Texas Annual Prop Party D/FW

Keep watching the thread. Noone has agreed to a date or time. We're still acquiring interest at this point. Personally, I'd prefer it didn't coincide with a Con.

Oh, I know, I know. Doesn't seem like there's anything concrete as of yet. I'm just providing input, hoping my two cents will provide something meaningful.

We need to establish 3 things:

PLACE
DATE
TIME

So, first thing, PLACE. Evan, are you thinking about your place or the brewery?

I've tried to spell out most of the issues regarding the brewery option. First, the big one. The law would prohibit us from bringing firearms, knives, swords and real weapons to display. So if this is a part of your collection which you'd like to display, please speak up now. We could show those off site somewhere. My house is located 5-10 minutes from the brewery. As for smoking, they have a loading dock where it is permissable to smoke as well as drink.

I volunteered there last night and hope to volunteer there again on Sunday. They all know me. It was one of the organizers of events that told me about the possibility of doing it. I would have to talk to them more about it. They seemed to indicate that there was more than one way we could go about it.

They said we could have it going on during their regularly scheduled tour and tasting at the brewery, Saturday from 1:00 to 3:00. That would provide us access to free beer and a place to set up our stuff. There has been more than one local group to use this option. We might get a few looky-loos from the people who are there for the tastings. So we would have to be concerned about keeping an eye on everything.

Also, we may be able to schedule a three hour block during a weekday. Which I understand would be out of the question for those traveling.

There is a possibility that we could schedule a block of time for Saturday evening after the tasting for a fee.

My ideal choice, would be to set-up before the tasting and have an hour or two still after its over. I'll have to discuss it further.

Of course, we could set up at my house before the event. Go there for a couple hours and drink. They limit consumption to four beers, but its four full beers not 2 oz samples. For the after hours events, they limit the time not the amount consumed. Then come back to the house, well lubricated for a prop party.

Those of you who have been to my house, know I have plenty of space to host if needed to. I may have to find a new source of tables, I'm not sure.

Funky, you've been to the brewery. What do you think of it as an option?

The brewery is fine but my two concerns are the amount of starngers that are looking at our stuff (which could easily be remedied but having several of us keeping an eye on the tables. It would be up to the owner of the prop if THEY want to let a stranger handle an item. Plus, this is kind of cool to show off our crap to the undeserving public. :lol
The second issue is the amount of time we could spend there. Guys, when we get together it's foe a WHOLE lot longer than two hours. If they let us hang out till about 5 or 6 that would be awesome.
So there are pro's and con's.
Evan, discuss this with the brewery and see what they think?

What about set-up at Evan's house, go to the Brewery for a little free beer in the afternoon, and then back to Evans's place to look at everyones stuff, talk, eat, and a few more drinks?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(franz bolo @ Jan 20 2007, 01:09 AM) [snapback]1401219[/snapback]</div>
Let me know if the Houston meeting will ever take place..

FB
[/b]

Tim,

Sorry, I'm gonna be pretty busy in Febuary. Don't think i can host a local Houston get-together.

Evan,

I'm with Funky, these parties usually last pretty long. besides the brewery, is there another venue that may allow us to stay longer... maybe a restaurant, cafe... ect.

Let me know if you need anything from me for the Dallas prop party.

Nick

I met Evan at the Brewery yesterday. Man, what a fun place. Minors are allowed. The beer is really good and free. :D

I'd prefer to stay for a while where/when we start drinking.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(James Kenobi 1138 @ Jan 20 2007, 02:04 AM) [snapback]1401075[/snapback]</div>
What about set-up at Evan's house, go to the Brewery for a little free beer in the afternoon, and then back to Evans's place to look at everyones stuff, talk, eat, and a few more drinks?
[/b]

That sounds good to me.

Very cool- I am on call that month but will definitely be there (maybe a little late)-

Looking very forward to it as always-

Estil

Damm...I was looking forward to a Houston party since I live in Galveston.....Dallas is a 5 hour drive for me but I can do it...work permitting.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back