Scratch built Halo MA37 Assault Rifle with craft foam and paper (liquid resin)

narutoishere

This is my first post at Rpf. My idea of building a prop gun for cosplay has to be light to carry and it is durable. I have built Fallout 3 laser rifle, pulse rifle, etc with wood, metal parts and card stock. This is one of the first projects that I use foams.

At first I worked on a paper-craft version of MA37 assault rifle from HALO REACH and thought of covering it with liquid resin, but the cutting, folding and gluing were taking too much time. So I stopped. Only until 2 weeks ago before the Toronto prop party, and I decided to build the gun with foam, which was a much faster and easier way to do. I couldn't finish the gun for the party because I needed to source plastic parts for the barrel. Anyhow the overall project took 2 weekends to complete.

I used pepakura pdo printouts as templates. Materials included 1.5" foam (4 pieces per set) available at walmart for $11.99, and craft foamies and blue led light from dollarama, hot glue, mod podge and various plastic parts for barrels, auto car paint, etc.. Tools required were scissor, stanley knife, hot glue gun, ruler.

Here are photos from half finished to completion. I forgot to document the process as the whole project took less than 20 hours combined.

IMG_7456.JPGIMG_7458.JPGIMG_7457.JPGIMG_7552.JPGIMG_7559.JPGIMG_7560.JPGIMG_7558.JPGIMG_7555.JPG

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back