes this is me being lazy - because well - I have like 10 days till Fandom Fest for this cosplay - and I have noooo gumption to even start on it - don't post here too often - but post lots on the facebook forum -

I have a virgin nerf for this project just waiting for me to start on it - but ugghhh..how much easier would it be to not have to do all that cutting and modding - etc - yes this is me being lazy - because well - I have like 10 days till Fandom Fest for this cosplay - and I have noooo gumption to even start on it - don't post here too often - but post lots on the facebook forum -

OK get started, take photo's and place them on a build thread .. DO IT DO IT DO IT !!

Seriously have a good build and be careful it starts to get really addictive - but it sounds like you may have been doing Cosplay already so you understand :)

cheers!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back