Disneyland and Walt Disney World Props, Pieces, and Inspiration

joshuatw

Seeing as how we've got a thread dedicated solely to props etc. from the Haunted Mansion, I thought we should have a thread dedicated to the many other aspects of Disney's theme parks. There's so many incredible props and design elements throughout the various lands and rides in each park, I'd love to see what some other members out there have got in their collection, whether it be replica (or authentic) props, rare/interesting merchandise, or simply something inspired by design elements in a Disney Park. Thread title says Disneyland and WDW, but any of Disney's parks are fair game.

I'll start with a couple small things I recently added to my collection.

The first is a map of the Jungle Cruise. For anyone unaware, these are freely available in the park, you simply ask a Jungle Cruise skipper on the unload dock and they'll go grab you one. They're printed on decent quality paper, but I wanted it to look a bit more authentic. The second pic is the result of my first attempt at aging it. I'm reasonably happy with the result, and I'm going to experiment with it some more soon.

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPG

And here's my figure of Tiki Goddess Pele, a very nice scale replica of the figure found in the Tiki Room Garden pre-show at Disneyland. This was just released for the Tiki Room 50th Anniversary celebration a couple of days ago, done by Kevin Kidney and Jody Daily (signed by both of them). There's also a Uti figure that I'll be adding to my collection soon, unfortunately Uti can no longer be found in the park, as the original figure was removed around a decade ago and never replaced.
photo 3.JPG

Awesome. I'll have to dig out some stuff from my WDW days and post it up...I have all sorts of stuff from the parks including a small section of Monorail beam from WDW. ;)

my wife is Disney Daft.
we've got loads of stuff from the parks and other places.
i even bought her a share in Disney, which has been a great gift. they send a chequefor about 30cents every year and they send the agm invite along with the board report. She never cashes the cheques, butthey are a great momento. The share certificate is great looking in the frame too

I've got the usual, a few HM plaques, the stretching portraits on canvas, bat stanchion, attraction posters, and this.......

DSC_3933%20(Large).JPG

had it custom made by someone here. Still awaiting finishing, but I'm just so busy renovating another 85 year old home. :(

I've got it on my list to make/have made a 1:1 club 33 plaque (still trying to figure out how to do the design on the field of it). I took about 60 close, and VERY high resolution images of it when I was last in park, as well as detailed measurements (I must have looked like a weirdo, but hey, after paying $300 for dinner at the club, I think I was allowed a little weird). I also want to do a 1:1 1901 plaque (the size of the 1901 plaque surprised me being so small).

Nice! I'd love to see a Club 33 plaque replica done. I've thought about trying it myself but don't know how I'd go about it.

i had the greatest luck this past weekend...i ended up scoring several original disneyland attraction posters that were used at the Disneyland Resort underneath the train tracks....

they all measure 36 x 54 and are huge!

Originals

Haunted Mansion:
f40c71cb-fae2-4e70-aed2-1cd4f8434fdf_zpsde07abbd.jpg

Disneyland RailRoad

57b63a0d-ee4d-43bc-93d2-ed5369ec2533_zps6689dc27.jpg

Pirates of the Caribbean:

7ac8b930-8752-400f-89d1-9611e1f060b1_zps087964a5.jpg

Alice in Wonderland:

fb53e811-b010-4394-bdda-3f96149a6d00_zps0c228942.jpg

Submarine Voyage:

767f6497-ddd8-4ade-9d75-cfdbed6a4829_zpsab6eef56.jpg

Matterhorn:

b1ee7a94-0096-4d10-8865-1a110eb2183b_zpsbea618a8.jpg

Monorail:

7c913bd3-b4fc-4283-b2e0-a988d05047a1_zpsbe74331a.jpg

Autopia:

31486e18-8007-4391-bcde-a2340134d674_zpsbe4e0701.jpg

Reproductions from the old Disney Gallery above Pirates of the Caribbean which is now the dream suite

Jungle River:
d59b32c6-c3f0-420c-852b-b5ba9bd02c24_zps9ea4e045.jpg

Rocket to the Moon:

bbac9e47-aafa-424d-a7bc-2790e640c527_zps22938419.jpg

Those are all very nice! Maybe DisneyLand is different, but I know at WDW all of the posters are actually permanently mounted to a solid material before display. I have a few that were on display at WDW, including an original runner for the Fort Wilderness Railroad from the 70's.

thats cool.
ive found some hi res ones and downloaded them from the web.
im lucky to have a large format printer, so used them for my wifes hobby room

that is interesting that WDW permanently mounts their posters....do you know how long they have been doing that?....

my best friend owns a ton of the originals and his were never mounted...he got them from his dad who worked for disneyland for about 49 years or so....and i know two other attraction poster collectors and theirs were never mounted to a solid base....i wonder if disneyland still continues this practice....

i been trying to figure out how old my attraction posters are....im guessing 90's for some of them due to the submarine voyage closed in 1998

Yeah, I know WDW has been doing it for a long time...some of mine are from the 70's and 80's. But like everything Disney does, they produce in volume to save money and ensure spares are always on hand. I would assume they only mount those that actually end up being displayed...the spares probably sit in stacks somewhere.

Just finished this. Hangs on the entrance to my daughter's play room.

DSC_7054%20(Large).JPG

Hanging in the play room... and older version of the plaque...
DSC_7056%20(Large).JPG

And a more current one I've yet to hang... it and the following are currently hanging out between some cherubs off of the Lost Ark of the Covenant....
DSC_7058%20(Large).JPG

And sans ripping a stanchion out of the ground, shoving it under your coat, and hoping the ghost host doesn't catch you... a bat stanchion...

DSC_7060%20(Large).JPG

Have some even cooler stuff on the way, and I have to build the frames for my stretching portraits...

thanks to a disneyland imagineer......i acquired a submarine voyage porthole glass window...

it was used for the old submarine voyage ride......

i'm in the process of getting sea weed that was used on the ride...

thanks to a disneyland imagineer......i acquired a submarine voyage porthole glass window...

it was used for the old submarine voyage ride......

i'm in the process of getting sea weed that was used on the ride...
Very cool. I had a couple portholes from the Florida ride. I still have one in storage, but sold the other two to a shell shop in St Augustines Florida.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back