Another Cheap & Cheerful Star Wars Blaster Replica

FoxhoundTCF

Inspired by both Badsprouts and Geohazards budget blaster builds, I decided to try my hand at it.

The toy Mauser I am using cost me £3.99 and is the same as the gun that Badsprouts used, just a different colour

I forgot to take any pictures before I started, but here's a pick of a black one

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81PLbgutWbL._SL1500_.jpg

The first thing I did was to shorten the magazine housing to make it more accurate. I also cut out the trigger guard as I'm going to attempt to make it more accurate as well

DL-44%252001.jpg

I then went about making the flash hider. For this I used the tip of a football (soccer) training cone that I got in a pack of 4 with a small spongy ball for a £1 (I bought the pack for this project) and the the centre part of a mini sellotape roll.

DL-44%252002.jpg

DL-44%252003.jpg

DL-44%252004.jpg

Thanks. I haven't had a chance to do much more to this but I did start work on the scope. Made using the same cone and sellotape centre method as the flash hinder, the clear part is from a broken toy microscope

DL-44%2520Scope%25201.jpg

DL-44%2520Scope%25202.jpg

Sorry for the lack of updates on this thread.

I ended up ditching this project as it wasn't going anywhere and probably would would have ended up requiring a fair amount of work to get to where I would have like it.

The main reason for ditching it was that I found a cheap airsoft Mauser (£9.99, so only about £6 more than the cheap toy one) that is full size

The base gun is a Double Eagle M-32 (although mine in the orange version, due to UK laws)

M-32a.JPG

M-32b.JPG

M-32c.JPG

Another good thing with this gun is that the barrel is detachable so it makes modifications easier.

I bought a resin flash hider from Mark Bradley on the Rebel Legion forum and made a custom scope and mount. The main part of the scope is from a toy pirate telescope that I got from shop in the UK called 99p Stores, the red bit on the front is the lid to a bottle of Evian water. The bracket is from another UK shop called Poundland and the silver clip is from another UK shop called Wilkinsons.

My%252520DL-44%2525201.JPG

My%252520DL-44%2525202.JPG

My%252520DL-44%2525203.JPG

I plan on adding extra details to my gun to make it look more screen accurate (other than the scope, but I wanted to add a personal touch to it). I'm going to use this thread on the Rebel Legion (as it uses the same gun) as a guide

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18609

That custom is pretty badass, nice work! Looks like a mix of ROTJ and ESB blasters, like something Star Wars floor effects would have made!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back