Independence Day: Resurgence

Re: Independence Day 2

Not that it really matters but he wasn't a soldier, he played an Air Force officer.

Mad scientist may be more like it. If we are getting technical, perhaps a civilian contractor. He didn't seem like the saluting type. :lol

Baldwins character was a Major in the Air Force who kept a tight leash on Spiners character :lol

Mad scientist may be more like it. If we are getting technical, perhaps a civilian contractor. He didn't seem like the saluting type. :lol

No one has to say anything you just look at his rank worn on his shoulder! :lol

DOH! I was thinking we were talking about Dr. Okun. Boy am I getting old. I can't even read anymore. *facepalm*

:lol I hear ya ! :lol

Yeah Okun was a civilian Contractor who in his words never got out much :lol

Just saw a pic of pullman GOOD GAWD!!!!! :lol :lol :lol

Just saw a pic of pullman GOOD GAWD!!!!! :lol :lol :lol

He and Alec Baldwin could be twins. Bloated, old twins...

I WAS going to say Michael Douglas, then I found a recent pic of him. Yikes!!!

Last edited:

What bothers me about Independence Day is that Pullman's speech makes no sense. Declaring independence is only relevant if you're being subjugated. The aliens weren't trying to rule us; they were tying to destroy us. Independence really isn't what's at stake; it's survival.

Otherwise it was still a mediocre picture.

while the original film was a goodball- fest at its best, i still enjoy Goldblums quirky acing style. if hes in it ill probably go see it.

I agree. Goldblum is one of those actors that no matter how terrible the movie he can make it shine at least a little. As long as Randy Quaid's character is still dead the movie won't be all bad. I thought his character was just odd but i think that was mostly just him shining thru.

Goldblum AND Pullman? Awesome! :D "Let's kick the tires and light the fires, big daddy!!" then it just might be worth watching, I (really)hope. Really liked the original one(I was young! Alright? :p) :D

Blasphemer! :lol Early this month I had a chat with BRENT SPINER and he said he always gets annoyed when people call him Data. True, it's arguably his most famous acting gig, but give the guy some credit. :D

First: NICE ;)

Second, I don't get why the would call him that, seeing as how it's a character he played. But that's just me :wacko

He was in that movie? Who did he play?

You should watch the film again ;)

No one has to say anything you just look at his rank worn on his shoulder! :lol

And don't forget the uniform as well, the gold oak leaf on his shoulder tells you his rank but the uniform tells you which branch of the military he's in.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back