Pacific Rim Jaeger Suits?

im planning on doing on in sintra after the movie releases, and i clear some space in my workshop (finish my iron panther and the "surprise" suit im putting all my creative sill into right now)

Have you heard of The Game Station on youtube? They have permission from WB to do there own Pacific Rim short film, and they've had a few Jaegers, Kaiju and pilot suits made for there filming by a prop company. They've got a few behind the scenes vids out across a few channels and the actual video is out tomorrow I think

A Jaeger pilot suit has been added to my must build list after seeing the movie Tuesday night! Now to find good reference pix of the back!

Would love to build a Gipsy Danger costume, but not sure when I could schedule the time to do it! I did buy an action figure, though, so have a nifty little reference model to work from...

Brent

As much as I'd love to see the jaegers as costumes, the proportions would be a massive problem without some clever trickery. It'd be very cool to see solutions for the limb placement, the silhouettes of gypsy danger, striker eureka and maaaaybe crimson typhoon could be squashed in and made to work around the lower half of a human body, but the arms on all of them are very far apart - maybe some puppeteering of the lower arms would work whilst having the bulk of the chest and head portions sit above the wearer's head.

Pity, I actually liked cherno alpha the best. Baww, impossible proportions! :p

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back