San Diego Comic-Con 2014 SDCC

Deadmike

Hi all,

Im trying to get information about tickets to the SDCC 2014! I have read in places that it's a lottery if you get some tickets I have also read that you can only get tickets if you had tickets last year!

Im in the UK and would love to go next year, if anyone has info and if it's just as simple as buying them from the website can you let me know!

Thx!

Yhink you have to register. Then they notify you when theyre available. But they dont last long. I registered after missing my chance this year. Also from the UK. Would love to go.

J

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Im in the UK and would love to go next year, if anyone has info and if it's just as simple as buying them from the website can you let me know!
its supposed to be that simple, but honestly, its not.

Last edited:
its supposed to be that simple, but honestly, its not. I know a way to ensure you get a ticket. PM me if interested.

I went from the UK in 2011, didn't have a major issue getting tickets online. It took me about 2 hours on the computer, but I got it done. Didn't try for last year, but this year...Oh My God!

I'm thinking I might try again for next year...so is this 'secret ticket route' open to anyone?

I went from the UK in 2011, didn't have a major issue getting tickets online. It took me about 2 hours on the computer, but I got it done. Didn't try for last year, but this year...Oh My God!

I'm thinking I might try again for next year...so is this 'secret ticket route' open to anyone?
Build a costume and skit. then enter the masquerade. if its good enough... you can earn the right to buy tickets.

So how does it work for the tickets?
I live in Belgium and me + my GF, best friend + his gf want to go next year.
But i think it would suck if we'd buy tickets to SD but don't have tickets to SDCC'14.

Kaotik

You need to register on the SDCC site and pay attention when the emails go out with instructions on when to go online for the badge registration.

People who had a badge this year will be offered the first chance however. But they hold some back for those that did not go this year and offer them later.

Several offerings are made before totally sold out, you are limited on how many you can buy online. You may have to wait online in a "virtual line" for hours and you may need to stay home from work or put other plans off to do so because when it's time to do it, it's time. The system may even crash and you have to do it again another day as has happened in the past. But it seemed they finally got that resolved.

It's like CessnaDriver said. Attendees from this year will get first chance to buy tickets to next year then they open up ticket sales to the general public.

Public ticket sales this year literally sold out in less than an hour. They opened them up to everyone on Feb 16th (around noon? 10AM? I can't remember off the top of my head, I'd have to check the email I got) and about an hour later they were gone. All gone. I only know because I was on the site that day trying to figure out how much time I had to buy tickets since I wasn't getting paid until Feb 18th. It didn't matter. Later on (months later) they did a lottery for tickets that opened up due to cancellations. You registered for the lottery and if you got chosen, they sent you a link to get tickets and you were limited to 2 (one for yourself and one for another registered member).

My suggestion is to register on the comic-con site like CessnaDriver said and you will be notified, then don't plan anything the hour before and 2hrs after (just in case) and use Chrome since it seems to be the better browser for surfing super high traffic rate sites in my experience. I wish you the best of luck.

I think it is also no secret that people manage to get press passes that truly should not have them simply because they have a connected buddy.
I also know someone who gets four day pass for free because of the "professional" thing. This is a very very part time actor on the side.

Over the past several years, studios has been doing more and more events outside of the actual convention center (that don't require any passes). If you were not able to get tickets, you could still enjoy yourself just hanging out in the downtown/Gaslamp district and enjoy of the overflow of Comic-Con. I know a few of my friends who were invited to the Kick Ass 2 / Playboy party just because they were at the right place at the right time.

Given many times the fact that what they claim will happen and what actually happens diverge a tad, we'll see.
Every time you had to be on your toes, jacked into the minute by minute buzz and know any trick that might be needed
to increase your chances. Load testing is good but jokes about healthcare.gov come to mind applying to this as well.

The absolute best way to get a ticket is to volunteer.

Sign up as mentioned before. Find the volunteer option. They'll send you something saying that you've been accepted or not early in the year - can't remember what month Let's say March.

If you had tickets in the previous year, they sell tickets to those people first in - let's say April.

If you're accepted as a volunteer, come May (let's say) when they have the chaotic ticket cattle call for everyone else, you can still try to get regular tickets. If you get them, you can cancel your volunteer. If you don't get a regular ticket, you still get in for free as a volunteer.

If you're accepted, you will do line crowd control most likely, and you'll do it for 3 hours. The rest of the day is yours.

Comic-Con 2014 Badge Sale Info: No More 4-Day Badges | Collider

2014 Badge Preregistration | Comic-Con International: San Diego

"Below are the 2014 prices. Last year, adult single day tickets were $42 Thursday-Saturday ($3 less) and $24 on Sunday ($6 less). A 4-day badge with Preview Night was $175 in 2013, while the equivalent badges this year cost $200"

11866086205_69bdbf07d2_o.png

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back