Independence Day: Resurgence

Re: Independence Day 2

If he is not careful he will price himself out of a lot of roles.

His "Bankability" is starting to wane

Losing more and more interest in this movie with every new piece of information that comes out, which is a shame, because I really liked the first one.

It's also the fact that he's promoting his talentless kids in all he does too.

BwKObQwIIAAnq1r.jpg

All hints and rumors aside, I'm hoping that they have taken twenty years to reverse-engineer all that stuff and are now gonna do something with it. With so much of the world's population killed and the major cities trashed, I imagine it'd be a new Renaissance. Literally. Half of Europe died from the Black Death and then refugees from the Holy Roman Empire showed up with all kinds of nifty science salvaged from Alexandria before religious zealots trashed the Library a few centuries earlier.

I remember after the first film there was material from the makers that said that the mothership was just the base-ship for the invasion force. The advance force for the main colony ship that lagged behind. They weren't sure then if they wanted to follow up with the colony arriving and a ground war ensuing, or Our Heroes assimilate their technology and take the fight to them. I really hope the latter.

--Jonah

I'd vote fake. It looks like the "captured" attacker from the first one with all the plating added to it. And it is just a copy and paste of the same attacker. They'd have to be really stretching if they needed to use an old image to promote.

i really enjoyed the first film... i wonder where this second one will go?

Brent Spiner's in it? Didn't he get killed in the first one?

Or are they just going to find another Brent in pieces in the desert, that always works out well.

Brent Spiner's in it? Didn't he get killed in the first one?

Or are they just going to find another Brent in pieces in the desert, that always works out well.

I remember the alien choking him out and after they shoot the alien they check the doctors pulse, I always figured he was dead?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does look like the alien drops him before everyone starts shooting, and I know we never see Spiner's character for the rest of the movie, but they could fudge it that he survived I guess.

I just hope they don't bring Randy Quaid back.

Last edited by a moderator:

OMG i hope the next wave of aliens will bring back elvis .................... :lol

reboot, or sequel to independence day? dunno. might be bad movie, might be not

He was most definitely dead.
He was just MOSTLY dead...

How did people like the first one? The plot was so trite and silly...the vastly advanced aliens are taken down by a computer virus. Good lord. Will Smith walking up and punching an alien...Randy Quaid the hero...Bill Pullman as the President...ugh.

Last edited:

He was just MOSTLY dead...

How did people like the first one? The plot was so trite and silly...the vastly advanced aliens are taken down by a computer virus. Good lord. Will Smith walking up and punching an alien...Randy Quaid the hero...Bill Pullman as the President...ugh.

I like the movie for exactly those parts. The straight forward simplicity, the silliness of how the aliens werent smart enough to have a linux or os x machine, will smith punching the alien, randy quaid exact7ng revenge etc etc. liked the designs, the simple characters. It kind of reminded me of one of those great 70ies movies with aliens in it... Star ... something something ...

I like the movie for exactly those parts. The straight forward simplicity, the silliness of how the aliens werent smart enough to have a linux or os x machine, will smith punching the alien, randy quaid exact7ng revenge etc etc. liked the designs, the simple characters. It kind of reminded me of one of those great 70ies movies with aliens in it... Star ... something something ...

Right. How can you not like him going up to the crashed ship, punching the alien and saying "Welcome to Earth!"? That was great! You just have to ignore the stuff that doesn't seem right and have fun with it. It's just like an old B scifi movie from the 50s.

no way randy made it thru the ULTIMATE PAYBACK, "HELLO BOY'S......IM BACK!!!" oh crap....please don't make that the tag line for the sequel......

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back