Independence Day: Resurgence

Re: Independence Day 2

"It's not a reboot, we're doing something totally unusual."

You mean it's just going to be a straight-up sequel? :lol

Seriously though, glad Smith isn't in it, but... Why make another Independence Day movie? Seriously...

I used to think it would be so cool to see an ID4 2 movie but...it's been almost 20 years since the first one. It's far too late to do it now. Plus no Will Smith? THE star of the first one? And I doubt Jeff Goldblum will return either, the OTHER star of the movie. I may change my mind when i see more but at this point, I'm not interested in this sequel at all.

element_meh_dark_shirts-r39583cb7448348729acfc8dc8420f71d_va6lr_512.jpg

If it's "the shattered remnants of nations around the world are scrambling for scavenged alien tech to not only get a jump on technology, but to rebuild their own defenses for when the 'touchy-feely' mood ends and we go back to being jerks to each other" then I'm for it.

Chances are, it'll be wave two of the aliens showing up, only this group has virus scanners, firewalls, and stopwatches (so they don't have to coordinate their attack through our satellites.)

I wasn't much a fan of the original. It was "OK". Hardly needing a sequel, but not at all surprising that one would be attempted. What is surprising is the number of years it has taken to attempt one.

Also, coming out July 2015. If Star Wars pans out on schedule the summer of '15 could be reminiscent of the summer blockbuster days of old.

On a related note, it has always puzzled me that the title, "Independence Day", was abbreviated to "ID4". In God's name, WHY? It's not, "Independence Day 4". If it were, then that lame abbreviation would make sense. But it's not. In light of that it just doesn't really make any sense. It drove me crazy when it was released and it drives me crazy today. SERENITY NOW!

Last edited:

If it's "the shattered remnants of nations around the world are scrambling for scavenged alien tech to not only get a jump on technology, but to rebuild their own defenses for when the 'touchy-feely' mood ends and we go back to being jerks to each other" then I'm for it.

Chances are, it'll be wave two of the aliens showing up, only this group has virus scanners, firewalls, and stopwatches (so they don't have to coordinate their attack through our satellites.)

I agree if they rebuild the world into something cool but also arm themselves against each other it would be neat, or even to take the fight to the aliens. In theory all this alien tech could create one hell of a Cold War scenario like the missile race and the first to get back into space with the tech as i doubt everyone will have the same amount of alien relics in each nation. Plus you'd have a civilian blackmarket for it. This could make for a very dark movie. Or a crappy vehicle for will smith's son if they hire him instead of will.

On a related note, it has always puzzled me that the title, "Independence Day", was abbreviated to "ID4". In God's name, WHY? It's not, "Independence Day 4". If it were, then that lame abbreviation would make sense. But it's not. In light of that it just doesn't really make any sense. It drove me crazy when it was released and it drives me crazy today. SERENITY NOW!

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the fact the Independence Day is on the 4th of July

A sequel... period. :facepalm

That film is nearly unwatchable. I can't believe how much I thought it was "fun" back then.

Kevin

I really liked it. The only thing that makes me cringe is when Will Smith says "Just like the AMRAAM launchpad on the stealth." :facepalm If you don't know, neither the B2 nor F117 have air to air missile capability, and the AMRAAM is air to air. Oh the Israeli F/A-18s bug the hell out of me too because they don't have any (only F15s and F16s). They did that because the USAF wouldn't cooperate.

I have no clue how they will do a sequel unless it's showing how the aliens attacked other planets.

ID4-2? Sure why not? There have been made sequels to far worse films. Gotta mention I really liked the soundtrack :)

Oh no you did not shoot that green CRAP at me!

Well, with the sequel comes a re-release of the first film. Lets hope they clean/tidy up the effects if that's the case, because as they are they don't stand up very well in 1080p HD.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back