San Diego Comic-Con 2014 SDCC

Would it be a big no-no if I list a badge on the junkyard? My wife might not be able to come with me this year after all.... :(

I have her badge for fri, sat and sun and If she doesn't come I may also be able to open up for a roomie at the town and country to recoup some of the costs... Thoughts?

if you are willing to sell it. i would gladly pay you full price. my friend solved the twitter cipher and so i get to go, but we only have 2 tickets for 3 people.

if you are willing to sell it. i would gladly pay you full price. my friend solved the twitter cipher and so i get to go, but we only have 2 tickets for 3 people.

Go ahead and PM your Phone number. Right now it looks like I got someone seriously interested in my extra badge but just in case she doesn't come through, i can give you a ring.

Past 3 years iv'e been here to me it seems like Friday and Saturday are big cosplay days. Last year Friday had more people it seemed like then Saturday. Thursday is pretty decent as well since it's opening day. I got to be on Spike TV and that was on Thursday or Friday i believe.

Going to the Linkin Park concert on Thursday at Petco park.

Friday going dressed as Master Chief, taking my GF, sister and her bf.
Saturday again.

I'm a Native of this area, if any of you have questions about anything pm me or ask me here.

So, I know this may be difficult, but if possible, I'd definitely like to meet some of you guys and girls when I'm there. If any of you are interested in meeting up, post here and let's see if we can't figure something out!

i'd love to meet up with anyone from the RPF. I'll be driving down friday morning, so any meetup friday/saturday is good for me!

I'll be doing Red Hood the entire weekend (only cosplay i've finished). Is there a planned batman meetup? if not, would anyone be interested?

I will be there Saturday. If you see a guy in a Social Distortion Shirt suspenders, and a fedora come say Hi. I know I should at least wear a nerd shirt, but everyone not in costume will be so I am gonna be the odd man out, going Punk/rockabilly looking thus making me easier to spot!!!

Last edited:
Power Loader.jpg
Stop by Booth #4732 and see the Hollywood Collectibles Group 1:4 scale Aliens Power Loader and then get your badge scanned for a chance to win one free. :)

If anyone who's going to sdcc could get loads of photos of the batman displays more so new cowl and cape I would be very greatful and sort the person out a prop and send it to you

I just found out I am going tomorrow thanks to a friend at a studio. If a meet up happens someone shoot me a PM please :)

So I thought I give you all a report on my first ever SDCC Experience. Note to all this is one a "One day" perspective

Time arrived in San Diego: 10:30-11am
Time left San Diego: 4pm
Time spent at the con itself :3 or 4
Time spent looking for parking : 40 mins to an hour
Lessons learned: 1st arrive earlier (9 to 9:30) yes this means leaving LA area around 6 or 6:30. This will help make finding parking easier, Brad and I basically left as early as we could though between making sure we had our paperwork with confirm code and everything. Also as Brad has a semi large family I do not fault him for us not leaving till a little after 7. 2nd if you can make the drive down with a friend or family member, do so. I was luckily enough to be given a ride both ways by Brad(Jedifyfe) we had some very good conversations both ways coming from LA(2-3 hours each way). I can only imagine how boring it would be to make the drive alone even with music I know I might of been going not only stir crazy but just plain bored after 1/2 this time. Next schedule actual "meet up times" with people you want to speak to a little ahead of time I.E. when you first get there or the day before say "Lets me at this entrance, or this area @2 or 2;30 pm." Also do not be afraid to call the people you wish to find for catching up with, sure texting works great but the con itself is so large it is not only easy to get turned around but also just be unable move, and find each other unless 5 feet or less away. I personally had this problem with both Brad, and another person. Luckily I was able to find Brad and this other person but took a good 10-15 mins to do so each time. Next try to call ahead to make a reservation somewhere for food. Also when making this reservation make sure you both set an alarm on your phone but give yourself ample time(20-30 mins) to arrive. I know it personally took us around 20+ minutes to simply walk from the convention center to the gas lamp district. Next we 1st went to this mexican resturant(do not remember the name) but they said the wait time was around 90+ minutes. After both agreeing "screw that" we then spent another 10 or so minutes walking to subway and another 10-15 waiting in line for our subs, and then there was almost no place to sit down and eat we both just basically ended up leaning+ half sitting on the ground outside of it. Next I can not press this issue enough bring plenty of foods you can snack on, and fit in your pockets(they do bag checks and holds)I know simply leaving my house at around 6am, and thus eating at around 5:30(when I needed to to arrive at Brad's when he said he wanted to leave) by the time we got parked, in the con our badges etc(11am) I was already very hungry and thus scarfed down a protein bar while we 1st entered. Last but certainly not least STAY Hydrated I know just simply walking around the con with it being so stuffy due to the amount of people and sitting outside for a few minutes trying to find Brad or this other person I was worked up a pretty good sweat just being in comfy loose clothing(Tshirt and Jeans). I also bought 3 waters and a gatorade from vendors just outside the halls. I also know as we left we stopped and went to CVS I bought 2 one gallon cold water bottles and a large Gatorade. While waiting for Brad to Pay I chugged down one of the waters, and chugged most of the rest as we walked to his car(10-15 minutes). I did not feel like I was completely rehydrated till I got in his car and had been sipping on about a 1/3 of the gatorade. I can only imagine how bad it can be in a heavy/not well breathing costume(had this problem at Comikaze wearing my Aliens USCM armor). If you can bring your own large water bottle and do not be afraid to step outside of the hall to refill it at a drinking fountain. I had this problem at SDCC at well, probably spent about 10-15 on waters and gatorade.

It took me most of these 3 or 4 hours to "walk the floor" one time around. There is so much to see and do I was very easily overwhelmed. So I did not get any pictures unfortunately. Saw a lot of amazing things such as the Alien Isolation Giant Egg booth, Propstore booth, HCG booth and quite a few others. I Did not go in though the line for the Aliens Isolation gameplay booth would of been an hour-2 hours, and by the time I found it, it was 2:30 or so and both Brad(Jedifyfe) and I had agreed we wanted to leave about 4 or 4:30. I did see quite a few RPF members, some who were in costume so I am only guessing it was them. A few of note I saw(1 of whom Brad pointed out to me) were Baywoulf(saw his face so can confirm), Ewan(forgot his username), Matt Munson doing his Dr. Who thing and looked awesome. I also saw Amy(do not know her user name her) but Brad pointed her out to me wearing stormtrooper female armor, which looked awesome.I think I saw a few more members unsure as to which one it was wearing a good spiderman(as seen by some of their rpf pics) either jovonbeck or Crazydog, or El Fett. Probably saw a few more but with costumes covering their faces and such a massive crowd did not get a chance for them or me to say Hi. Also kinda waited for them to say hi as I did not want to go up to some random stranger wearing a costume that covered both their entire body but face as well, only to be told "no im not on the rpf or I do not know this person" Oh well.

I also did not get a chance to catch up with a few RPF members I was really looking forward to, again this is due to mostly time constraints so oh well. The few I did get a chance to I was grateful for the bit of time I did such as the amazingly busy Abby Darkstar, some how no matter how busy she is, she always seems to make a few moments for everyone in her life. I have no idea how she does it all promoting people's items, her own talking with photographers other intrested cosplayers etc, she still manages to find 5 or 10 minutes to have a real conversation with me about how things are with me. So I thought it was only fair to give her a shout out and say Thank you Abby you and or Keith have made every con experience I have had so far amazing and memoriable. I also do not know you you do all of what you do with only so many hours in the day. It seems you find a way to though, so keep on rocking it,cause I know I am probably not the only one who thinks you should be acknowledged for not only all you do for the rpf, or the small amount you do for youself, but for all those you care about which seems to be a great many.

Overall I had a blast and will be trying to do somethings differently for it next year if I get another badge, which I should being that I can now pre register. So Woohoo Go me!!!

Last edited:
If you saw this guy swinging around:

sdcc-2014-1.jpg

Or this guy arresting people:

10557652_10152144725181114_7152718283024342312_o.jpg

That was me :)

Fun as always, but I wish I could see more stuff. It's a little overwhelming with so many cool things happening at the same time.

Risu, it was good to see you there even if so briefly, thanks for waving me over for a few seconds. I was in full Judge gear and must've been in a rush to get to my group meet or panel. Wish I had been able to chat up with you more. The same thing happened when I saw Keith, Abby, and Matt Munson, it was a "Hi, bye, we'll see you somewhere!", which was preview day. But no worries, I got a nice hug from Abby! :D Sorry I wasn't able to meet with ChevyH0tR0d and Jedifyfe, we can reconnect at Comikaze or LBCC.

Heres a few highlights from SDCC.

First, I didn't know I was going until late Thursday and a very good friend made this happen
IMG_4043.jpg

I was invited to the Walking Dead VIP party where this happened
IMG_4081.jpgIMG_4082.jpgIMG_4083.jpgIMG_4085.jpgIMG_4077.jpg

I was also invited to the E Party where I met our very own Adam Savage getting ready to walk the red carpet and then this happened

IMG_4100.jpgIMG_4102.JPGhh-3.gif

And then this happened...............................................IMG_4101.jpg thats George R R Martin

Not a bad Con :thumbsup

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back